Which brand should I pick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rang_ranger

Reaction score
Back again with more lightbulb questions.

Based off your experience, which brand is better for a 2008 Liberty?
Philips Vision Plus 9008
Or
Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H13

And which choice for the fog light bulbs?
Sylvania Silverstar 9145
Or
Philips crystal vision platinum 9145

Thank you!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Phillips for my headlights. I've uses Silverstars there before, but they look more blue. I prefer the warmer light color of the VisionPlus.

I'm using 9005/9145/H10: GTR CSP Mini LED's for my fogs and they're awesome. The light is very bright white and illuminates the terrain immediately in front and to the sides of the Jeep really well.

Rang_ranger

Reaction score
I have the Phillips for my headlights. I've uses Silverstars there before, but they look more blue. I prefer the warmer light color of the VisionPlus.

I'm using 9005/9145/H10: GTR CSP Mini LED's for my fogs and they're awesome. The light is very bright white and illuminates the terrain immediately in front and to the sides of the Jeep really well.
Thank you for your feedback :) Question about the fog LEDs, I’ve been reading that the LEDs don’t work as well in the reflective lights. You aren’t having any problems with your LED fog lights?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback :) Question about the fog LEDs, I’ve been reading that the LEDs don’t work as well in the reflective lights. You aren’t having any problems with your LED fog lights?
This is definitely true with headlights, because they tend to blind drivers coming at you. The leds are not exactly mimicking the location of the incandescent bulb filament, so light goes places it shouldn’t. That’s why I am still running conventional bulbs there. But LED’s are DOT approved to be used as fogs. These are angled down and are less likely to blind another driver.