Where to get 3/8" strut shims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says, where can I get a pair? The only place I've been able to find is rro, and I'm a little sketched about buying from them. I'm about to get new tires soon, and I'm wanting more lift. I already have a clevis lift and ome

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
As the title says, where can I get a pair? The only place I've been able to find is rro, and I'm a little sketched about buying from them. I'm about to get new tires soon, and I'm wanting more lift. I already have a clevis lift and ome

Add a 1/4 inch top plate from JBA
Rustys used to have them but you had to redrill the holes since they never got them right

If you already have the clevis in there adding 1/4 inch top plate is going to put you as high as you can go anyways , unless your springs are worn out

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aight thanks tom, I was unsure if the 1/4" would be enough. I'd definately rather order from JBA than the alternatives

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Aight thanks tom, I was unsure if the 1/4" would be enough. I'd definately rather order from JBA than the alternatives

Just read elsewhere that you are running 926s in front instead of 927s. Will never have the same amount of lift with them, but since you are running stock arms you don't want to be over 3 inches anyways

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh well, they'll be here tomorrow. I can already tell the 926 are losing height. I'm looking to get some JBA uppers and 927's after I buy some tires. My uca's never have touched the spring at full droop, even with the front Sway Bar disco'd. Your news is actually good news, since I was worried about uca angles. I was planning on adding the top plate, and removing one of the 3 conduit nuts. Should level me out pretty good. For some reason my 947 rears haven't sagged a bit. I've hauled multiple 2 ton loads of rock building my rock garden, and they haven't sagged a bit

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received them wednesday, and was hoping to get them put in today. I had my wisdom teeth removed today, so I wasn't very excited about crawling under the jeep in 95* 89% humidity weather
You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully will get them in tomorrow