What vehicles would you consider if Jeep was non exsistant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I got the KJ was for the 5,000lb towing capacity.

So if Jeeps did not exist, I would probably look for an FJ40...just for fun.(the new FJ is Fuuggglly).

But that wouldn't tow...so I would probably be looking at an older x-terra or four-runner or something. I don't like the new ones.

Then with gas prices the way they are, a car would be also needed. I don't know where I would be without the cutlass that gets 28-30 mpg. It's old but paid for and just keeps running and doesn't break so for now it is a keeper.

Course, when I hit the lottery, all this will change........:D

Dave

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel powered something that gets decent MPG. It may be more expensive right now, but diesel is gonna be around for a lot longer than gasoline...

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was referring to diesel ALTERNATIVES, such as biodiesel. These produce plenty of power, are relatively easy to produce or procure (natural gas is even an increasingly used option,) and will likely be available for quite some time at relatively low prices. A diesel engine is relatively easy to modify to accept a wider range of fuels, and modern ones often even come this way from the factory (biodiesel, natural gas, and vegetable oil mods are increasingly common.) Note that these engines also burn relatively clean with improved emissions technology.

In contrast, the only "alternative" for gasoline currently available is ethanol, which has a lower enthalpy, is inefficient and dirty to manufacture, and competes with the human food supply. It is also not a complete solution, as there are no commonly available cars to run on pure ethanol.

Not that I'm a gasoline hater, I just see more future in diesel through proven technology already in common use. My dream libby would be one exactly like mine, but with a new paint job and a CRD.

Last edited:
Reaction score
well can you tell me why it's 5600 pounds when my moms pacifica isnt that much?

One of the main reasons I got the KJ was for the 5,000lb towing capacity.

So if Jeeps did not exist, I would probably look for an FJ40...just for fun.(the new FJ is Fuuggglly).

But that wouldn't tow...so I would probably be looking at an older x-terra or four-runner or something. I don't like the new ones.

Then with gas prices the way they are, a car would be also needed. I don't know where I would be without the cutlass that gets 28-30 mpg. It's old but paid for and just keeps running and doesn't break so for now it is a keeper.

Course, when I hit the lottery, all this will change........:D

Dave

04renegade

Reaction score
i kind of like those toyota fj's. my parents have one and it seems like a very respectable vehicle...

scull20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daily Driver: 2008 Audi S5...Simply Beautiful.

Saturday Driver: Ariel Atom 300...Street Legal rocket ship, 0-60 in 2.7 Seconds, Need I say more. (Look up the top gear video on you tube, its nuts.)

Sunday Driver: Lotus Exige S 240 (Atom with a roof essentially)...Just because I've always wanted one.

Dirty Work: A loaded Tacoma...always liked the way the look.

I guess I should saving now...so I can pay my student loans...then get the cars lol

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how I forgot about this one. I can't afford it yet, but the Hummer H3 Tactical Edition. What makes it tactical? I don't know, but it looks cool.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mr_Ras

Reaction score
My choice

Mercedes C230 coupe. I switched from a Benz to the Liberty and I
like the Liberty better!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.