What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fulltimer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my second KJ. The first was an 02 and traded in a Mazda 626. Traded the 02 (bare bones) on the 05 Limited. No regrets!

Terry

snowsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't trade in a vehicle when I bought the KJ in 03. I had been riding a mountain bike full time for 6 years as my only transportation. Yes, even in winter. It had studded snow tires. :D Still have that bike, a Schwinn that seems to be indestructible.

Before that I drove a 92 Plymouth Sundance that I bought new. GBT.

jeepmedic

Reaction score
I traded a Hyundai Elantra GT. 37 MPG. I still miss that little car at times, mosty when I'm @ the gas pump drive.gif

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in a 2006 Chevy HHR. Got tired of all of the first year model bugs in the HHR and it just wasn't a "tough" vehicle. I ran over a brick that fell out of a trailer in front of me on the highway in the HHR and it did $2500 damage - bent front Rim, a-arm, popped tire, bent rear axle, and more... Got it fixed and went shopping for a new car. Went to the Jeep lot, laid down on the ground and looked underneath and found actual heavy duty stuff under there... Couldn't be happier 13 months and 22k miles later. And I know I can run over a brick and not break my KJ!

ga_repoman

Reaction score
2001 chevy blazer
made the mistake of topping off the radiator with regular antifreeze
this mixed with the red crap gm put in it created a nice brown sludge
which started clogging up all sorts of things

at least a jeep uses regular antifreeze

dog_party

Reaction score
Got rid of a 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg. Fun car. Needed a truck though, so I got the KJ, which was the first and only diesel KJ I drove.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got rid of my 2001 Caravan. Bought it new in 2001 and got rid of it this past March.
That thing was unstoppable, never changed the ****** fluid and had 293 000kms on it and still going strong. A few minor repairs along the way but never had any problems with it....rust was getting the best of it when I traded it in for the KJ. I hope the Jeep lasts just as long and then some.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2001 chevy blazer
made the mistake of topping off the radiator with regular antifreeze
this mixed with the red crap gm put in it created a nice brown sludge
which started clogging up all sorts of things

at least a jeep uses regular antifreeze
Your KJ does not use "regular" antifreeze,it uses HOAT coolant(or Zerex GO5) and can not be mixed with dexacool or any universal coolants(acid will be the result).But since HOAT coolants are low silicate based the "regular" green antifreeze(ethalyne glycol,high silicate based) will mix with the HOAT coolant but will need to be changed every year or damage will result.

It has been tested when Dexacool or any universal coolants(OAT coolants,silicat free) is put into a cooling system made for HOAT or ethylene glycol coolants it will damage your water pump and severly corrode your radiator and heater core.

Last edited:

Shpotty

Reaction score
I traded...

my five month old 2008 Pontiac G5 for my 2007 Liberty. I traded my 1997 ZJ for the G5 when gas prices went insane but with my bad peg and my long commute, the car was mighty uncomfortable for me. I took a bit of a beating money-wise, but I am back in a Jeep and very comfortable.

tumanator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1991 Ford Ranger XLT - it was a good truck and I had it in places jeeps wouldn't go :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

tumanator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't say i took it anywhere any of you wouldn't go...... but I've seen jeeps turn around and i kept going, you can tell in that pic i'm breaking trail, this is on the west side of the MTN so the snow wasn't deep, southeast side......8-16 in. This was the day before general season, and if you couldn't tell I had chains on. You should have seen the place where the guy before me gave up, tore the road up bad.... i mean bad..... when he went out he was chained on all 4's and he did some digging to get there, i only chained the front..... but i did have weight in the back.

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my saturn that was donated to me impounded and had to give it up (didnt have the money to get it outta hoc) 9 months later, got a real job and had to move out of state...roll up on a $6,700 04 libby with 67k miles. SOLD. and here i am today. lift and armor soon :)

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
I traded a 2000 Dodge Avenger ES for the KJ. Sorry to see that go, but with about 140,000 miles, all original, it would have cost 4k to fix up. Every time I see another one, I get a little sad...

Chris9296

Reaction score
My wife and I knew we needed a new vehicle, our 98 Chev Venture was giving us ample warning that it was time, body was rotten and other things going. So did my research and we both agreed on the liberty, traded ours in and got and 04 Black sport 3.7 with 80,000 km and a low $tag. Now the problem is who gets to drive it when we go out..LOL

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^Welcome to another Black KJ.

Dave