What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold the family minivan, 97 Pontiac Montana, wanted something newer and this sexy little jeep caught my eye. I swear it followed me home!

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife traded in her '92 Buick Regal back in September of '02 for her KJ. We've racked up a whopping 31K miles on it in almost 7 years! :)

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I know!!! She works close by so the miles don't really add up. Plus, she was pregnant twice and couldn't fit behind the wheel for a few months, so that kept miles off it as well. :)

FWIW, the Buick she traded in for the KJ had under 50K miles on it, and it was 10 years old.

Deviations

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold a 2002 blue PT Cruiser with 140,000 miles.
It ran well up until the last 30,000 and now it has a problem every other month. The ONLY thing I liked about it was the amount of space. I could fit multiple windsurfers & all the gear.

I picked up a 2004 black Renegade. It looks great and runs extremely well. I plan on giving it to my daughter when she turns 16 this winter. At that point, I'm planning on getting a 4 door wrangler.

Divorce can be a great thing....

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold a 2001 Chevy Silverado extended cab Z71 4x4 stepside, which I purchased new. It started to become a PIMA, so I unloaded it. At that time, my nephew was selling his KJ. I liked it, so I bought it.

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i traded in a 2003 grand am gt with a little over 80k miles on it when it puked coolant and inside and outside the engine so i fixed it and got rid of it since it gave me problems alot at least a cool $1000 a year repairing something. plus it was horrible in winter hopefully the jeep will fare much better.

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 Ford Explorer. It was a good car but it had 140k on it and was starting to fall apart. The KJ feels like a sports car compared to the Explorer and has a lot more off road ability too. I am having to adjust to have a lot less room though.

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold our 97 S10 Blazer to get the wife's Jeep. My sister has it and still going strong.... her Libby isn't half the vehicle the Blazer was, sorry, but fact. The old girl was up over 145K, time to get wife a newer one, she picked the Libby.

slickmainer

Reaction score
traded my 99 chevy tahoe and my 2002 hyundai accent. walked out the door with a 2003 Limited with 43,000 miles for $11,000

3JEEPSinMO

Reaction score
Traded in My Suburban

We just traded in an 04 Suburban that was loaded with low miles! We traded for a used 07 Latitude. We already had an 06 Liberty Renegade and an 08 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. We have only jeeps now. The wife said she'd never drive the Suburban and she never did! She loved the 06 Renegade so much we decided to get another Liberty.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought it completely stock sport for my first car at 16. Spent every penny on either gas or mods. Only thing left on the to-do list are MOABs, re-gear and steel bumper. But by that time the list will have multiplied :D

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got tired of looking like a soccer mom in my chevy venture mini van, so, now i look like a soccer dad in the lib. also sold my 73 gmc stepside 4x4 with 34" tires to afford to go on first camping trip in it

Latest posts

Members online