What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got tired of looking like a soccer mom in my chevy venture mini van, so, now i look like a soccer dad in the lib. also sold my 73 gmc stepside 4x4 with 34" tires to afford to go on first camping trip in it

LMAO...

I got rid of a Pontiac Montana, basically the same van...

jeepskate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 1997 Chevy Malibu. Biggest piece of junk I've ever owned. I still had two payments left on it but I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Everything that could go wrong with that car did. The KJ is now approaching 200,000 miles. It's been great.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded in my 2000 Ford Focus Kona Edition ZX3. I miss that car on nice days when I'm on a nice, twisty paved road. Soooo much fun was had with the way it was set up.

dmanisgnarly

Reaction score
2001 Imported Jetta, 1.8 Liter Turbo- full of goodies and customization. Dreaded selling it but my eurotuner was a pain in the a$$. Turbo's can be a good thing but i found theyre better suited on a diesel for my needs. Love my new jeep and proud to carry on my familys jeep tradition. :)

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumped my '03 Ford Focus ZX5 SVT cause I wanted to get a 4x4 again. Fun car, hugged the road and had nice step to it, but just got too many looks from the cops, and I wasn't looking forward to driving it in the winter.

Found a decent deal on my '04 Liberty w/57K miles. Was a one owner lease return, and was really clean and in good shape. Hoping it keeps me happy for a few years!

TommyT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2001 Chevy Blazer LT w/150k on it. Wasn't a bad truck but things were starting to wear out and rust. Still got 3200 for it.

kskj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a 96 Volvo that I bought wrecked. Rebuilt it and my wife drove it for a couple of years. She wrecked it two more times and I got tired of putting it back together. The last time she took out a fire hydrant, ripped out the suspension. So we bought the Kj and have had it for four years now. And so far she has done really well and has not had any accidents:D.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Fords!

(yeahthat)
Came from an 05 f150 with approx. 45k miles. Lowered it a couple inches front, few rear, intake, exhaust, tune (troyer performance), open diff, 2wd, and a kickass antenna ball from disneyland that fell off the KJ :(

As heavy as the pickup was, it wasn't too slow with the mods (faster than a late model fireturd with intake, exhaust, cam, tune, and custom exhaust leak).

Last year I sold my baby (04 GSXR 600 hindle race header, blue flame can, power commander, a lot of attention to detail with the body, and typical stuff like frame sliders and double bubble) for my ladies engagement ring and for money for the wedding in a few months. Selling her had nothing to do with the fact I was starting to get stupid on empty roads:D

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in my '00 Mercury Grand Marquis. It was a great car, and I miss it horribly, but for some reason I decided I NEEDED 4 wheel drive. Now I can get to all the places that I have wanted to go, but cannot afford the gas to get there:( :D

drfd74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 for 1 trade

This is a good one:
We traded for our 07 KJ sport w/ 36,000 mi. with (1) 82 VW Jetta diesel w/ 300,000+ mi. on odo. (2) 84 Chevy K20 pickup diesel w/ 100,000+ mi (both vechs. purch. new) and (3) 05 Keystone travel trailer .....Package deal
We also got new tires (BS A/T Dueler A/T Revo 2's) & an extended warranty
also. The good thing about it is, were selling our place & had 4 vechs. + the RV so we had to start trimin the fat.
So now were down to our KJ & TJ "A 2 JEEP Family" and we hope to relocate to Colorado by this spring or summer if all goes well.
drfd74