What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my '94 Nissan Sentra SE (with the SE standing for Sport Edition, which clearly is Nissan making some kind of wry joke) with my Renegade.

Interesting story, was leaving my house on the way to work last winter and i stopped at the red light at the end of my road. I was second in line at the light behind a Ford F150 pick-up...now this guy was pretty much in the middle of the intersection for whatever reason (my reasoning is that hes a FREAKIN MORON) while the light was red. So along come a garbage truck trying to make a left turn onto the street we are curently waiting on. SO the guy in front of me, in his infinite wisdom, pops his truck into reverse to make room for the BIG truck and doesnt see me behind him. So so a split second his rear bumper is on top of my hood and inches away from my windshield owned.gif . Needless to say I was royalled pissed off at the driver but it ended up working out for me in the end.

I got $2,500 for my sentra which had a bluebook value of about $500 and was able to put that towards my downpayment for my new Jeep.

....a year has gone by since then and I couldn't be happier that this A-hole ran me over. Otherwise i woulda never gotten a Jeep, or came across this wonderful forum..

...ps I just payed off the last of my car loans, Black Betty is all mine!!

radioles

Reaction score
Sold a Cherokee Sport at 202k!

I had my Sport 4 wd/2 dr for 12 years, since it was new, and almost cried when I sold it-but it was time..now happy with my '04 Liberty Sport...can't wait to start modding it-new to the forum and love reading what everyone else is doing to KJ's of all kinds.
You must be registered for see images

03renegadeX

Reaction score
I'm on my second kj. I had an 03 renegade, but it got totaled when someone ran a stop sign and hit me. So yesterday I got an 05 renegade with only 7000 miles on it. \:D/

cbizzarri

Reaction score
I traded an 04 Liberty Limited edition for my current 06 Liberty Renegade

1st Jeep

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

*1st time posting.*

I traded in my 1998 VW New Beetle for 2003 Jeep KJ Rocky Mountain Edition.

Had to part with the Bug. Got stuck in the snow countless time.

Nik

Reaction score
For my 2006 Limited I traded my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT, which I got in early '04 when they first came out, and for that I had traded my totaled 2004 Liberty Limited which had a bad run in with the middle concrete highway barrier and then with the outside guardrail during a winter chain reaction wreck. Really missed the Jeep which is why I got rid of the Legacy after only 2 years.

Nik

redhotpepper

Reaction score
I'm going to sell it but I have a total old lady 2002 Oldsmobuick Century. It did it's duty.

I drove off the lot today with a silver '06 Sport CRD with 13 miles on it!

We are going to make biodiesel and our passenger car choices were a VW or a Jeep. I previously owned a '92 Cherokee and LOVED it. My hubby, on the other hand, didn't really fit in it. I'm so glad that the Liberty has a taller roof.

Loving being a Jeep owner again!!!

Annie

rotaryno_more

Reaction score
Hello everyone. As my name implies , I sold,(well currently selling) my 04 Mazda RX8 for a 2005 CRD sport with 5k on the odo. Picked her up yesterday and couldn't be more happy with her. It was the hardest thing giving up an amazing sports car, but I can't do half the things that I'll be able to do in a Jeep. Most importantly the wife is happy with the change and as you married folks will understand, "if mama aint' happy, no one is". O:)

scarecrow

Reaction score
ALthough it hurt to do this.....it has paid off in the long run!

1986 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe
Red with red leather interior.

nehope

Reaction score
rotaryno_more said:
Hello everyone. As my name implies , I sold,(well currently selling) my 04 Mazda RX8 for a 2005 CRD sport with 5k on the odo. Picked her up yesterday and couldn't be more happy with her. It was the hardest thing giving up an amazing sports car, but I can't do half the things that I'll be able to do in a Jeep. Most importantly the wife is happy with the change and as you married folks will understand, "if mama aint' happy, no one is". O:)

I was in pretty much the same boat - I traded an '05 PT Cruiser GT Convertibe. I loved my little rocket, but it just couldn't do everything I needed - hauling dogs and clearing out my house to sell. In the two weeks I've had my '06 Liberty, I have not regreted the decision once - and my dogs love have the whole back to "roam" in instead of fighting over the single front seat.

MikeD0106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded in my 1994 Chevy Z71 for the KJ. ****** was starting to go and I wanted a vehicle with a warranty and that new car smell. (biggrin)

jalanson

Reaction score
I traded my 1996 Range Rover. It was a great car--- had over 200k but it got to bo so expensive to drive and maintain. The Jeep is a better choice!

RyanLiberty

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I traded a 2001 Mustang GT for our 2004 Liberty Sport. It's pretty much basic, but it's a perfect vehicle for our growing family and ski trips to NH.

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gonna be tading in my SRT-4 neon for a 06' CRD/ I hope i enjoy every minute of having extra room to carry all my stuff for work ohh and to be able to tow something if need be.

longarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my 04 Explorer Sporttrac 4x4. I am still miffed about that. The wife made me do it as she wanted something with more interior cargo room. I have never ridden in a more comfortable vehicle, the seats were the best. It was the Adrenalin model, souped up, chromed out, and had a 2.5 inch lift.