What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dicnic

Reaction score
Traded an '02 Honda Odyssey. Absolutely nuttin' wrong with the Odyssey, just wanted a Libby to drag behind my MotorHome. Needed the 4WD transfer case with its N position, and the AT so wife can drive.

Tiger2k

Reaction score
What I Traded......

Traded in my 03 Durango R/T for my new 02 Libby Limited... Took a loss on the deal on the trade value etc. But really like my new Jeep... Better mileage, higher clearance, and better looking !!

You must be registered for see images attach
[/img]

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: What I Traded......

Tiger2k said:
Traded in my 03 Durango R/T for my new 02 Libby Limited... Took a loss on the deal on the trade value etc. But really like my new Jeep... Better mileage, higher clearance, and better looking !!

I see that you are in Zionsvlle? Indiana? Me to (or west of anyway). Nice KJ and welcome. =D>

Tiger2k

Reaction score
Z=Ville

Yep, good old Z-Ville...Ain't what it used to be.... It has gotten so big and crowed in the last few years.... So sad that secret got out... Ya know? Where in Z-Ville do you hail from? I'm west a bit in Royal Run. Just before you get to I-65 on 334... I'm thinking I've seen you and your KJ running around... There aren't a whole lot these in Z-Ville..... yet !!! Thanks for the welcome.. Hope to see you around town and perhaps meet up sometime...

Tony

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Z=Ville

Tiger2k said:
Yep, good old Z-Ville...Ain't what it used to be.... It has gotten so big and crowed in the last few years.... So sad that secret got out... Ya know? Where in Z-Ville do you hail from? I'm west a bit in Royal Run. Just before you get to I-65 on 334... I'm thinking I've seen you and your KJ running around... There aren't a whole lot these in Z-Ville..... yet !!! Thanks for the welcome.. Hope to see you around town and perhaps meet up sometime...

Tony

I'm in Royal Run... (I hate to admit). I'm sure it's grown to those that are native. The wife and I are from Colorado... out here for her job.

The KJ is my wife's ride for work... I get to drive it on nights and weekends. I'll watch for your KJ.
(Cheers)

NYC-Sales

Reaction score
Just got my first 2004 Limited - love it so far - sort of gave away my old behemoth 1990 Suburban and despite the difference in space (that car was more like an extra storage room for us) we love the ride in the Liberty so far! O:)

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i traded a 2000 izusu rodeo (with 47000 miles) which was the worst reliable car i have ever owned. in 47000 miles we replaced egr valve, 3 sets of intake gaskets,nuetral safety switch, starter, fuel pump and sender, and 2 coil packs.
glad to be here with my new 06 kj!

Brigrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in a nicely equiped 2004 Mazda B4000!

Auburn ECTED Diff

265 75 16 MTR's

Westin Bull Bar

Set of PIAA's on the bar

FACTORY Raised suspension

It was a great rig, the 4.0 had good power. For those who don't know, the B4000 is the Mazda branded Ranger. Its only problems were the fact that it did not have a backseat...just the jumpers, and the Manual Transmission in the Rangers had problems loosing their slave cylinders.

The combination of having a new baby, and loosing my slave made me trade it in. I really needed a back seat, but I didn't want to sacrifice off-road capability too much, so the Liberty was my choice.

nolakj

Reaction score
That %*@ch Katrina drowned my Cougar. It was a black 1990 Mercury Cougar XR7. Supercharged, leather, eclipse sound. I miss it but I LOVE my KJ.

DannyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
traded in my o1 celica gts with about 4grand into it. and sold my c2 power turbo kit to a buddy of mine with the same car.. i miss the car but i dont miss buying winter cars and fixing them all the time I get in my jeep turn the key and i go where i wanna go. railroad tracks, pot holes.. its nice not having my back and neck jolted everytime i go over them O:)

dalefranzen

Reaction score
I traded my 3.7 for a CRD!!

Boy what a trade that was. I am absolutely sure that I ended up on the better side of that deal.
Not quite a 1000 miles, took a short 2 hour trip and got 25.5 MPG. Can you say "Woo Hoo"!!

SS-Virus

Reaction score
I sold my 2003 Porsche 911 and bought 2 cars:
1- 2004 Black Chevrolet Lumina SS V8 (Holden Commodore) "NEW".
2- 1998 Blue Jeep Cherokee Sport. (Sold to brother) "USED".
No I've 2003 Black KJ Freedom Edition. "USED".

I like the KJ more than XJ. "Personal Opinion". =D>

AnthologyCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plans for another vehicle already

Fellas,

As you know, I just bought my '03 Limited with looooow miles, and got a great deal.

I never buy "new" vehicles ....... let somebody else take all that depreciation hit.

Right now, I'm already plannin' on buying an '07 Limited in 2 years!

I don't like the way that the Nitro/KK looks. And, I don't like the fact that it's not a JEEP through & through!

The Liberty was built from the ground up to be a Jeep

paguy1

Reaction score
Traded a Grand Cherokee for my Liberty coz it has more HP and I tow a 10 ft. utility trailer.

Latest posts

Members online