What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duelly

Reaction score
traded my 2003 dodge ram QC 4x4 hemi on 20" wheels for a 2005 jeep liberty limited crd miss my truck but the jeep is a blast to drive with the diesel and i still have a 2003 chev express 2500 that i drive daily for work so it helps me with the loss of my ram but the price of gas is too much and what i save on gas going from the ram to the liberty i can put that into my boat (seadoo challenger 2000 jetboat) can't wait to get my hitch so i can see how well the diesel tows (libdarkk)

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kept the '94 Saab. Even at 250k, it still looks and runs great. We just don't take it anywhere now that we have the KJ, but I can't part with it.

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Mini Cooper S... 170bhp on run flats in the snow

....enough reason to justify a 4x4 anyway!! MPG ain't much different

The KJ is my 28th car....and the best yet!!

Wife still has a Mini Convertible....it fits in the trunk nicely!!

You must be registered for see images

Less liable to get SCAMERA attacks!!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Sorry guys... didn't trade anything. My first vehicle, hehe. \:D/

My sister didn't trade in her '93 Plymouth Colt GL.... it's still in the garage. She has no plans to sell it either.

Derek Mc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded an 02 Grand for ours, Wish I had driven the KJ before as it is much more fun. We have many miles of forest trails around us and I ache to get out and "explore" in the new baby.
Its our third Jeep and first brand new car since August 1987 rest have been company bought or restorations cars (biggringift)

garp

Reaction score
2004 Wrangler X, fairly basic but it did come with the Factory Optional "DeathWobble" which is what drove me to trade the thing in. Hitting a bump at freeway speed was always an adventure!

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine after my trusty 1997 green wrangler got totaled in an accident in 2004. Being in the wrangler saved my life (would have been killed if I was in something like a civic) but I bought the liberty because I wanted a bigger jeep with additional safety features.... it was the most affordable "tank" I could find. I'm still enjoying it \:D/

falnanglnc

Reaction score
Traded a piece of junk Hyundai Tuscon that was a 10 month headache. Now i'm loving life in my new 2005 Liberty Limited.

Yeehaw!!

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a 92 pontiac bonneville granny car...dont laugh...it was gold and looked awesome (bling)...the problem was it was getting a little old (had 120k+ miles) and started breaking down...i miss my bonnie. Now i love my libby!!! \:D/ and it rocks!! wooooo

Old Navy

Reaction score
Traded in '02 VW Jetta TDI (diesel) for CRD Sport. After 5 years without a Jeep the other half wanted something that she would sit higher in, and finally someone finally came out with a small diesel in a SUV.

She's happy, so I'm happy. O:)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I traded in my SOUL for SIXTY MONTHS!

...I'm looking forward to burning this little book the bank gave me, and i've yet to make one payment:p

kolesy

Reaction score
I traded in a '96 honda passport ex. It treat me pretty good on the trails. It surprised the hell outta me thats for sure. the four low gearing on that was insane. i had some MTR's on er and it went basically anywhere I could fit it. I just got tired of payin out the butt for dealer only parts that kept goin out. Needless to say i was drawn in by the unique styling and all around off-road capablitites of the kj! My buddy's gave me some crap about wanting one saying they were a chic jeep but i knew better and bought my fiorst brand new '05 KJ sport on saturday and for some strange reason i cant seem to wipe the smile off my face for at least three hours after getting outta the drivers seat every time!!!!

I'M HOOKED!!!

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
kolesy said:
I traded in a '96 honda passport ex. It treat me pretty good on the trails. It surprised the hell outta me thats for sure. the four low gearing on that was insane. i had some MTR's on er and it went basically anywhere I could fit it. I just got tired of payin out the butt for dealer only parts that kept goin out. Needless to say i was drawn in by the unique styling and all around off-road capablitites of the kj! My buddy's gave me some crap about wanting one saying they were a chic jeep but i knew better and bought my fiorst brand new '05 KJ sport on saturday and for some strange reason i cant seem to wipe the smile off my face for at least three hours after getting outta the drivers seat every time!!!!

I'M HOOKED!!!

The passport is a great 4x4. Actually is an Isuzu Rodeo in drag.

2003KJ

Reaction score
seems that alot of us are coming from Fords......could that indicate something?...LOL

Rucky

Reaction score
Got rid of a 99 Volvo V40, Great car. Put 156k miles on it in 3yrs and only thing that got changed was the cam belt and tyres.

Volvos are a great motorway car and i'd have one again tomorrow but defo not instead of the KJ

richmbailey

Reaction score
Traded in a 2002 F-150. I loved the truck but I was dumb to buy a 2x4 instead of 4x4 and I got sick and tired of spinning wheels in rain and snow. If I put enough weight in the back it was fine though - just a pain in the a$$.

I've always liked Jeeps and didn't want the Wrangler so I went with the Liberty for practical and fun reasons... kopkrab.gif