What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDGecko

Reaction score
It was a sad day... Traded in my 2000 TJ

I traded in my 2000 Red Wrangler, the one I loved for 6 1/2 years. This may sound silly but I loved my Jeep. I even shed a tear when she was left at the dealership. Something my girlfriend doesn't quite get. "It's just a car", {sigh}. 116000 miles and was still asking for more but with some mechanical issues on the horizon. I saw $$$$'s for repairs in my future.

I decided that it was time to move on to something more practical, something with "storage" and 4 doors. We could never take the Jeep out too often since my girly has a little one. All three of us could never go shopping or go on trips. It was a tought decision but I am OK with it. Driving in my new Liberty is as close to driving the Wrangler I think you can get. Nice firm and solid ride... I like it.

I look forward to reading & learning from this forum and hope I can contribute as well.

Thanks all!

JD

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership only wanted to give me $1500 for my 94 Explorer so I kept it and sold it myself.

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in my 02 lexus is300 for my liberty. The salesman at the jeep dealer thought i was nuts. He was like you want to go from a lexus to a used jeep :-k I told him i needed to lower my monthly expenses since i was buying a place. The only thing i miss is the heated seats and the handling. My payments dropped a $100 a month and insurance was cut in half. Oh yeah and i used to get lots of compliments from the ladies with the lexus, guess they thought i was rich [-X . My dog likes the jeep better to since i'm not yelling at her about slobbering on the leather

Emydol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my 2005 chevy cobalt SS/SC to carmax and took the money they gave me and used it as a down payment on the KJ. Greatest decision i have ever made.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 Ford Ranger 4x4, loved it, awesome off road, but needed room for more than 2 people. No regrets, but I miss every vehicle I get rid of!

You must be registered for see images

gunflint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's Ford Ranger. That little truck earned our respect as far as "go in the snow" but was a 3.0 and was fairly gutless.

Druhlman

Reaction score
What I Traded

I traded in my 96 buick (my First car) for my KJ, and needless to say its a hell of a lot better! And I dont think its possible to get this beast stuck in the snow!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Silver Liberty Sport 4x4

Havoline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded a 2001 Ford Taurus for a 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo.
Traded the Grand Cherokee for a 2005 Liberty Limited CRD.
Traded the Liberty CRD for a 2007 Liberty Limited 3.7 V6.

Third time's charm! \:D/

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me it was our 2001 Chevy Tracker. Base model and 2wd so we took a step up. Got a good deal on the KJ, though, so it was well worth it.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I certainly think you deserve a smack for trading the Avenger, but at least you kept it Mopar. It's Mopar or Nocar in this house. Four strong in the garage right now and just donated a fifth one.

Gatorator

Reaction score
I sold my '97 Explorer that I wrecked in a wonderful exhibition of driving skill while saving the life of a herd of Deer in the Canadian bush.

You must be registered for see images

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We traded in our '03 PT Loser for our KJ last week. This week, I traded in my 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero with sunroof, cold weather package, Uber-Stereo, 6._0-60 time, .93 roadholding index, and 15 degree approach angle :-({|= :-({|= for a JK Rubicon. Actually, I sold my Saab to a used car dealer since nobody wanted it with 2 accidents and 51k on the odometer. I'd been trying to sell her off for about 2 and a half months to finance the JK, not driving it much, keeping her clean in the driveway, etc. I was fully prepared to sell Lady Viggen, but I still shed a few tears on the way home from the used dealer. It was a hell of a nice car, but I really enjoy having a warranty on my cars. I'm picking my JK Rubi up tomorrow, so hopefully that will ease some of the pain. Rubi is going to be my family's 8th jeep, 10th DCX vehicle, and they've all come from the same dealer. Boy do they love us!

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing, finished paying off a couple of things, I guess we just like being in debt? ](*,)

Kenny63

Reaction score
My 1979 J-20 Jeep pickup finally gave up the ghost and had to be "retired" and is now parked behind the barn on our family's farm. After 26 years of hauling everything you could imagine on a dairy farm, 244,386 miles, 2 enging rebuilds, 1 Jasper transmission, 1 junkyard transfer case and an assortment of other parts (and I think my wife was terrified that one of our kids was gonna fall thru the rusty floorboards). I purchased a 2003 Liberty Limited...Now I really like the new Liberty, but if I could wave a magic wand and bring the truck back from the dead, we would not be having this discussion.

Latest posts

Members online