What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

What did you sell or trade to get your KJ?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65thkj

Reaction score
I traded in my 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4. It was a really good truck and great off road. but it was a regular cab so I could only fit 2 people. Also it was stick shift w/ no power windows or doors so my liberty is like a luxury SUV compared.
This is my second Jeep. I had a 1994 Grand Cherokee w/ the rare 5speed manual that I sold about 5 years ago.

sillbeer

Reaction score
I sold my modded Porsche 951 turbo so that I could buy a few things for my new house. Some of that money also went towards the deposit on my 2002 Renegade.

-Destin

wermser

Reaction score
supercharged mazda millenia... fast and fun, but like a good woman you want one to get you through the tuff stuff so the kj was a great move.

jamesdezy

Reaction score
Traded in my 03 mazdaspeed protege .
Super quick car awsome handling . ill miss it but not for long
love my kj limited

Transporter

Reaction score
A 99 WJ Laredo for an 06 Limited.

You must be registered for see images attach

My wife needed a new ride (01 Santa Fe POS) and I found her an 03 WJ.
All the bells and whistles she wanted, and got rid of the POS in the process. The deal was good and the dealership worked well for us, so a week later I went down just for Ss&Gs, and 3 hours later I had my KJ. Been thrilled ever since. \:D/

N / A

Reaction score
2001 VW GTI 1.8T with a bunch of stuff done to it...was fast....

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1998 Dakota Sport 3.9l, a/t Had it since new in late 97, 180,000+ miles, never a single major problem, minus the water pump losing a seal. Intake/dumped Flow40/UDP/TB

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded my 05' 2wd Renegade for an 06' 4wd Sport. Living in New Mexico and spending alot of time in Co., Az., and Ut., I felt the need for four wheel drive. So far so good! \:D/

fdems

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded in 2001 Ford ZX2 for my 1st Jeep, a 2007 Red KJ Sport w/ Sunroof. I'll miss the ZX2 but not for long...I love my new KJ!!
(libsalsared)

cameraflage

Reaction score
East of Cleveland, Ohio, along the Amish Frontier
I traded a 2003 Saturn SC-1 and a boatload of cash to buy my Liberty (ok, technically its not "my" Liberty, since my wife is also on the title, but I'm the one who drives it 90% of the time...she drives a Sabubaru.) The Saturn zipped around pretty good, considering it had a 4-squirrel treadmill, but alas, it wasnt a Jeep.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in a '06 Base 2wd Suzuki Grand Vitara with 24k on the meter. Bought a used '06 4wd Sport (new tires, wheels and skids ordered today). I should have bought the Liberty last year instead of the GV.

You must be registered for see images

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,

One day I checked the oil on our 1994 Dodge Colt and it was down two liters! I asked my wife (who is the primary operator) if she had checked the oil lately and she replied that she added two liters that morning!
At first I thought I was on glue and mis-read the dip stick...But alas, it was down two liters.
I maneuvered my wrecked body under the car and noticed that the whole under-side of the engine and sub-frame was soaked with oil.

Phoned my parents and asked if they could tag along so if we break down
on route to a garage, we would have a ride home at least.
We took it to a couple of service centers to get a quote for the repair.
Blown seal between engine and transmision...$2800.00 to $3200.00 labour to replace a $9.00 part!
I think not.
The car has 296000 Km on the clock (183926 miles) and has exceeded it's economic service life.

For the next 5 days my mother plays taxi for my wife and brings her to work and home, takes us shopping, etc.
December 1st. My Ma calls and said here,Pa wants to talk to you(all in Dutch of course) We'll be there in a bit... Be ready to go!

Twenty minutes later and Ma and Pa show up. We get in the car and I ask;
What's up?
You and Jen are going car shopping, and we are the financiers.
"Seeing that you are on a disability pension, your ma and I figure that your bank wouldn't approve a car loan for you. Besides, the interest rates are too high right now any way"

So after searching a half a dozen DC dealers and various other car sales outfits and test driving a few...

December 2nd.

Proud new owner of our 2004 Liberty Sport 3.7ltr. 4X4!

And to think that I almost went for a Ford/Mazda Escape/Tribute!
No handle to operate the transfer case, just a push button!
Hmmm. What would that cost to replace?

Sorry this was so long winded!

Cheers

Ryan & Jennifer \:D/

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. You won't be finding oil soaking up the suspension unless you bought yourself a CRD and do not cover the oil filter with skid protection................. UH never mind.

CONGRATS!!!

paullgj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honda CRV for Limitd 2wd

My wife traded in a 1997 Honda CRV for a 2007 Limited 2wd. Quite simply, it is the difference between aluminum foil and stamped steel. I like her Liberty so much that I'm thinking of trading my Chevy 4 x 4 SWB on a 2007 Liberty 6 spd 4 x4

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Congrats on the purchase. You won't be finding oil soaking up the suspension unless you bought yourself a CRD and do not cover the oil filter with skid protection................. UH never mind.

CONGRATS!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/

Latest posts

Members online