What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really the only suspension part i'm having issues with, are the JBA uppers. the bushings are pushing out.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i'm pulling my hair out here.
can't reprogram an 07 to a corrected tire size, using my Autel MS906 Pro. (I'll bitch at them soon enough.)
Do I need someone with a DRBIII, or a StarScan to get in there and change things?
I'm seeing notes for either.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i'm pulling my hair out here.
can't reprogram an 07 to a corrected tire size, using my Autel MS906 Pro. (I'll bitch at them soon enough.)
Do I need someone with a DRBIII, or a StarScan to get in there and change things?
I'm seeing notes for either.
I was told at the dealership that the computer was locked and couldnt be changed. But i hope they were wrong.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was told at the dealership that the computer was locked and couldnt be changed. But i hope they were wrong.
This sounds similar to the 08-11 Liberty using the Hypertech Max Energy tuner. The software initially had this option but it didn't work and messed up the traction control. After a short while, Hypertech removed the tire size option from their device menu. I wonder if Sota's 07 is basically the same as my 08 as far as the computer is concerned, since 07 was a transition year.

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Recent work done on the 04 KJ
Dorman overflow tank
Mevotech upper control arm on passenger side
Mopar gas cap ($5 off marketplace)
I noticed this tear on pcv hose, any part number i can use to get a replacement

Attachments

• IMG_2860.jpeg
    IMG_2860.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2857.jpeg
    IMG_2857.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 9

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd hate to miss out on complaining about dealerships and programming, so here goes:

Nine years ago my Jeep was broken into and the steering column destroyed. $2,000 of stuff needed to be replaced. Ever since my fog light switch does nothing and every 10 minutes the TPMS light flashes for 60 seconds. I have been to several dealers in an attempt to get this fixed. I think the TPMS could just be turned off (my Jeep NEVER had it to begin with). They act like I am speaking Klingon when I try to explain this to them. One of them even argued with me and told me that what I wanted him to do was illegal. I made him look up the date the law took effect and also the date on my build sheet (which preceded the law) at which point he went from being belligerent to being just plain dumb.

Speaking of dates on build sheets, mine was 9/19/2006. Happy 17th Birthday! She'll be old enough to vote next year!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
with the PIN code I can turn the TPMS on or off.
I looked up the device you mentioned and it looks like it runs about $1,600. Any advice on finding a local garage that would do this for me?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked up the device you mentioned and it looks like it runs about $1,600. Any advice on finding a local garage that would do this for me?
you could just call around. some of your better independent shops probably can get the PIN code as well as do the task.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
And she’s done! :cool:

You must be registered for see images attach

Adjust a struts are dialed in at 3.5 inches of lift (21.5 inches from wheel center to fender flare on the KK).

I have an alignment scheduled for Friday morning. I took a shot at DIY-ing a temporary alignment so I could drive it to the shop, and it really isn’t that bad, LOL. I drove it around the neighborhood to work the kinks out, and had to fix the lift height after it settled. Then I got it up to 55 mph on a country road and it does well. It will drive even better after Friday’s alignment but there are no weird noises or shimmies in the suspension, which I think is a big win.

gvaldez

Reaction score

Adjust a struts are dialed in at 3.5 inches of lift (21.5 inches from wheel center to fender flare on the KK).

I have an alignment scheduled for Friday morning. I took a shot at DIY-ing a temporary alignment so I could drive it to the shop, and it really isn’t that bad, LOL. I drove it around the neighborhood to work the kinks out, and had to fix the lift height after it settled. Then I got it up to 55 mph on a country road and it does well. It will drive even better after Friday’s alignment but there are no weird noises or shimmies in the suspension, which I think is a big win.
This looks amazing. Great job, lfhoward.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Looking nice and red! :)