What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Totally understand. It jumped into your cart. Happens to me all the time.

Are there any gears or lockers behind that cover yet?
Not yet. I'd like to but am not sure how to proceed. I think the days of finding a model with the right gearing and doing an axle swap are mostly behind us now.

Of course, I thought finding armor that wasn't beat to crap at this point would be difficult but then a good friend lent a hand... ;)

(When is your next trip through the Buckeye state?) :D

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, and today I took the roof rack off and assembled its replacement. Need a couple new u-bolts to get the new one mounted. We need rain and it is (finally!) expected tomorrow, but hopefully gets here later in the day so I can finish this off in the sunshine.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not yet. I'd like to but am not sure how to proceed. I think the days of finding a model with the right gearing and doing an axle swap are mostly behind us now.

Of course, I thought finding armor that wasn't beat to crap at this point would be difficult but then a good friend lent a hand... ;)

(When is your next trip through the Buckeye state?) :D
Tuesday actually! I’ll be in southern Michigan for about 4 weeks.

I did a quick search on car-part.com and found about 5 front diffs with 4.10’s in Buffalo and 2 in Columbus. Search for “carrier assembly” for a 2005, which I think was the last year for the 4 cylinder. Another search for “axle assembly (rear)” also brings up a lot of 4.10 options in Buffalo & Columbus, probably from the very same vehicles. They’re out there, just not in Cleveland. ;) A couple of hours drive with a U-Haul open trailer and bring a buddy and some tools… I wouldn’t want you to lift a rear axle by yourself!

Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove around 4 hours to get mine. I think the 4 cylinder models must have sold well in some areas but not at all in others.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and today I took the roof rack off and assembled its replacement. Need a couple new u-bolts to get the new one mounted. We need rain and it is (finally!) expected tomorrow, but hopefully gets here later in the day so I can finish this off in the sunshine.
I’m interested in seeing this! I’ll post mine, and we can compare notes.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I suspect these

TOYO OPEN COUNTRY A/T III LT225/75R16 115/112Q E/10 TL

are not being produced anymore. Took forever to find replacements. I only need one but ordered a full set. Thankfully they start to arrive tomorrow. Is sad, this version of the AT3 has treated me extremely well. If in fact they are discontinued, I dread having to switch to the less durable version or a different brand. As I look back over the last two years with this set, I am amazed at the service they provided: tank-like off road and quiet on.

Determined the delamination was in fact due to age, mileage and sharp rocks- is a definitive cut through the rubber down to the belt at the leading edge of the strip. A side slide on an exposed facies of Graneros Shale is likely the culprit. is like a stack of razorblades, that member.

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all! been a while since I've posted, but I got logged out and couldn't find a way to get logged back in. With that cared for, old girl has got some work done. New front ball joints, upper control arms, and front hubs with wheel speed sensors all from Mevotech. I debated about getting the JBA arms, but didn't have the money for them right now; got the mevotech TTX arms and they are a dream! larger ball joint and bushings, with a higher range of motion than the stock arms; also cost about half as much as the jba's. have new inner and outer tie rods plus sway bar links ready to be installed, just waiting for some time and weather to do it in. Also, I finally have my first mil/cel; 1267 on the CRD is a #4 glow plug circuit. not a big deal right now since its summertime in Oklahoma, but I don't want to let it sit. I found a glow plug kit on ID parts with four glow plugs plus a new harness, on sale right now for $119.99. does this sound right? they're 5v steel plugs instead of the factory 7v ceramics; I've heard that it doesn't matter and that they'll work fine from some folks, but others say that they don't work as well. Any opinions?

Reaction score
Dealing with a new set of KJ questions today...

1) What is the proper idle RPM at startup for the 2005 3.7l? Is 1,300 at startup and still sitting idle too high? After a few seconds it then settles at 1,000 while transmission is still in Park. Once in Drive but still idle, RPMs go to about 800. Engine is running really rough at idle for the first few seconds with vibration throughout the vehicle body, then it smoothes out. No drivability issues after that. No codes. Causes?

2) Trying to decide if the A/C compressor and/or clutch is on it's last leg... The A/C is cooling just fine, even in our current 100 deg. heat. Air coming out of the dash vents at max. A/c setting is reading 30 degrees F. But the clutch seems to have a slight wobble, causing the belt tensioner to also move a little when the A/c is turned on (without A/c on there is no movement at all). Is this normal? And the A/c cycles less than it used to. Stays on nearly all the time when it's turned "on". The gauge on the recharge bottle indicated proper refrigerant level (not very accurate but that's all I have) The radiator fan comes on every few seconds for a few seconds when A/c is on and vehicle is at idle. Coolant level is good, engine never overheats, temp gauge is always just shy of vertical. The entire A/c system is the original one, from 2005. Belt tensioner was replaced about 20,000 miles ago.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My blinkers decided to inject some spontaneity and creativity into their blinking today. Right, left, right! No wait, hesitate!

I ordered a used Mopar multifunction switch from Ebay that should arrive in a few days. I find that used OEM almost always lasts longer than new aftermarket. The current one went 209,000 miles.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced the roof rack. The old one had rusted out in places. It gave me ten good years and I am not complaining.

You must be registered for see images attach

I snapped a few pictures of the Jeep with no roof rack, as I will probably not see that again for another ten years:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the old one and the new one to compare. Same length and width, but the new one is only 4" tall as opposed to 6" for the old one:

Members online

No members online now.