What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
And here it is on the Jeep. Still need to hook up the wiring for the work lights on the back:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
And this arrived today. If you look close, there is a fill hole AND a drain hole. The drain hole plug has a magnetic rod to catch floating metal flakes. I also have a new Lubelocker gasket which I should no longer have to replace as I won't need to pop the cover to drain the old gear oil.

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That rack looks great! Why is it that the Liberty look so much better with the rack on it?
That diff cover will look terrific after you install it; I put one on my kj a few months back. when I ordered it I was going to order the black cover, but they were out of stock and I needed one in a hurry. Now I'm really glad that I got the red one.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prof, love the new roof rack! I wonder if you will get 1 mpg back with it being lower profile? It definitely looks great, and by the look of the old one, more structurally sound!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
And here it is on the Jeep. Still need to hook up the wiring for the work light on the back:

Man, I love me some rear work lights. I use them far more than the side spots a "bug catcher" on mine.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Prof, love the new roof rack! I wonder if you will get 1 mpg back with it being lower profile? It definitely looks great, and by the look of the old one, more structurally sound!
It is much lighter as well. I am considering taking the fairing off as it does not sit right due to the way the four lights are mounted.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Here are the old one and the new one to compare. Same length and width, but the new one is only 4" tall as opposed to 6" for the old one:

I might have missed it, but what are the details on the new rack? Been looking to replace mine since I mashed it up overloading it with bags of composted manure.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
It is annual maintenance week. Lots of fluids to change and stuff to clean. Plugs, Snorkel/Filter Cleaning, wipers, and "armor" repair.

QUESTION: Anyone know the part number for a Front Diff Lube Locker? All I have found is the Dirty 30 PN...or are they the same?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I might have missed it, but what are the details on the new rack? Been looking to replace mine since I mashed it up overloading it with bags of composted manure.
I went the budget route this time:

The old one was much heavier and sturdier. The new one weighs only 38 pounds, and while I wouldn't say it is flimsy it is not the tank the old one was. I am operating off the theory that since the built-in Jeep side rails have a 150# limit then there is no need to go overboard on the rack itself.

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
^ Make sure it gets taken off in the winter. Got one of those in the garage with several split tubes from freezing water expansion. It’s going out with the scrap iron soon.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is annual maintenance week. Lots of fluids to change and stuff to clean. Plugs, Snorkel/Filter Cleaning, wipers, and "armor" repair.

QUESTION: Anyone know the part number for a Front Diff Lube Locker? All I have found is the Dirty 30 PN...or are they the same?
Nice thing about the front is it has a drain hole. Of course you won't get it as clean, but it's a fair bit of work to pull the cover. To answer your question, I don't know for certain, but would guess it's the same since a dana 30 carrier will fit a our dana 30a.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
^ Make sure it gets taken off in the winter. Got one of those in the garage with several split tubes from freezing water expansion. It’s going out with the scrap iron soon.
Guess it is the old sailor in me- I always seal all the hardware with silicone as I put things together.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I went the budget route this time:

The old one was much heavier and sturdier. The new one weighs only 38 pounds, and while I wouldn't say it is flimsy it is not the tank the old one was. I am operating off the theory that since the built-in Jeep side rails have a 150# limit then there is no need to go overboard on the rack itself.
Nice. That is my kind of price range. Wanna have a contest who can overload it with academic gear to the point of failure first?;)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Apparently NGK discontinued the tried and true copper core plugs in the yellow and red box? Been to 11 parts stores around town and searched online to no avail. Only Advance Auto still has them in the system and is listed as "unavailable". Apparently the scammy "V-power" is it these days? V-Power SKU/PN is the Y+R CC part number.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I've got a new set of NGK's out in my garage waiting to be installed. Guess I'd better have a second look...

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of spark plugs, I had a set on my shelf that I got about 6 months ago. Today I installed those. It had been 30,000 miles since the last time.

Nothing looks suspect, as all 6 old plugs looked identical.

Replaced the engine air filter and the cabin air filters at the same time. If you have cabin air filtration and have never changed the filters, Eeeeewwwwww. This is only 12,000 miles of crud. Many of the pleats are full of dirt 2/3 of the way to the top.

The other Jeep work I did today was to replace the steering stabilizer on my in-laws' 04 WJ.

The new unit on the right is a Mopar unit.

Installed.

Next I need to track down a pesky oil leak and a P0455 engine code (gross emissions leak) for them. I ordered a new gas cap and we will try that first. It's a really clean WJ and I had forgotten how when you step on the skinny pedal of the 4-Liter, you just GO. That Jeep is fun to drive. :cool:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Yet another of my attempts at humor gone wrong. :p

The picture I posted was of my new running boards. If I DID post a picture of the armor and it was a side view of the Jeep how would anyone know?

(I am still hunting down bolts, etc.)

Here are three more of the running boards:

Compare them to the pictures of the roof rack I posted the other day and let me know what you think. :)