What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been super busy the last few days, haven't quite finished my transmission skid plate, but I do have it mounted. I'll be adding some brackets and gussets to make it worthy of carrying my KJ over the trails. I'm still looking to level my Liberty; I've installed the OME Springs and shocks, I believe they were 2927 and 2948. After a few thousand miles I'm at 21.75" in the rear and 20.75" in the front. How high do I have to be to run 245/75/16? And what do I use to lift the front? I can't seem to find the kk clevis/forks conversion; also heard to use conduit nuts? I don't even know what they are, never mind where do I find them?!? :) Anything else that I can use?

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been super busy the last few days, haven't quite finished my transmission skid plate, but I do have it mounted. I'll be adding some brackets and gussets to make it worthy of carrying my KJ over the trails. I'm still looking to level my Liberty; I've installed the OME Springs and shocks, I believe they were 2927 and 2948. After a few thousand miles I'm at 21.75" in the rear and 20.75" in the front. How high do I have to be to run 245/75/16? And what do I use to lift the front? I can't seem to find the kk clevis/forks conversion; also heard to use conduit nuts? I don't even know what they are, never mind where do I find them?!? :) Anything else that I can use?
Any chance of a picture of your skid plate?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
On the front , just loosen clevis bolt, using the end of a 3/8 inch extension, raise that amount and tighten down and done

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Washed and waxed the Wrangler to deny the bugs a grip on the 1300 mile drive home in a couple weeks. Having 4WP remove, clean and grease the spare tire bumper swing arm. It done got fightin’ tight.

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just changed out my PCV/CCV valve, the old one was leaking. Also adjusted the clevis position, does this look right? Also, this is the transmission skid plate mounted underneath the Liberty. Big surprise, I'm sitting at 21.75" at all for corners. Now the big question: Is that enough to run 245/75/16 on stock wheels?!? Another random question, should I get longer sway bar links? If so where from?
You must be registered for see images attach

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The skid plate is 1/8" or 11 gauge steel; I'm also using 1/8" thick 1"x1" angle iron for reinforcement, just haven't gotten that far yet. I'll weld it up this week and I'll take more detailed pictures with it off. I'll also try to upload the template that I made so that ya'll can do it to:)

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The skid plate is 1/8" or 11 gauge steel; I'm also using 1/8" thick 1"x1" angle iron for reinforcement, just haven't gotten that far yet. I'll weld it up this week and I'll take more detailed pictures with it off. I'll also try to upload the template that I made so that ya'll can do it to:)
Thank you! This is the approach I have been thinking of, have some stainless possibly earmarked for the job which already has pressed lightening holes in.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just changed out my PCV/CCV valve, the old one was leaking. Also adjusted the clevis position, does this look right? Also, this is the transmission skid plate mounted underneath the Liberty. Big surprise, I'm sitting at 21.75" at all for corners. Now the big question: Is that enough to run 245/75/16 on stock wheels?!? Another random question, should I get longer sway bar links? If so where from?
No longer sway bar links are needed , I ran over 4.5 inches for way over 100,000 miles with stock length links and no issues at all
Pound over the pinch welds in front and 245-75-16s will be tight but work at 2.75 inches of lift
just be prepared for a little drop in mileage and power
I can almost feel that skid plate bending , at the very least need to add some angle iron front to back and help strengthen it
not near heavy enough to stand up to a rock etc

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the passenger side o2 sensor yesterday, would be soo much easier if I had hands and arms the size of a 6 month old. Received the rear set today. They were discounted, supposed to be new in opened package. True for one, but the other was obviously used, had broken wire insulation and wasn't even ntk brand. If it was anyone reading this happens to be the one who sends old parts back to Amazon and claims they are unused, you are a tool bag! And I hope you have never ending car troubles, as for the rest of you...many happy days!

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I mostly lost my rag with the flippy floppy wing mirror.
Is there a quick and easy bodge to hold it open?

65Corvair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I scored a new old stock Miller Tool 8696CC from eBay. I now have all the receiving cups and driver to remove all bushings from my suspension.

In the future, i plan on posting sizes for all the tools for people to make their own.

Btownpreacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No longer sway bar links are needed , I ran over 4.5 inches for way over 100,000 miles with stock length links and no issues at all
Pound over the pinch welds in front and 245-75-16s will be tight but work at 2.75 inches of lift
just be prepared for a little drop in mileage and power
I can almost feel that skid plate bending , at the very least need to add some angle iron front to back and help strengthen it
not near heavy enough to stand up to a rock etc
Thanks! I'll do that and see how it works.
I've already planned a good bit of reinforcement for the plate, which I started today; I'm hoping to finish it up tomorrow and I'll post final pictures for y'all. I don't really plan to high-center my kj in a rock garden, but I'm dead sure not going to take the risk :)

Latest posts

Members online