JBA strut spacer or clevis spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still awaiting the arrival of my OME springs and shocks but in the mean time I've been debating on what else I'm going to put on the front to help level the Lib out some... As far as it goes, what provides a better ride quality? I was thinking of getting the the .375" clevis spacers for 3/4" or should I go next size up for a full inch? Would it be wise to do the strut spacer on this application? I know the strut spacers are 1/4" thick and if anyone has had experience with them what is the overall lift they provide..?

Maybe I should just buy both? Really hate using spacers on anything but REALLY want a leveled out, if not slightly taller front end. :shrug: A full 1 1/4" extra on the front be too much for the Lib?

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1/4" upper plate will give you 1/2" lift

3/8" clevis spacer will give you 3/4" lift (you dont need the expensive JBA spacer, its just a measurement device) just measure it and set the bolt to spec

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still awaiting the arrival of my OME springs and shocks but in the mean time I've been debating on what else I'm going to put on the front to help level the Lib out some... As far as it goes, what provides a better ride quality? I was thinking of getting the the .375" clevis spacers for 3/4" or should I go next size up for a full inch? Would it be wise to do the strut spacer on this application? I know the strut spacers are 1/4" thick and if anyone has had experience with them what is the overall lift they provide..?

Maybe I should just buy both? Really hate using spacers on anything but REALLY want a leveled out, if not slightly taller front end. :shrug: A full 1 1/4" extra on the front be too much for the Lib?
FIRST
All depends on what height you want. With 3/8 inch clevis and 1/4 inch top plate you will also need the JBA upper control arms, so take that into consideration
If you want level, 1/4 inch top plate in front and one extra upper iso in the rear on each side that will put you in the 3 inch range all around and no need for UCAs

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FIRST
All depends on what height you want. With 3/8 inch clevis and 1/4 inch top plate you will also need the JBA upper control arms, so take that into consideration
If you want level, 1/4 inch top plate in front and one extra upper iso in the rear on each side that will put you in the 3 inch range all around and no need for UCAs

Probably the route I'll go.. I can get the iso's cheap through Oreillys. Top plate is no issue. Don't want the UCAs if I don't need to get 'em. Thanks for the advice. Now my damn springs and shocks need to get in!

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inspect your front upper ball joints when you get a chance. If it is busted, you have an excuse to get a arms :)