What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yea the trailer pretty much boned you. I hate anything with a "ramp" that sticks straight up. open car trailers I do astonishingly well, and v-nose enclosed don't seem to hurt as much as square.
glad to see someone else with a stick who knows how to tow. :D
It sure did! I have a steel trailer with a fold up ramp, but the grates are spaced out a lot more. It pulls very easily.

I actually towed my old XJ on a dolly with my Liberty a few years ago. I got like 14.5mpg out of the deal ‍♂️

Reactions: JRB

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rolled to/from schenectady ny one day, like a 350 miles round trip, to pick up a car. averaged 17mpg. that's jeep, 2200# trailer, 3200# car.

just gotta follow the mantra...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Broke my rear roof rack cross bar by loading up a bit too much lumber. Hauled off about 700lbs of demo materials to the dump. Didn't have long enough carpentry clamps, so used Bert's front bumper to wedge all the birch 2x2s I glued together against the wall of the garage to make a truly magnificent butcher block table top.

The Fortress of Squalitude now has a great room instead of a kitchen/living room/dining room. I figure the new island in the kitchen will be a great place to rebuild VW engines and Jeep stuff...

Red Dog 6436

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unloaded a bunch of boxes for an up-coming move. Also trying to decide where to put my new memento after being ducked last night at work.

Reactions: JRB

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Brutal temperatures on the way. we are expecting a mind numbing 55F temperature drop Thursday (75F high) into Friday (High of maybe 20) with the usual 40mph winds. So I drained my wiper reservoir and refilled it with the cold weather stuff. Had the Odyssey batteries tested too. A year old and still like new.

Ordered a replacement tire- gonna stay with the Toyos as I got two worn out, two still in the OK range, and a spare that is like new.

Also, went on a date in Bert which went well ( creepily, this gal is like a female version of me) though now wifey claims she is going to return with hat in hand.

Wish this relation ship crap was as easy to troubleshoot as a Liberty.

Rasfetch

Reaction score
Got my oil changed and new Kumho AT52s put on. Old tires were 245/70/R16, and I went down to the 235/70/R16 to save a little on gas. Repair shop confirmed that the front control arms need to replaced soon and apparently the brake fluid needs to be changed. I'm adding those to the list of things to do on the liberty, and after their quote of $1,500 of parts for the control arms and $750 for labor, I'm going to just do it myself. I can get the Moog control arms for half the cost of the parts they quoted me....

After my elk hunt over the next 2 weeks, I'll be changing the transfer case fluid, differential fluid, spark plugs, brake fluid, control arms and may also do the front and rear shocks and springs while I'm at it. The fluids and spark plugs will come first, then the suspension.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
(For once I actually did this TODAY and didn't fool around for the better part of a week before getting around to posting.)

This Happened:

You must be registered for see images attach

< stares at floor in shame >

I, uh... actually installed the lights about five years ago. I could never make up my mind on the switches and bought several varieties, none of which looked as good when I test fitted them in the Jeep as they did when I spotted them in the store. So I ended up drilling three holes and using the ones which came with the light wiring kit. And I like them. The first switch controls the front spotlights (middle pair of lights), the second switch controls the front floodlights (outside pair of lights), and the third switch controls the rear work lights. I used to get to use them just a few times a year coming back across the fields after deer hunting but since I can't do that any more this may be the last time they ever get turned on.

And I only blew one fuse doing it! :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brutal temperatures on the way. we are expecting a mind numbing 55F temperature drop Thursday (75F high) into Friday (High of maybe 20) with the usual 40mph winds. So I drained my wiper reservoir and refilled it with the cold weather stuff. Had the Odyssey batteries tested too. A year old and still like new.

Ordered a replacement tire- gonna stay with the Toyos as I got two worn out, two still in the OK range, and a spare that is like new.

Also, went on a date in Bert which went well ( creepily, this gal is like a female version of me) though now wifey claims she is going to return with hat in hand.

Wish this relation ship crap was as easy to troubleshoot as a Liberty.

good luck on the female front. I don't know if I'd want mine back. I mean, we've had several moments where it looked like I was minutes away from grabbing my hat and walking out the door, but gave long and considerable thought to it before doing so, and decided it wasn't quite worth it yet. Luckily things calmed down every time. Only thing the wife is missing is the red hair to go with her irish attitude, to give you an idea of the fireworks we get occasionally. :D

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(For once I actually did this TODAY and didn't fool around for the better part of a week before getting around to posting.)

This Happened:

I, uh... actually installed the lights about five years ago. I could never make up my mind on the switches and bought several varieties, none of which looked as good when I test fitted them in the Jeep as they did when I spotted them in the store. So I ended up drilling three holes and using the ones which came with the light wiring kit. And I like them. The first switch controls the front spotlights (middle pair of lights), the second switch controls the front floodlights (outside pair of lights), and the third switch controls the rear work lights. I used to get to use them just a few times a year coming back across the fields after deer hunting but since I can't do that any more this may be the last time they ever get turned on.

That looks good as h3ll man!

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a package from Amazon with my Moog inner and outer tie rods and I am beyond unhappy with the left side outer

Am I supposed to drill and tap it myself?
When I ordered the passenger side axle stub, it had actually ejected itself from the package at some point in transit. So at least you got the part? :D

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Bought some air fresheners for the jeep, these pine scented ones the store had are huge!

With the price of lumber these days I think it was a good move to have toilet paper handy. Last time I had to buy a few boards I about crapped myself too.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the price of lumber these days I think it was a good move to have toilet paper handy. Last time I had to buy a few boards I about crapped myself too.
You know, that paper towel roll was at the perfect angle and I thought this kind of looks like TP, but let's run it anyway and see how it goes lol!

Looks like poopared for poopourri also.
Poopourri..?
I don't know what the crap you're talking about..

Oh wait..

Maybe I do..

*Poo-pourri is stored in the house, no KJ's were harmed or crapped in the making of this photoshoot.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This Happened:

Well done Prof, looks nice and clean.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a package from Amazon with my Moog inner and outer tie rods and I am beyond unhappy with the left side outer

Am I supposed to drill and tap it myself?
One of the tie rod ends from my Mevotech kit had the threaded hole tapped wrong and cockeyed. Rock Auto took care of it though, no questions asked.

Latest posts

Members online