What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you gotta love how they pack things when you order stuff.I bought out a online dealers whole stock of gas caps(I replace every year) which was 15 of them and there boxes are not big,maybe 4"x4"x3" but sent all 15 gas caps in a box that was 3'x3'x3'.The packing paper weight more then the gas caps did.

My living room is completely full of boxes.

I once ordered three oil filters from Amazon at one time and all three came in separate 1' cubed boxes. :Insane:

I like tire rack shipping. Bought a tire and wheel package for my Ranger a few years back and they just strap cardboard to the front and back. The UPS guy just rolled them to the garage and stacked them up real neat.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday replaced the rear uca with one from Napa and installed jbas trilink extension.

Today I pulled the front driveshaft, replacing the cv on the transfer case end.

Jeep sits high enough I pulled the driveshaft without having to put it on a jack or stands.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got everything but the KC's mounted. Going to have to weld on a few brackets to hold the lights to the detour back bone and then I just have to plug in the lights to the harness and it will all be good to go. I also deleted the little fogs that I had in the front grill and covered the holes with some metal sheeting held on by rivets. Here are the pics so far.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to do some errands so I just drove the pig and put gas in it....LOL

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you gotta love how they pack things when you order stuff.I bought out a online dealers whole stock of gas caps(I replace every year) which was 15 of them and there boxes are not big,maybe 4"x4"x3" but sent all 15 gas caps in a box that was 3'x3'x3'.The packing paper weight more then the gas caps did.

You got "box furniture" .....better than ikea cause you don't have to screw them together...:happy175:

Dave

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got everything but the KC's mounted. Going to have to weld on a few brackets to hold the lights to the detour back bone and then I just have to plug in the lights to the harness and it will all be good to go. I also deleted the little fogs that I had in the front grill and covered the holes with some metal sheeting held on by rivets. Here are the pics so far.

Looks good.:happy160::peace:

Wildebeest

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What's the rational behind changing the gas cap so often? Mines 11 years old..

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had to hitch up the car trailer to it, and go recover my now badly broken Shadow.
passenger rear lower spring perch decided to disintegrate and allowed the spring to become one with the ground. sad to say, the car might be done. haven't found a complete torsen axle for it yet, but i'm betting it'll cost more than I should spend. my dreams of making it to 300k miles with car are going to fall short by 38k miles it looks like.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it down to the farm, only 125 miles each way, short trip..........
threw chainsaw in back and went to cutting locust posts for a new fence line
14- 8 foot locust posts do a great job and making it ride really good through the fields :gr_grin:
Next trip cut more posts and start digging holes:Insane:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened driving to work this morning (at a stoplight, honest):

drewwenmoth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tuesday bumper ****.........

:popcorn:

Dave

As requested.... drumrolllllll........ bumper ****!

Still a little bit of body work to do. But overall i am very pleased. Re-used all the detours backbone mounts, plus a couple more through the front crossmember. Theres a piece of 2x5 tying all the mounts (jk bumper & backbone) together with some 1/2" x6 bolts through the front crossmember. Have some foglights mounted in there, to be wired up to come on with switch or when the factory fogs come on but thats for another day. Now wheres my beer?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dexetr30

Reaction score
Trimmed the bottom of the front bumper and replaced the number one ignition coil.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the front axles and re-ordered the front drive shaft. The Brit twit I was dealing wit I had to quit. 2 days of him asking me for OEM part #'s finally p*$$ed me off enough to cancel the order and spend an extra $25 elsewhere. Now I'll be lucky if I get it before the end of the weekend. S'posed to 70's too - nice when you can have the garage open.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As requested.... drumrolllllll........ bumper ****!

Still a little bit of body work to do. But overall i am very pleased. Re-used all the detours backbone mounts, plus a couple more through the front crossmember. Theres a piece of 2x5 tying all the mounts (jk bumper & backbone) together with some 1/2" x6 bolts through the front crossmember. Have some foglights mounted in there, to be wired up to come on with switch or when the factory fogs come on but thats for another day. Now wheres my beer?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good man.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bumper came out nice drewwenmoth. Good work.

Dave

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wonder how hard it'd be to make a bumper that looks almost exactly like the stock one, but out of all substantial metal.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
wonder how hard it'd be to make a bumper that looks almost exactly like the stock one, but out of all substantial metal.

The Sundance bumper was sort of that way, lots of small pieces and lots of welding