What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed - very disappointed in their poor condition. I'm used to the KJ - even at 210K miles it's far cleaner underneath. Much of my summer will be spent underneath the XK with a wire brush and cans of Rustoleum Hammered Black. Probably replace those dust shields too :blah:

Bob

I was starting to notice that about the WK- and that was an 09. I wasn't looking forward to having to do any repairs on it, the undercarriage was far rustier than the KJ for some reason. I know my KJ spent the first half of it's life in FL but damn the WK was rusty underneath. It was even starting to rust in the tailgate and the left rear door despite meticulous washing. The LR3 doesn't have a lick of rust anywhere.

Both pics are awesome, Jim and your Jeep took you there and back...priceless.

Dave
x2!

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been spending far too many hours in front of my computer lately. I'm s'posed to be retired, damnit. So I decided to go visit a lake I haven't been to in 25 years. It was a nice 45 mile drive there. I stopped to talk with a guy coming from the other direction, in a Wagoneer and painted with some nice lookin' mud. He gave me directions so I could get down and drive on a beach. I found a place to sit right next to the water for about an hour. My right foot got wet, but I didn't even know it until I had to leave. The lake water is so warm, I think it musta been body temperature (it's below a PG&E power plant). Had fun in the KJ and got some nice pictures (this one don't count - I'm not an auto photographer).

You must be registered for see images

This one counts:

Nice! Great views.

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got back from UT. Had to go 90+ to get rid of the vibration. Going to go after the CV Joints.

Maybe y'all can help with a couple of questions...

Can I go with the JBA cut shafts at 2.5" lift? If not, probably going to stay at this height a while.
Is it difficult to pop the front cv's into the case? Wondering how much of this I can do solo.

Probably going to have the drive shaft done so the balance can be checked. Only problem is - the shop I use makes you bring in only the drive shaft. They were zoned out of being able to be a full blown shop and are in downtown Englewood (Hampden and Broadway).

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed some floor mats. Just the plain Weathertechs, not the fancy ones. Exhausting. Need a beer... :gr_grin:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got back from UT. Had to go 90+ to get rid of the vibration. Going to go after the CV Joints.

Can I go with the JBA cut shafts at 2.5" lift? If not, probably going to stay at this height a while.
Is it difficult to pop the front cv's into the case? Wondering how much of this I can do solo.

Probably going to have the drive shaft done so the balance can be checked. Only problem is - the shop I use makes you bring in only the drive shaft. They were zoned out of being able to be a full blown shop and are in downtown Englewood (Hampden and Broadway).

Stock length should be good at 2.5" lift. Get reman Napa ones and find a new intermediate shaft, eBay works, for that it's all the same part so buy on price.

Not hard to replace the CVs...there's a how to on here. Worse part is probably getting the knuckle off. Undo both BJs, tie rod end and 36MM nut for the CV axle.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed some floor mats. Just the plain Weathertechs, not the fancy ones. Exhausting. Need a beer... :gr_grin:

^^^exhausting? Did you weld them in or just bolt them down?.....only one beer, that job is worth a 6-pak.......LOL

Dave

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it back to NAPA to exchange the calipers and pads for the 2.3L I4. He gave me the ones for the V6 'cause their new system (brand new Friday) doesn't exclude the parts for the vehicle(s) you didn't choose in the menus. What crap.

He selected 2000 Honda Accord 4-dr sedan I4 2.3L
It left the parts for the 2-dr coupe and the 3.0L V6 in the menus. He's submitting a problem ticket 'cause, well, stupid.

Got the brakes done pretty quickly after that ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

On the 04 with it at 4.25 inches of lift I run stock remanned NAPA ones, only time I ever had an issue was with the right front clear off the ground or jumping railroad tracks and when the KJ was off the ground in front I could feel it come apart a little . ( intermediate shaft and CV )
The 03 with 2.5 inches of lift no issues at all

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^exhausting? Did you weld them in or just bolt them down?.....only one beer, that job is worth a 6-pak.......LOL

Just one should be enough, well maybe a couple of cans instead. :gr_grin:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just get the world's largest 6 pack :D

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the "Pure Artesian Water". Guess they aren't talking about the Artesian water company serving parts of Delaware and Maryland. :happy175:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think they mean pure artisan dishwater, since that's about what it tastes like. LOL Former Old Style brewery.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just one should be enough, well maybe a couple of cans instead. :gr_grin:

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks good.....I can't reach the pop-top...LOL

Just get the world's largest 6 pack :D

Biggest 6-pak for sure. I never heard of the brand. Guess I am not worldly enough.....LOL

Dave

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mule day.
hauled a couple bicycles around so the kid and one of his girlfriends could bike at a local park.

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx guys. Got the parts ordered. Went with new at NAPA - they have a "reserve online" promotion so basically got the lifetime warranty for $10/ea. Looks like I'm wrenching next weekend :icon_cool:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to order a drivers seat belt latch,bit the dust after 15 years.What a pain in the rear to change that.

Also said screw it and ordered a few spare parts since most OE parts for the KJ are getting harder and harder to find.Yeah I went a little crazy and before I knew it I spent $2500,fedex hates me since half the truck was my boxes.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to order a drivers seat belt latch,bit the dust after 15 years.What a pain in the rear to change that.

Also said screw it and ordered a few spare parts since most OE parts for the KJ are getting harder and harder to find.Yeah I went a little crazy and before I knew it I spent $2500,fedex hates me since half the truck was my boxes.

He can't hate. That's job security.:gr_grin:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He can't hate. That's job security.:gr_grin:

Well you gotta love how they pack things when you order stuff.I bought out a online dealers whole stock of gas caps(I replace every year) which was 15 of them and there boxes are not big,maybe 4"x4"x3" but sent all 15 gas caps in a box that was 3'x3'x3'.The packing paper weight more then the gas caps did.

My living room is completely full of boxes.