What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to the Metro, took the Metro almost the whole way to Nationals Park before they cancelled the game. Took the Metro back to the Jeep and drove it home - through pretty high water in spots.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a little over an hour and a half to change the bolts and donut.
Tried briefly to undo the bolts normally... yea that idea died a quick death. they wouldn't even break. got the hand held air cut off tool out and went to town on the springs and bolts. finally got everything off, and it took all of 10 minutes to bolt the damn thing back together. NOW I remember why I hate that ******* job.

No more fumes in the cabin though. Car's even quieter now too. :D

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big thanks going out to John3seventeen. It took us about 10 minutes to swap hoods. I had a nice smile on my face the whole drive home.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the radiator - today.

And I mean ALL day too - there are two small 10mm bolts that go through tabs on the trans cooler and A/C condenser into nuts held in "ears" on the side of the radiator. The &(#$*% nuts rusted to the bolts making it impossible to remove the bolts the regular way. Eventually had to break off the ears so I could remove the cooler and condenser. :favorites68:

Once that was done I had it back together in an hour - including test drive.

Now on my third radiator - the first two each lasted a little over 100,000 miles. Given the KJ is no longer my daily driver hopefully thats the last time I do that job :Insane:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced the radiator - today.

And I mean ALL day too - there are two small 10mm bolts that go through tabs on the trans cooler and A/C condenser into nuts held in "ears" on the side of the radiator. The &(#$*% nuts rusted to the bolts making it impossible to remove the bolts the regular way. Eventually had to break off the ears so I could remove the cooler and condenser. :favorites68:

Once that was done I had it back together in an hour - including test drive.

Now on my third radiator - the first two each lasted a little over 100,000 miles. Given the KJ is no longer my daily driver hopefully thats the last time I do that job :Insane:

Bob
Guess I got lucky on mine I did a couple of days ago, all bolts came right out. I only replaced the 04s once, now the 03 once, 05 is still going

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the 02 for a little Sunday drive on a Saturday. Haven't driven it much with the 05 as the DD. Still drives real nice, so I hope the new owner (whoever it will be) will like it. Was hoping the smell was just crud burning off the manifolds but I'm pretty sure a rocker cover is leaking. Next guy can worry about that.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Met up with John3seventeen for the skid plates. Thanks man they will be put to use here in the future. :gr_grin:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang Bob, those shields are nasty. :emotions34:

Agreed - very disappointed in their poor condition. I'm used to the KJ - even at 210K miles it's far cleaner underneath. Much of my summer will be spent underneath the XK with a wire brush and cans of Rustoleum Hammered Black. Probably replace those dust shields too :blah:

Bob

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I got lucky on mine I did a couple of days ago, all bolts came right out. I only replaced the 04s once, now the 03 once, 05 is still going

My memory ain't what it used to be but as I remember the original radiator came right out with no rust issues. But this one - Ugh :favorites68:

Bob

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
My memory ain't what it used to be but as I remember the original radiator came right out with no rust issues. But this one - Ugh :favorites68:

Bob

Yeah, seems like whenever I take something off, the bolts come right out and then I get to this one bolt that says "f-you I ain't coming out cause I like it in here" ....I just call it "the f-you bolt.....LOL

Dave

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been spending far too many hours in front of my computer lately. I'm s'posed to be retired, damnit. So I decided to go visit a lake I haven't been to in 25 years. It was a nice 45 mile drive there. I stopped to talk with a guy coming from the other direction, in a Wagoneer and painted with some nice lookin' mud. He gave me directions so I could get down and drive on a beach. I found a place to sit right next to the water for about an hour. My right foot got wet, but I didn't even know it until I had to leave. The lake water is so warm, I think it musta been body temperature (it's below a PG&E power plant). Had fun in the KJ and got some nice pictures (this one don't count - I'm not an auto photographer).

You must be registered for see images

This one counts:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been spending far too many hours in front of my computer lately. I'm s'posed to be retired, damnit. So I decided to go visit a lake I haven't been to in 25 years. It was a nice 45 mile drive there. I stopped to talk with a guy coming from the other direction, in a Wagoneer and painted with some nice lookin' mud. He gave me directions so I could get down and drive on a beach. I found a place to sit right next to the water for about an hour. My right foot got wet, but I didn't even know it until I had to leave. The lake water is so warm, I think it musta been body temperature (it's below a PG&E power plant). Had fun in the KJ and got some nice pictures (this one don't count - I'm not an auto photographer).

This one counts:

Both pics are awesome, Jim and your Jeep took you there and back...priceless.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online