What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After waiting 3½ days for what they told me would be ready in less than 1 day, I picked up my coilover parts and took them to a different shop. He's a busy guy and told me he wouldn't be able to do them until Monday, but wanted me to leave them in case he caught a break. We'll see.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After waiting 3½ days for what they told me would be ready in less than 1 day, I picked up my coilover parts and took them to a different shop. He's a busy guy and told me he wouldn't be able to do them until Monday, but wanted me to leave them in case he caught a break. We'll see.

I never understood these stories. If you have the right tools the job could be completed in 15 minutes!

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sounds from a technician point of view, you'd think they would want this job. Always nice to have a couple small jobs which can be done quickly so that you can double up your money by doing the small jobs when there's any waiting time on the large project.
Sounds like you're just getting the run around from a bunch of wusses :gr_grin:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday picked up mopar t-stat and napa water pump along with some zerex.

Today took my electric shrouded fan off then my mechanical fan in preparation for the water pump. Put my non-shrouded fan back on for the winter.

Not doing it today though. Too cold to get wet.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
watched the snow pile up , 75 car pile up on I-90 close to me. Took the KJ out for a spin and not disappointed with the first snowy trek with the new tires and wheels that havent seen snow yet. Most roads were shut down and i couldnt make the big brick slide even if i wanted to

Worst snow storm I was ever in was at Ohio Rt. 7 and I-90. Literally couldn't see the end of the hood on the KJ.

Was never worried about getting stuck but plenty worried about getting hit by someone else or plowing into another car, or mailbox - or front porch.

That lake effect is amazing :Insane:

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Worst snow storm I was ever in was at Ohio Rt. 7 and I-90. Literally couldn't see the end of the hood on the KJ.

Was never worried about getting stuck but plenty worried about getting hit by someone else or plowing into another car, or mailbox - or front porch.

That lake effect is amazing :Insane:

Bob
A couple winters ago I zipped out to Marblehead Lighthouse to enjoy the sight of an iced-over Lake Erie. On the way back I got caught in some of that stuff while on the causeway across Sandusky Bay. I've had better visibility going through the car wash at night than I did that day.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
A few days ago got everything ready to swap fog lights. Had some oval Hellas that I wanted to install , made brackets , trimmed the bumper some more , mounted them. Looked so good. So took them back off to touch up the paint.
So before I started wiring them I had a great idea. Yes change the bulbs out while they're laying on the work bench, changed one all's good it works and much brighter, started changing the other one and broke the part that holds the lens onto the main body. :favorites68::favorites68:
OK I've had these for about 7 years , I'll just buy a new set.
Look them up and around 200 bucks ..................:emotions34::Violin::blah:
So today, ...................cut up the slotted covers that came on the ones with no fog light to have something over the fog light hole and :Bye::Bye::Bye::Bye:
I'm done

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Installed a EVIC in my 2002. Prefer to solder and heat shrink, but used Dorman 86421 Splice Terminal under the dash. They worked great especially connecting to the Data Link Connector due to the limited space. Also allowed me to temporarily connect the EVIC while sitting on the passenger's seat. It was a junkyard pull, so I didn't want to go cutting the headliner until I knew it was good to go. Used trailer extension wire for the harness. Overkill, but it worked well. Nice to have all 4 wire already connected together.

2) Sold off my like new 235/70R16 Grabber AT2's after only 4 hours on CL. Only asked $75/ tire, so it was a great deal. Planning to run 245/70R16 or 245/75R16 in the Spring when I pull off my studded snows.

3) Submitted a $40 rebate form on the 225/75R16 studded I*pikes I just picked up for only $68/tire at VIP. Never expected to find there was a rebate going on them as well. $58 for 235/75R16 I*pikes is an unbelievable price.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got myself a nice 10k# rated d-ring hitch and recovery straps just in case because you never know what could happen in winter! I wanted something that could be used to help me or someone else in need. Kind of hard to see it in this pic but it's there and looks pretty good I think

You must be registered for see images attach

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my D-ring and strap are already on/in the jeep. in fact they always are. now I just need to get that damn plow set up again...

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swap my D-ring on in the winter. Hitch ball stays in during the summer unless I wheel.

Yeah yeah..."Never have a hitch ball in when you're not towing anything."

I think of it as a little extra confidence that the low rider behind me isn't gonna ride up my ass.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
noticed some chirping only when in 4wheel, going to look at the front drive shaft even though i just rebuilt the tcase end less than a year ago

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mounted plow. flushed hydraulics. it started to snow here.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
mounted plow. flushed hydraulics. it started to snow here.

You are ready....

It hasn't started snowing here yet. I put the jeep in the garage so I won't have to shovel it off..

Dave

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do the same, I will be leaving the d-ring on and keeping the ball in the trunk of its needed
If anyone is interested in getting one I suggest looking into "Vault" on Amazon
Great company with nice products- the d-ring was $27 with Prime and is powdercoated gloss black
It's also multi-directional so you can mount the d-ring horizontally or vertically if need be

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wish I could have mine in the garage. best I can do is have it under the remains of the tent which is basically the poles and a big ass tarp. had to move the neon into the garage since the tent it was supposed to sleep in needs to move so we can finish the pad.

did the brake job on the wife's car. EBC slotted rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff all around. Do you have any idea how hard it is to bed in brakes when the roads basically are a skating rink???

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super productive weekend:

Saturday --
Replaced the sway bar bushings + silicone grease - steering thudding sound is gone. Feels solid. Yay!!

Finally managed to install the front molar tow hooks without taking off the bumper with the help of a friend. Dyed those red as well as the d ring.

Refurbished, cleaned, scraped and sanded the used skid plate set to prepare it for primer/color before mounting.

Found a rusted stain on the oil pan so sanded it slightly and sprayed some rust oleum.

And on Sunday! Went to play in the mud on Hollister hills (CA)!! So much fun, KJ's got an incredible grip with the Dynapros and the 3" lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk