What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broke out the tools to do a spark plug check-up on the Libby. Just finished with one then realized...Hey! I haven't changed the plugs in my Dakota since 2010! So I switched gears and spent the next couple of hours changing the plugs on the Dak. Good thing too... they were worn to over .060 and I was able to take two of them out with just my fingers. Talk about some dirty coils. Bad job by me losing track of regular maintenance.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please update this thread when it all comes out!

I drove behind him on the way home after work. He had his window down listening, trying to figure out where the noise was coming from.:happy175::happy175::happy175: He texted me later on using lots of choice words and vowing revenge for my shenanigans.:happy175::happy175::gr_grin:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
young people. no skill.
you needed to hide it in a not easily found location, so you could remove it the next day and then randomly reinstall it.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
young people. no skill.
you needed to hide it in a not easily found location, so you could remove it the next day and then randomly reinstall it.

Be careful with your assumptions. I put it in a place so that he could find it after it had carried out its intended purpose. For the steps you recommend I save for the people that I don't like.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got some mcguard lugs today since the impact destroyed my cheapies. Also guys putting up a state funded windmill are at the farm, one of them had a real nice wk and we went for a little trail ride back through my property,

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paid a trip to the muffler man to have my y pipe flanges fixed. They got creative and replaced them with flex pipes.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picked up 4x chain link fencing T-clamps for the diy crossbars.

got the front side windows tinted w/ a cheap groupon deal. looks like I'll need to go back and get the driver side redone. Poor workmanship... trapped dirt.'

Thinking of rolling on some bedliner on the roof. paint is all messed up.
My hood's clearcoat is chipping and getting scratched up. I guess there's nothing I can do about it but get it repainted?
thoughts?

maybe bedline the hood and paint over it red?

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if there's one thing I've learned from groupon deals, NEVER take one that involves a service. Groupon always shafts the service provider, and they wind up taking it out on the buyers unfortunately. Goods seem to be ok, but services almost always go ugly.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah.... it was cheap enough to just go for it and I had to go to the "edge" of Tucson to get to Lowe's for the T-clamps and the shop was right by it.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picked up 4x chain link fencing T-clamps for the diy crossbars.

got the front side windows tinted w/ a cheap groupon deal. looks like I'll need to go back and get the driver side redone. Poor workmanship... trapped dirt.'

Thinking of rolling on some bedliner on the roof. paint is all messed up.
My hood's clearcoat is chipping and getting scratched up. I guess there's nothing I can do about it but get it repainted?
thoughts?

maybe bedline the hood and paint over it red?

I've the same after my accident involving the garage door opener creased the roof. We're going to try and pound out most of the hurt in the spring, but the paint was chipped off to the primer and bare metal below. Got a sample of vinyl wrap over it right now to protect it until I can fix it. I'm thinking a black roof might look cool with the silver body. Or we'll get really crazy and do a carbon fiber wrap on top. :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey, if it blows wind up your skirt... :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^my jeep is hiding and shivering in the garage with no stickers.....LOL

Dave

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine's in the tent with the plow on... waiting.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left mine home and drove my Astro to work. Had to buy a new battery on the way home (good thing I had the jump box inside). Those dang batteries don't last over 5 years any more....;)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya was frigid here last night, and I plugged in block heater and a battery charger.
57972[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

After driving popped the hood and went for an hour lunch.
Obviously the trickle charging was appreciated with reading over 13 volts!
57974[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• Jeep%20AGM%2022%20Hour%20subzero%20Charge.jpg
    Jeep%20AGM%2022%20Hour%20subzero%20Charge.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Jeep%20AGM%20recovers%20to%20after%20driving.jpg
    Jeep%20AGM%20recovers%20to%20after%20driving.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 0

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get the block heater installed.