What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So busy weekend with the KJ...

Started by installing couple of LED lights on the roof rack to light up the boat and other stuff back there. Picked these up from some guy on here who has more mods on his KJ's than the rest of us combined :gr_grin:

You must be registered for see images

Then decided to swing by the local Pull-A-Part and they just got in an '04 Limited. Grabbed the rear gray leather bench, a pair of heated mirrors, all four round HVAC vents and the seat recliner handles (cuz they always seem to break) all for $95.

Loaded up the Renegade with a full cargo hatch then headed home:

Got it all installed today too.

Congratulated myself with a couple of adult beverages :happy160:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So busy weekend with the KJ...

Started by installing couple of LED lights on the roof rack to light up the boat and other stuff back there. Picked these up from some guy on here who has more mods on his KJ's than the rest of us combined :gr_grin:

Congratulated myself with a couple of adult beverages :happy160:

Bob

Lights look good on there ! Glad to see you FINALLY got them mounted ! LOL

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about some reverse lights just because I have 20% tint all around and it's hard to see when I'm backing up out of my driveway at night
Just not sure if I should buy some pods (where to mount though??) or just high powered reverse bulbs like some have mentioned on the forum

Anyhow, it all looks great and what a great price for it all :waytogo:

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally decided to pull the tire cover and check out the spare (I had briefly unzipped it and seen that it appeared to be an unused tire when we bought it). 5 lbs air pressure and still had a sticker on it "Important Dealer set air pressure".

The rim appears that it had been used at some point (could tell from old weight locations). I assume this isn't the original spare (Goodyear Eagle RS-A) and I should worry if I ever need to use it?

Scott

JavelinAMX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally decided to pull the tire cover and check out the spare (I had briefly unzipped it and seen that it appeared to be an unused tire when we bought it). 5 lbs air pressure and still had a sticker on it "Important Dealer set air pressure".

The rim appears that it had been used at some point (could tell from old weight locations). I assume this isn't the original spare (Goodyear Eagle RS-A) and I should worry if I ever need to use it?

Scott

would hate to get a flat then have the spare be useless and be stranded. that being said I should check mine and/or really get the correct size, got a 215 for a spare but 235 for the other four, it will work in a pitch but the same size is way better.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed and waxed the whole KJ
The bugs around here are terrible.. I can never keep it clean
Also, trimmed the bumper slightly just to get an idea of how it'll be once I decide to actually take a lot off
I removed the lowest black plastic strip and cut the small gray lip with a utility knife
It cut like butter! I was surprised at how easy it was
I then lightly sanded the edges to clean them up a bit
It all looks great!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are those just aux lights or reverse light?
are you routing your wiring from the front or rear?

looks good.

I'm using them as aux lights and ran the wiring along the roof rack to the front left leg, down between the rack trim and roof, under the factory light bar, then under the windshield trim. The harness then loops under the corner of the hood to the fuse panel on the end of the dash.

Lights look good on there ! Glad to see you FINALLY got them mounted ! LOL

Sorry it took so long - I had to think how I wanted to wire it and this hot summer has my brain in low gear :happy175:

I've been thinking about some reverse lights just because I have 20% tint all around and it's hard to see when I'm backing up out of my driveway at night
Just not sure if I should buy some pods (where to mount though??) or just high powered reverse bulbs like some have mentioned on the forum

Anyhow, it all looks great and what a great price for it all :waytogo:

Thanks! Thankfully there are mounting points for lights on the Gekko rack so that part was easy. I wanted a really clean wiring harness (used heat shrink covering the entire length of the harness all the way to the fuse panel) and I wanted nice neat and clean switches too. I mounted the switch for the aux lights and my driving lights next to the factory lightbar switch to the left of the steering column. Had to cut holes in the trim piece there as well as in the dash behind it but the results are worth it. My factory lightbar switch died (actually the relay inside it) so needed to replace that switch anyway. The only aftermarket replacement that looked good and offered the same functionality is from OTRATTW.net; I got two more for the new aux lights and the driving lights.

You can see what they offer here: Carling Contura V Lighting Rockers

Bob

Last edited:

Kj/toy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went this route for the back up lights....Mudd's bumper....
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Thankfully there are mounting points for lights on the Gekko rack so that part was easy. I wanted a really clean wiring harness (used heat shrink covering the entire length of the harness all the way to the fuse panel) and I wanted nice neat and clean switches too. I mounted the switch for the aux lights and my driving lights next to the factory lightbar switch to the left of the steering column. Had to cut a holes in the trim piece there as well as in the dash behind it but the results are worth it. My factory lightbar switch died (actually the relay inside it) so needed to replace that switch anyway. The only aftermarket replacement that looked good and offered the same functionality is from OTRATTW.net; I got two more for the new aux lights and the driving lights.

You can see what they offer here: Carling Contura V Lighting Rockers

Bob

I have 3 toggle switches where you describe
My far left one is for my fogs and then I have a little space between my two others for my light bars (just so I don't accidentally turn those on)
I'll probably just get high powered reverse bulbs unless I decide to mount even more LEDs to my KJ :gr_grin:
I have almost every light on mine converted to LED on top of all of the aux lights

Last edited:

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A/C swap. Compressor, liquid line, dryer, condensor, new haskets and O-rings all around. Flushed, vacuum pulled and charged with 18oz. of 134a. Default belt back on and bypass belt stored in the cargo kit. Oh, and slipped in some fiberglass window screen between the grill and the insert to keep the bug butts out of the new condenser. Ahhhhh the cool...

Pic at idle:

Door skin temp when complete:

Concrete temp where I was standing for 6.5 hours get'n it done.:

Grill screen:

I'm now the proud owner of a 2.5cfpm vac pump, a/c gauge manifold and freon can tap. Rock Uato & Harbor Frate knocked the pants off of anyone in the area.

I did give the local shop $42 to recover the 6oz of freon the was in the system after it had originally eaten it ass and well before cracking the system.

Thanks to all who contributed to the DIY posts. 'Preciate it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stared at her. She looks like a gimp dog. :(

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won't be sitting like that for long...Just got the crank seal driven in with my ghetto seal driver:

Galvanized fence post top and a giant washer courtesy of my local hardware store.

The result:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stared at her. She looks like a gimp dog. :(

Looks way better than mine. Can't even bear to take a picture. Pretty much gutted in the garage right now. :favorites68:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks way better than mine. Can't even bear to take a picture. Pretty much gutted in the garage right now. :favorites68:

Sorry to hear that. I spent a few more hours on her tonight and got her with all 4 wheels sitting on the ground.

Still no rear UCA though... :Insane: That will be coming soon...

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove her a bunch. The girl's Escape took a beating in I-84 on the Monday before so I have been the main source of wheels. A rig pulled up a piece of metal just by shear wind force and we had nowhere to go in 70 mph traffic. Just had to take the hit. Just cosmetic luckily.

There was a license plate bracket and frame there....

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch!

My husband was driving my little Tercel on Rt 50 the other day and another car flipped up a chunk of tractor-trailer tire. He had nowhere to go, but fortunately it just put two little marks on the bottom of the black bumper.

Pretty helpless feeling, watching something hit you when there's nothing you can do...

Latest posts

Members online