What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you jumper the terminals, for fun you can try swapping the starter relay with one of the other relays in there, they're the same.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did we ever establish how old the battery is? I'd bet on that.

Maybe take it to one of those free check places and have it tested under load.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery is probably 2 years old i am going to wait a while and see if it will click. Then i will try jumping them. If not i will be attempting these tasks in the morning before work.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of those cigarette lighter voltage meters i keep it plugged in with the heat it has been a littler lower than usual but nothing to worry about. I also have an elm 327 which gives voltage.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gas light came on when I was ½ mile from home 'cause I forgot to get gas Monday. Traffic was awful, so I decided to go later. Just remembered....17.5 gal fillup. Whoopsie.

At least it's $0.05 off Thursday at Shell and I had $0.10 off in rewards points...

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gas light came on when I was ½ mile from home 'cause I forgot to get gas Monday. Traffic was awful, so I decided to go later. Just remembered....17.5 gal fillup. Whoopsie.

At least it's $0.05 off Thursday at Shell and I had $0.10 off in rewards points...

Previously when my light would come on, I'd get 17.8 gal and gas would start coming out
Now, for some reason I'll be filling it up closer to 18.2 gal and no overflow (dunno)
Weird how some tanks hold 17.5 and some hold over 18

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tank holds 20.5 and I've put 19.8 in when no station around was open (only once). Got pretty nervous that night - Sunday night going through PA.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally finished painting the wheels
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tailgate has been dull looking for some time and the clear was lifting off the base. So I decided to paint it. Just waiting for it to flash. Glad I have a shop near me that color code matches paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped relays and it started. I noticed the blower motor relay was warm. Where as all the olthers were cool? Then again i had the key turned to acc for a little while as i tinkered.

Last edited:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
loaded up the kayak and headed to camp with the kiddo for some trail riding and lake time

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turned out great!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
So....I opened the hood and it came back down and wacked me in the head......#@*&%$@#$%^&*..(ouch). The hood struts are toast. OEM 11 years old and dead......didn't even make it to tweenager.....lol. Stopped at NAPA and picked up 2 Turbolift made in the USA struts........$23 bucks each....holy bull $#$%^%$#@@$. Should have checked the price but my head hurts....lol

My hood FLIES now with twin turbos....lol

Dave

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped relays and it started. I noticed the blower motor relay was warm. Where as all the olthers were cool? Then again i had the key turned to acc for a little while as i tinkered.

The guy that runs the shop next to ours told me about a year ago that when the starter on a Chrysler gets weak, it takes out the relay. He was talking about my coworker's '04 Sebring 2.7L/auto, but same info applies.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turned out great!

Are they an aftermarket tail light they look different

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy that runs the shop next to ours told me about a year ago that when the starter on a Chrysler gets weak, it takes out the relay. He was talking about my coworker's '04 Sebring 2.7L/auto, but same info applies.

Wouldnt it hesitate or make some noise before it gives up? I hope its not the starter looks like one hell of a job.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think so. My experience is that stuff gets progressively weaker until it finally dies, not either alive or dead with nothing in between.

No, the starter is relatively easy, actually. Had to remove it before I could drop and replace my transmission.

However, you should test the wiring to the starter first - if it's in any way corroded, replace the wiring and see where you are.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldnt seem to find any wires that lead to it to test resistance or voltage for that matter cactus said i could check out the skematics but i couldn't seem to find any. It is on the drivers side hidden by the catalytic's heat shield right?

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's on the driver's side hidden by its own heat shield.

You must be registered for see images attach

View from lower
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.