What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are all the TB's from different years the same, design wise?
I would think that the resonator is there for a reason but if the TB deign is all the same for different years then I suppose it'll be okay to remove the resonator.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
are all the TB's from different years the same, design wise?
I would think that the resonator is there for a reason but if the TB deign is all the same for different years then I suppose it'll be okay to remove the resonator.

The dimension was perfect for the connection, so that was all I cared about. For two or three years I ran a complete AEM cold air intake that is just an aluminum tube from the cone filter in the pseudo cold air "compartment" into the TB and no problems. The resonator does have two ports for the breathers but I used one breather for the PCV relocate and the other I will probably Tee into the plastic part of this tube unless I don't smell it. Don't really want to add spongebob to the filter box. The tube I got does have an intake air temp sensor (I guess) that I just ignored. You can see it on the right side near the TB connection on the last image (above). Guess the 02-03 doesn't have one?

Also the part description said it would fit 04-06 so guessing the drive by wire TB of the 07 is quite different.

Last edited:

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I finally added the insulation wrap to the intake tube and intake box. Also noticed a good size leak from my power steering lines. I do not think the lines themselves are leaking but rather that they need to have the connection to the power steering pump looked at. the lines are only a year old and the power steering is only one old as well, note that I did not install the lines or the pump i had a local garage do the work.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dimension was perfect for the connection, so that was all I cared about. For two or three years I ran a complete AEM cold air intake that is just an aluminum tube from the cone filter in the pseudo cold air "compartment" into the TB and no problems. The resonator does have two ports for the breathers but I used one breather for the PCV relocate and the other I will probably Tee into the plastic part of this tube unless I don't smell it. Don't really want to add spongebob to the filter box. The tube I got does have an intake air temp sensor (I guess) that I just ignored. You can see it on the right side near the TB connection on the last image (above). Guess the 02-03 doesn't have one?

Also the part description said it would fit 04-06 so guessing the drive by wire TB of the 07 is quite different.

Another way to do it
You must be registered for see images

The 02-03 air temp sensor is in the intake

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another way to do it

The 02-03 air temp sensor is in the intake

Looks good!! I used the breather on that side for the PCV relocate. I'll connect the other breather under the coolant reservoir to the intake and have the fitting like you showed. I just need to attach on the side near the oil dipstick tube. No biggie but may not bother. Probably won't even be able to see it when and if I do. Right now I just secured the hose to the heater hose so it won't flop around. Wonder if it will smell up the place if I don't. :shrug:

Every time I see your location I want to change mine to way north central Maryland. :gr_grin:

Last edited:

Dizzydevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been awhile since I been on here hope ya'll are doing well. I have done some stuff to my KJ in my absence though. I put all new brakes, rotors and pads etc.I fixed the problem with my Brake hoses that the shop I took it to screwed up so now it is stopping good again. I replaced my Heater core so now I can heat my cab again and drive with out that stench coming out of my vents. However while I was driving my transmission died the shaft in the rear where the drive shaft attaches broke and a few gears got shredded. The ecu threw a few codes as well. But should be back up next week found a really good transmission to replace it with and it did not put me in the poor house thankfully so I look forward to driving it again next week. I will add some other modifications to the front soon I got my bumper almost ready for installation as soon as I get the Jeep back I can start removing the stock stuff and start setting up the new bumper and winch.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in a new set of plugs, a new PCV valve and replaced the speed sensor on the top of the differential. Inspected the wires in the loom and no corrosion at all so I took a chance that the sensor was bad. Put in a new one and - BINGO! - the speedometer works again :waytogo: Getting the trans flushed and filled Monday so should be good for another 30,000 miles.

While under there I noticed there is a bunch of oily residue around the Leak Detection Pump. The fluid doesn't smell like gas or oil - but it is sprayed over the passenger side half of the fuel tank. Any ideas?

Bob

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like pepper will have an extended stay at the dealership.
The new connector arrived late according to them.
Either that or they left all the recall work to the end of the day.

Not too happy that the tech removed the upper radiator hose for more "room" to replace the connector.
Why not remove the fan shroud instead?

bah.......

not too happy about that. the tech better note down what he did.

joeysjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put new gas lift struts on the rear glass and hood omg is it nice not having it fall on my head when I open either end of it lol.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out for a trail run yesterday with a friend. Had a really good time going up Yankee Hill Trail here in Colorado. It was open a good way up the trail and made for a good February run when most of the trails here are still closed due to snow. Ended up having some trouble once I got down the trail. Ended up at an auto parts store at the end of the day putting in a new thermostat just to find out that that wasn't the problem. I am putting on a new water pump today in hopes that this solves the problem. But I do have some good pictures of the jeep out on the trail.

Pics:
jharrisliberty-albums-jeep-fun-picture5957-yankee-hill-trail-colorado.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-jeep-fun-picture5958-yankee-hill-trail-colorado.jpg

jharrisliberty-albums-jeep-fun-picture5960-yankee-hill-trail-colorado.jpg

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I got the hood vent just right, as witnessed by the frost melt on the hood this morning as i warmed it up.

Last edited:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a decal

Anyone in the PA, MD, WV area this is a great local group with alot of activities for everyone with Jeeps from stock to extreme.

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haven't moved mine in 2 weeks. sitting in the garage still in plow trim. thinking sometime this week she's getting turned back into a street jeep.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it in for it's 30,000 mile ****** flush - got the T-case fluid changed too since they were under there anyway and it was due.

They also replaced the ****** pan - dang thing was weeping from a rusty corner. Figured might as well replace it now since I'll be on the road all this week and don't need the weeping to turn into full scale sobbing :happy175:

Next up: Replacing the factory switch for the Renegade light bar since the relay bit the dust on Friday. Switch/relay part is discontinued so going aftermarket. Just have to figure out how to wire it. (I'm not good with electrical - can wire and solder very well as long as I know how to do it correctly :shrug: )

Bob

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Safelite did not call me back today... Going to have to call them tomorrow, probably hear the same stupid excuse as to what part of the issues in getting this windshield put in was, that my phone was ''disconnected'' despite me calling them right after getting the email saying that with that very phone.

Latest posts

Members online