What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
moved my windshield washer bottle from the lower passanger wheel well, up into the engine bay, and trimmed some more plastic wheel liner...
You must be registered for see images

there are 2 metal weights on the bottle right now, as i had to cut the filler neck, and plastic weld it back together (so i can still use the cap)

this is all in hopes of installing a non liberty winch bumper on the front to start using my winch/compressor

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it fell while it was there and they put it back in place haha

Maybe. Hard to tell. Either way, I don't think I could pin it on them since they didn't do any work on the door.

I got it all pulled out and will have to wait for the repair kit to arrive.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in a new set of LED fogs, one turned dark orange immedately the other stayed golden amber. Emailed the seller telling him what happened and that this happened on my 9145 LEDs but both turned dark orange then fried out. Reference here is I cosmetically moded a set of 9005's to fit into the sockets since they hold and handle the higher wattage that's what my back up set of LED's are that work.

DRockZZ

Reaction score
Moabs

I Just got back from picking up a pristine set of 5 MOAB wheels off of an 05 Rubicon with 50%tread 245/75 Goodyear Fortera tires on them for only $500. Craigslist pulled through in the clutch. Folded down the rear seats and hauled them back in the Liberty.(flagusa)
:emoticondancer:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got new wheels and tires on the 03 Green Jeep
You must be registered for see images attach

:icon_lol::icon_lol::ROFLJest:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Got new wheels and tires on the 03 Green Jeep
:icon_lol::icon_lol::ROFLJest:
Ha ha...Nice wheels & Tires!!
I had to tow the Ram home..:icon_lol: :gr_grin:
55412[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• Toy%20Jeep%20Tow%20Ram.jpg
    Toy%20Jeep%20Tow%20Ram.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 0

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did you get those? I'm intrigued.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rolled everything out into the driveway, to let mother nature wash it off.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
where did you get those? I'm intrigued.
The KJ & Ram came from a local store many years ago, they had one on shelf, had to buy it!
Tom has a nice little collection including the New Bright.
I got so many now... I need an 18 wheeler to load them into!! :icon_lol:
55425[/ATTACH]"]

Many come from Ebay etc..Here is a link from 2010: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f195/wanted-1-18th-scale-jeep-liberty-46880/
I also have flipped out recently on Jeep watches! Link: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f197/does-your-jeep-dealer-carry-apparel-acessories-57257/index2.html :gr_grin:
BTW here is a nice Red Fast Lane Remote controlled KJ Up for sale right now on ebay, make an offer!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Lane-Jeep-Liberty-Remote-Controlled-Car-RC-Working-Battery-Charger-Remote-/231566178232

Attachments

• Truck%2018%20Wheeler%20Jeep.jpg
    Truck%2018%20Wheeler%20Jeep.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is just sitting out there waiting for Friday to get some diagnostics runs so that I can find out how expensive it is going to be to fix her.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving to Manchester nh to sign the paperwork to buy the triumph my check engine light came on during the ride home..... I think the lady got jealous.. I will be checking the code in the morning.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
deplowifying the jeep this morning. then I get to fix a toilet that's leaking from one of it's tank bolts! so much fun!!!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you share any additional details? Where'd you get them? Installation particulars? How-to on the resistors?

Thanks.

Pretty easy actually. I bought all of the LED bulbs from Superbright LEDs.

The only thing I don't like is that they're all Chinese bulbs. But at this point...what isn't made in China?? :shrug:

Anyway SBL has some instructions for their load resistors on their site and they come with them when you buy them. I only used these for the signals to stop the hyperflashing. The other two bulbs (Brake/running and reverse) were simple plug and play.

Pretty simple. They gave me splice connectors. Connect one splice connector to each end of the load resistor, and connect each splice connector to the positive/negative wires on the Jeep for the signal.

That being said...I have aftermarket tail lights with a wire loom that comes out of the back of the tail light. I actually used THESE wires to connect the load resistor so I didn't have to find out which wires were the equivalent on the Jeep wiring harness.

I drilled two holes small holes in the jeep on each side to mount the resistors behind the tail light with a couple of small sheet metal screws. (Spray painted the spots too to prevent rust)

Here are the resistors:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-turn-signal-hyper-flash-warning-fix/190/831/

And here are the instructions:

https://d114hh0cykhyb0.cloudfront.net/pdfs/LoadResistorBW-01.pdf

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to install my OME lift kit. During the lift install the libby got new front upper control arms, new CV axles, new front sway bar links, also teraflex bump stops.That was back around Christmas, and now I noticed that my rear tri link is totally shoot and will need to replaced asap. I just want to say THANK YOU to this forum for all the helpful information. I may have taken my a week to install the lift, but it was one of the funnest weeks I have ever had. I will post before and after pics when it stops raining.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to install my OME lift kit. During the lift install the libby got new front upper control arms, new CV axles, new front sway bar links, also teraflex bump stops.That was back around Christmas, and now I noticed that my rear tri link is totally shoot and will need to replaced asap. I just want to say THANK YOU to this forum for all the helpful information. I may have taken my a week to install the lift, but it was one of the funnest weeks I have ever had. I will post before and after pics when it stops raining.

Glad you had fun installing the lift
I always do !

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Meet the design for the new vehicle storage house. I think i'm very close to building several of these this summer. Pretty much have the design locked down. Now i'm thinking about drawing up the assembly scaffolding and panel making jigs that'll help make this thing happen.

Last edited: