What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know, i've never had a problem with an ABS vehicle and doing a complete flush and fill, even after it all drained out. If you've got a stiff pedal you've got brakes. If you REALLY want to make sure the ABS system is ready, go find a slippery parking lot and nail the brakes at like 10mph. :D

I don't have ABS! But still. Same concept.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Mind if I post an oldie?

On New Years Day I drove my Jeep out to a B&B in Norwalk, Ohio. Drove up to Sandusky for dinner, then drove across Sandusky Bay out to Marblehead Lighthouse. (There's a causeway, for you smart-alecs tempted to ask if I have the amphibious package. ;) ) It was nearly eleven pm by then and it was very cold, or I would have taken my girlfriend for a little walk.

I got out of the Jeep, walked around to the passenger side and opened the door, then got down on one knee and proposed. (She said "yes"!) My new fiance actually got engaged while sitting in the Jeep and my last act as a "boyfriend" was to open the door on her side. My first act as a newly engaged guy was to drive us back to the B&B. Me, her, and our Liberty had had a big day. :)

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got out of the Jeep, walked around to the passenger side and opened the door, then got down on one knee and proposed. (She said "yes"!) My new fiance actually got engaged while sitting in the Jeep and my last act as a "boyfriend" was to open the door on her side. My first act as a newly engaged guy was to drive us back to the B&B. Me, her, and our Liberty had had a big day. :)
No doubt in my mind that this has to be the best WDYDTYJT post in 4+ years. :gr_grin: Congratulations.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed rear diff fluid. New speed sensor, weatheroroofed the whole shabam as the speedo was starting to jitter again because of a bad sensor. Decided to re do the whole thing again. All new wire loom , sensor and pigtail from the dealer. Used thick wire insulation towards the connector to stop the wires from bending, liquid tape to seal everything and weatherproof crimp connectors. All is good. No way this will ever mess up again.

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Changed rear diff fluid. New speed sensor, weatheroroofed the whole shabam as the speedo was starting to jitter again because of a bad sensor. Decided to re do the whole thing again. All new wire loom , sensor and pigtail from the dealer. Used thick wire insulation towards the connector to stop the wires from bending, liquid tape to seal everything and weatherproof crimp connectors. All is good. No way this will ever mess up again.

Famous last words...........how many times have a lot of us said that and then :whip::favorites68:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Famous last words...........how many times have a lot of us said that and then :whip::favorites68:

I'll take a picture of what I did. This better never happen again as there is no way for these wires to fray on anything

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take a picture of what I did. This better never happen again as there is no way for these wires to fray on anything

you're young. you clearly have never *really* met Mr. Murphy.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You forgot to add strain relief bushings.
:party52:

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM Radiator hose

Hi everyone

Some time ago i have a leak to the original hose and because i was in a hurry i buy this other hose in a near local autoparts were i live. That hose is not the original when i had to install i had to make a cut and that cut that i make i did not feel comfortable at all. I leave it that way, when i have the time i will go to Mopar and buy the original. Finally i just buy it and here is.

Last edited by a moderator:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
you're young. you clearly have never *really* met Mr. Murphy.

He may have met one of the Murphy grandchildren, BUT Old Man Murphy,........well he shows up at the most inopportune times:happy175:
and its never good

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Some time ago i have a leak to the original hose and because i was in a hurry i buy this other hose in a near local autoparts were i live. That hose is not the original when i had to install i had to make a cut and that cut that i make i did not feel comfortable at all. I leave it that way, when i have the time i will go to Mopar and buy the original. Finally i just buy it and here is.

NAPA etc can get you a good one to replace that one

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He may have met one of the Murphy grandchildren, BUT Old Man Murphy,........well he shows up at the most inopportune times:happy175:
and its never good

Youth and exuberance can never counter age and treachery. Old men are some of the most treacherous bastards i've ever met. Especially if they have canes. Old people have figured out FTL travel, based on how fast i've seen some of them swing a piece of hickory.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You forgot to add strain relief bushings.
:party52:

So I was out visiting customers all this week (glad to have the KJ - was running in areas with 14 to 16 inches of snow :icon_lol: ) and as I left a customer's place yesterday morning I noticed the speedo wasn't moving. I suppose the wiring is FUBAR due to salt and corrosion. I ended up driving over 300 miles (I'm guessing since the ODO doesn't work either) so now I get to crawl under her this weekend and fix it.

Also got to winch myself out of deep snow - TWICE! - on unplowed farm roads. That wet, heavy snow was a pain in the #$%@#$ :favorites68:

Bob