What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though it may be summer, I am getting to stuff to prep the KJ for winter Lol.
50089[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Probably in the next week or so got to get the KJ back up on lift and have the Teflon Undercoat paint work done again. Surprising how stuff rusts up over the years...
I have to look at bills also, I think I am also close to the 5 years again for a dealer coolant flush.
Today I saved the muddy under hood liner from being tossed and began painting some front suspension You can see how well it is starting to look again.
Link: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f224/hood-liner-cleaning-56359/
I am doing as much as I can on my free time to get it back into shape again before fall hits.

You and me both, I just rubber undercoated the Jeep a month ago and repainted my front suspension and axle, rear axle, and trailer hitch. Now I just need to fix the rust on my rockers and I'll be set.

Attachments

• KJMountainFields.jpg
    KJMountainFields.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 0

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thursday but posting the pic now. Loaded to the gills and a little top heavy. Luckily I didn't have far to go.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is no fun...I did that with a queen set strapped to the top of my roommate's old Dodge Omni and had to drive it over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Thank god it wasn't a really windy day.

Now I just shove things like that into the Astro.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went and got groceries with it today, been driving a full week now with the Tires filled with Nitrogen, as I have always told customers I was right there is no difference between the two.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went and got groceries with it today, been driving a full week now with the Tires filled with Nitrogen, as I have always told customers I was right there is no difference between the two.

Tell them to fill it with hydrogen instead if they insist there is a difference. Lightest gas out there and much more fun at high temps. :)

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only actual applications Nitrogen is useful in tires is for Aviation and Racing that's it. But I have not in one week seen one single feature and benefit that Nitrogen touts it has, I still have the exact same amount of road noise from my tires, Nitrogen claims to quite down all tires, I still have temperature related PSI flux, Nitrogen is supposed to stop and or greatly reduce that that, and I run my tires at 35 PSI, they look like they're at 25 PSI instead.

Honestly I can't wait for airless tires to come into the standard market. It would save me a huge nightmare at work over telling people Nitrogen doesn't matter all the time despite the fact we offer it. I'm so glad even though we offer it and put it in tires to appease a certain lying scumbag who claims Global Warming is all man made and this helps reduce it, we don't push it when people come in asking for it.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

When I got the JK they told me they just filled it with Nitrogen. I was very close to asking if they could go back and refill them normaly for me. Always hated the whole B.S Nitrogen hype places try to talk up.

Last edited:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded my KJ last night for a JK. can't beleive I actually did it but after weighing some personal things it just made more sense for me. Plus I've wanted a Wrangler since I was in high school but when I got the Liberty I wasn't in a good place financialy to spend that much with my divorce going on and all. Hopefully I don't see to much hate for going with a Wrangler lol

Looks like the modifying starts all over from scratch now though. it's a 2010 with 20k miles and 1 previous owner.

Hopefully I'm still welcome around here. The Liberty was my first Jeep I ever owned and my first introduction in to a 4x4 vehicle. Learned a lot from many of you on here. Would be my pleasure to be able to stay a part of the community.

Love that color!

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love that color!

Yeah, that is what caught my attention in the first place. I was looking online and they called it Mango Tango. Made me curious to know what that was. I wasn't even really looking. I was just curious to see what was out there and what prices where. Was really bored so I decided to go to the lot to see what "Mango Tango" looked like in person and walked out with a JK lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is what caught my attention in the first place. I was looking online and they called it Mango Tango. Made me curious to know what that was. I wasn't even really looking. I was just curious to see what was out there and what prices where. Was really bored so I decided to go to the lot to see what "Mango Tango" looked like in person and walked out with a JK lol

If you can't have black,:shrug::happy175: then that is one of if not the best color on a JK, looks really good

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can't have black,:shrug::happy175: then that is one of if not the best color on a JK, looks really good

That was the one color I wished my Liberty would have been, black. In my opinion it's the best color.

For the JK the lot only had black in the JKU version. I didn't really want the 4 doors for the cost. Otherwise it would have been a toss up between black and the one I got. Black just has that sleek mean look to it on vehicles in my opinion.

Shoey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped the pan again and redid the seal for the second time in 3 days. I replaced the filter a few weeks ago and only used the rubber gasket on the pan.. So, ended up having a slow leak. So saturday, I dropped the pan again, and this time used RTV. Again, a leak. Pretty damn bad this time. I keep seeing conflicting information on whether to use just RTV or the gasket, so this time I used both and paid careful attention to how I torqued the bolts down. Hopefully no leak this time!

In other news, I'm just waiting on my rear coils to come, and will be able to install my full Ironman 4x4 lift. Talked to Marlon (very nice guy)today and he said the container from Australia arrived in Oregon today.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took out the engine coolant drain plugs on the engine on the drivers side and on the passengers side. The one on the drivers side is hidden behind the starter but I was able to get it off without having to remove the starter. Also took off electric fan and mechanical fan to replace water pump.

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the spark plugs on Lucy II. Should've done it sooner but I've been working non stop since I got her... Anywhoo those plugs were SHOT! Engine is now purring like a kitten :) no jitters/skips/misses...

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changed the rear wiper.
tested it and it stopped working, leaving the wiper stuck in the middle.
FML. I seriously cannot catch a break with this jeep.
Hoping it's just a connection issue or it's internals are jammed.
otherwise it's any where from $50 to $120 dollars depending on used or new.

sigh......