What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today...I left the Libby at home to rest up for our weekend outing. I realized how little I've driven the Mustang this year, and was rudely reminded by an up-heaved section of cobblestone on my way out of my neighborhood just how low it rides. Haven't had to pay attention to that spot in awhile! :fca5278d:

Hope that cross-member is ok! :emotions122:

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the axle truss in today. It looks pretty stout to me.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the passenger side: wheel hub, cv axle, intermediate shaft replaced. Still have a noise on that side. Gonna tear in to it this weekend.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished removing what was left of the brakes off my axle, bought the new brakes, ordered a new parking brake lever for each wheel from the dealership, and installed new u-joints in my drive shaft.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Polished my chrome tip on the exhaust. Not quite done with it but I need some better scrubber. Gave her a pre-flight check. Greased my U-joints. Checked out the condition of the underbody coating. I will need to get back under there to paint some more. Held up pretty well except in areas where rust was already a severe problem.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Polished my chrome tip on the exhaust. Not quite done with it but I need some better scrubber. Gave her a pre-flight check. Greased my U-joints. Checked out the condition of the underbody coating. I will need to get back under there to paint some more. Held up pretty well except in areas where rust was already a severe problem.

When I first started reading this I was just like "please be talking about your Jeep and not something else" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Searcher67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone......Finally, I'm back! Been a long time. I have been trying to get back in but somehow was not able to remember my password:
Oh, I have done SOOO much to the Libby over the past year or so! Where do I start?
I finally put on the ARB OME lift, complete with OME struts!
I got a new Thule cargo basket for the rook and added 5 Hella lights.
I broke down and bought the ARB bumper and then added an XRC winch.
New shoes all the way around 245/70/16 with new Soft 8's
and today I bought the ARB air compressor.. Once that is in I'm going to get me some air lockers.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first started reading this I was just like "please be talking about your Jeep and not something else" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha that's just awesome. I did spend about half an hour polishing it lol

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Searcher67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, Anyone out here install an ARB Compressor in their Libbys?
I prefer to install it in the engine bay, and the only good spot is between the battery and the alt. In that low spot just above the left valve cover.
Another idea is to install it under the passenger seat. But, I really prefer not to have to run a long power supply lead. I contacted ARB , but they do not make a plate to mount this thing... ANY IDEAS?

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took tools out out it to work on the charging system in my old '93 Toyota Tercel.

Turns out the new alternator has a dead short somewhere in the case (5 amp draw when not running) and the old alternator has a bad voltage regulator (allowed it to charge at 18+ volts).

Took the new voltage regulator, brushes/brush holder and diode pack out of the new alt and put into the old alt, and it charged at 14.3 volts at idle and 1200 rpm. And no more 5 amp draw.

Members online

No members online now.