What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
I drove through Oregon once and about beat the attendant with a 4' prybar since he would not put premium in my KJ,I pumped my own damn gas.

I hear you! I hate people pumping my gas. Any other states out there like that? I know New Jersey only had full serve. I've had the loose gas cap a couple times because of that. I always try to have enough to get there and back out when I travel to NJ.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Cautiously optimistic...

Finally got a chance to take the Jeep for a longer ride post HG replacement. I've been running short trips for a couple weeks. After about an hour ride, no issues once all the crude on the exhaust burned off. No leaks I could see. Timing chatter gone still a slight knock that I can barely hear when warm and only at idle. Ran real smooth. Actually tried some "thickening agent" (STP High Mileage Oil Treatment) and didn't do anything so may be an exhaust leak as I suspected. I've used it on some junkers I've had and it usually quiets the bottom end. Whoever put the Borla on did not use spring bolts. Noticed that years ago when I got the Jeep and recently snapped one off. Did a quick fix with an inappropriate bolt so now I just got a pair from Rock Auto.

Keepin my fingers crossed. Gonna wait a couple weeks before placing my JBA order and see what the knocking leads to. :icon_neutral:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Detailed the interior a bit cleaned up the plastic trim all around outside, and let my 3 year old nephew take it for a drive in the backyard with my help.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove through Oregon once and about beat the attendant with a 4' prybar since he would not put premium in my KJ,I pumped my own damn gas.

I wanted to do that to the full service attendant in Indiana when I was in college. I had an Explorer that had a slightly messed up filler neck, so when it clicked I had to patiently and slowly pump another five gallons in to actually fill the tank. After telling him to just LIGHTLY grip the trigger on the pump I had to get out and fill it the rest of the way because he was insistent that it was full and I told him its not.

Also drove through Oregon once when I was driving Rig, the slowest drive I have ever had with all the damn hills and ''Mountain Ranges'', I was not a happy driver that day.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hit 199,199 going down to Columbus ( Ohio) today to look at homes,
which also means the Duratracs have 70,000 on them now !!
Never have I owned a set of tires that long!!!!
Tired of looking at them :roflbow:

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dragged the new trailer out to work today to show the new rig to a couple of the guys and
decided to do a quick setup and takedown in the parking lot. 10 minutes to set up...about 15 minutes to takedown.
You must be registered for see images attach

Can't wait to get it out on the trails! :)

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dragged the new trailer out to work today to show the new rig to a couple of the guys and
decided to do a quick setup and takedown in the parking lot. 10 minutes to set up...about 15 minutes to takedown.

That is so cool - matching Renegade wheels even!! :waytogo:

Bob

TheZombieNinja3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put another decoration on the renegade. Zombie outbreak response team emblem. Already had some one see it and tell me they love it.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from space by the force of gravity.

Irishguy24

Reaction score
Got tired of the Christmas tree I had going on my dash, and my wheel speed sensor came in from rockauto, so I replaced that this morning

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced the rear glass supports with a set of strong arms, and yesterday i finished adding another shelf underneath my cargo shelf, now valuable/fragile items can be safely transported.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is that something you bought, or did you make it, or was it a kit? That is exactly what I want to do with my trailer. Just haven't found out how to do it just yet.

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that something you bought, or did you make it, or was it a kit? That is exactly what I want to do with my trailer. Just haven't found out how to do it just yet.
Mike, I purchased this one. As much as I would love to build my own, I just don't have the time and resources to do so at the moment. Someday, maybe... PM Sent...

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My radiator started leaking on Sunday after church. I get out of church and see it leaking right there. A puddle about 1 foot in diameter. Remember, this is a brand new radiator with only about 1000 miles on it.. I looked around and found it was leaking at the joint where the aluminum meets the plastic, on the passenger side. I took wife's car to Napa and bought some Aluminum Barr's leak. Came back and started the Jeep. I let it run until it was warm. The water was pouring all over the place. Once the thermostat was open, I dumped in the Barr's leak. Within seconds it was down to a drip. I revved the engine a bit and almost immediately the drip stopped. No more leak. Never seen anything like it. It actually worked. I checked it again this morning and still no leak.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made another 200 kms round trip to pick up some near pristine MOABs.
They have been in storage for the last five years and have the original tires still mounted from the factory.
One minute I could not find any,now I have 2 sets of 4.:rocking:

Gyro

Last edited:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My radiator started leaking on Sunday after church. I get out of church and see it leaking right there. A puddle about 1 foot in diameter. Remember, this is a brand new radiator with only about 1000 miles on it.. I looked around and found it was leaking at the joint where the aluminum meets the plastic, on the passenger side. I took wife's car to Napa and bought some Aluminum Barr's leak. Came back and started the Jeep. I let it run until it was warm. The water was pouring all over the place. Once the thermostat was open, I dumped in the Barr's leak. Within seconds it was down to a drip. I revved the engine a bit and almost immediately the drip stopped. No more leak. Never seen anything like it. It actually worked. I checked it again this morning and still no leak.

A word of caution, some repair shops NOT ALL but some will refuse to flush your coolant system now with Stop Leak in there. As I have learned from experience due to the lack of a customer informing, flushing the system with that stuff in there can damage the heater core. Had the customer informed us of that when we did the flush we would have avoided a mess and a write off of a heater core.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made another 200 kms round trip to pick up some near pristine MOABs.
They have been in storage for the last five years and have the original tires still mounted from the factory.
One minute I could not find any,now I have 2 sets of 4.:rocking:

Gyro

And you have both styles too - step side and smooth. Which will you choose, which WILL you choose...? :signs6:

Bob

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about 2 weeks back I installed the OEM fogs in it.
other than that, I'm driving it as needed; trying to pack all the miles I can on my old ass beater car.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it towed to the storage unit this morning. Not going to start tearing it apart until tomorrow thanks to having appointments for the kids all afternoon today.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used it and my trailer to get some furniture.
GPS on my radio took a dump. Manufacturer (Metra) won't honor the 3 year warranty on the unit, so I'm stuck with this thing not having working GPS.