What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mat

Reaction score
Changed both front hubs only had the car a week and a noise was doing my head in thankfully it's gone from the short test drive I had

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove it to the post office to drop off my tax checks to the Feds and the state...

In the bloody S-N-O-W!!! :favorites68::favorites68::favorites68:

Bob

hardluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so started to take apart everything to change my ball joint , anyone know of a writeup for this ?, and i need to know what size bolts holds the hub/ or cvs biggesti had was a 1'1/4" and not even close , looks like the lib is sitting on jack stands for a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove halfway down the pike and my left rear brake either seized or the parking brake failed. I messed with the parking brake adjuster and heard a clang. Worked ok the rest of the way but I will take it in tomorrow. Burned my finger real bad on the disc.

Edit: can't feel my finger. Anyways haha shop ended up changing rear rotors and pads. At my cost of course.

Last edited:

hardluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced drivers side lower ball joint , that was fun ..... Not. greased my JBA upper joints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
New battery in the "Dark One" today,
Hi-Ho Silver gets one next I guess since its bad as well
This is how my day started
You must be registered for see images attach

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did nothing today but wen to napa and bought some Front sway bar bushing and lube for them. Gonna install it on monday while removing the wheel and doing some more work on it :)

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
My electrical demons were getting a little soft in the middle... so I exorcised them. :D Found the culprit in the driver's front marker light socket - it was bad again, after replacing it a couple years ago. We'll see how long this one lasts.

In the middle of a couple of coats of POR15 on the rails. One down, one to go... back out in about 45 minutes.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Painted the rock rails on the 06 Renny,with rubberized rockguard.
They where really starting to flake and bubble.
And had all 5 tires rebalanced on the 07 Sport,they where all out.This also seemed cure the mystery rumble at about 45kph.

Gyro

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it all over...yesterday, got the marriage license. Today, Home Depot for outside faucet parts (red-headed stepchild turned it forcefully the wrong way, despite being told the right way) and broke the handle and its screw. At which time we discovered there was no bloody cut-off valve...so we installed a ball valve and a new easy-turn faucet.

Drove it to one of the many LAPS and bought a new battery for the used Cub Cadet riding mower the bf's cousin dropped off for us this morning. We'd welded up the deck on it a couple years ago. He just got himself a zero-turn Gravely and doesn't need it for edging any more.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My electrical demons were getting a little soft in the middle... so I exorcised them. :D Found the culprit in the driver's front marker light socket - it was bad again, after replacing it a couple years ago. We'll see how long this one lasts.

In the middle of a couple of coats of POR15 on the rails. One down, one to go... back out in about 45 minutes.

Something I should consider doing, throwing POR15 on the rails and or doing Line-X on the underbody.