What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed the front air dam. Got the AC cap that I dropped in the washer fluid tank out haha.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my 3.5" lift from jeepin by Als. Hopefully the weather stays nice in the next couple weeks to get it installed.
My 2 sets of led lights just showed up to be outfitted on my roof basket. 2 pointing back hooked up to the reverse lights and a switch (or should I just do the switch) and two at the front sides of the basket pointing slightly forward to the sides. I'll post picks of the finished product. I'm gonna run a trailer plug to the inside of the roof rail support so the basket can be removed with lights and wiring attached by just unplugging the harness.
I am so smart 'smrt'. Homer Simpson.

Alan

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally took off the cheap plastic roof-rack cladding that came on my Libby (Renegade). Gotta find a new home for it. Next week, I'll be putting my new roof rails on and measuring for cross bars to weld in to support my RTT. :)

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In preparation of bumper fab (and general turning convenience) I removed the front bumper and fender flares and did some more trimming to the pinch-weld...now I can turn lock-to-lock.:driver::rocking:

Removed wiper-fluid reservoir, removed turn signals & wiring harness and reinstalled (gotta stay legal) signals/wiring harness behind front grille.

Not a complete PITA, but pretty close.

Last edited:

jake1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the blower resistor board so I can get back fan speeds 1, 2 and 3. Running 4 all the time was noisy and wasteful

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Installed both heads after much surface cleaning. Torque angle protocol is a PITA. Tough to use the gauge with the cams in place. Replaced 2nd tensioners and arms since one had a crack I didn't notice until reassembling. Advanced had them in stock! Guides were solid. Checked and double checked my timing marks. Spun it a couple times and all the timing marks were good. Cautiously optimistic. Installed Timing cover with all new gaskets (including crank seal) and new Tstat and housing. Finish it up tomorrow, give it some fresh oil and antifreeze and try to fire it up.

Pray for me!

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In preparation of bumper fab (and general turning convenience) I removed the front bumper and fender flares and did some more trimming to the pinch-weld...now I can turn lock-to-lock.:driver::rocking:
If not for the gaping crater in the fenders, it wouldn't look half bad like that. I have my c-beam front bumper from my old scrapped Wrangler. Curious how that would look up front.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my c-beam front bumper from my old scrapped Wrangler. Curious how that would look up front.

From what I have seen from the guys that have done it, it looks ok, but (like on the Wrangler) the c-channel bumper is almost worthless. I am guessing that is why it is about the first thing the Wrangler guys remove. I am shooting for something like the pic below (maybe not such a big push bar), and without the winch tray. I will put in a hitch mount, so I can utilize my winch front and back.

Last edited:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No not hefty like the other bumpers out there, but more solid than the pretty plastic ones we have now. One bumper that caught my eye is the Bestop Highrock. With guys successfully adapting Wrangler bumpers to the Liberty, that might be an option. Bumpers like the ARB are too massive for my liking, and the Highrock is about half the price.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I do like the look of the aftermarket Wrangler bumpers and have thought about making a simple straight type bumper, but I have that damn space below the lights to fill.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally, made the switch to synthetic motor oil.
New oil and air filters
Rotated tires, noticed rear brakes are looking thin
Double-checked torques on UCAs and UBJs
Greased UBJs
Removed Trans. and TC skids to prep for fluid changes.

Drove it to Burracho's for a quesadilla.:peace:

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
The saga continues...

Close but no cigar. Nothing bad. Put everything back together except AC comp and Alternator. Had to leave them off so I could access the damn damper as I call it. I had planned to tap it on enough to thread the bolt but just couldn't bring myself to wack it with a BFH. So, I ordered some threaded rod, washers and nuts from Mcmaster Carr. Looked at a few places for 14/1.5 but no luck. Couldn't see spending 150 bucks for the "special tool". I can make my own installer with pieces of my old one and some new stuff. Everything else went together fine with new gaskets everywhere I could put them, oil fill tube, intake, "valve" covers. Bought a couple gallons of G-05 too.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I somehow got stupid lucky and got a K&N high flow air filter without having to order one today and at a good price. I will throw it in as soon as the rain quits.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just drove it to a birthday party. Had to work on my '93 Tercel instead....new belts, alternator and battery. However, the problem isn't fixed. In fact, now the charging light is lit on the dash...wasn't lit before, but was overcharging the battery. We tested everything else, so it's down to an electrical connection under the dash.

I hate electrical gremlins.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power steering hoses, valve cover gaskets, all new rubber E,Vac lines, new axle vent lines, oil change, checked the tork on the new sway bar links and a partridge in a pare tree.