What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it a set of hood struts and rear glass struts to put on later today. And a set of TPMS sensors to have put on next week.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I have to swap in a couple of new bulbs today. I was pulled over by a neighboring town's finest on Thursday night to inform me. How nice of him. :p

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
I have to swap in a couple of new bulbs today. I was pulled over by a neighboring town's finest on Thursday night to inform me. How nice of him. :p

Ha, I just did the same but wasn't pulled over. We typically get the warning ticket around here. If you show any officer/sheriff/trooper and they sign off that its fixed you send it in and no fine.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Weird whitish spots are just reflections...

Got it a bath, filled it up with beer & Chipotle, brought it home and put the new hood & rear glass struts on. As you can see, my driveway's a muddy mess so it got dirty just parking.

Oh yeah, filled it up with gas, too. Thanks to my grocery store rewards card, got it for $0.10/gal off.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Me? Had the oil and filter changed. I'm figuring the next time it may even be warm enough to actually do it myself - just like a grownup!

I also ran it through the LaserWash and was amazed that all that white salt ran off as a dirty black sludge. My jeep looked like a hot fudge sundae until it got to the rinse cycle, at which point it was green again.

...Guy could not wait 2hrs for me to drive down and sold the wheels from under me.
Why are some people such jerks?... :favorites68:

Karlosfandango

Reaction score
Rolled around on the floor trying to track down the vibration I get at 60+, thought it was a missing cv boot but looks like it's a badly balanced wheel. Gave it a wash and fitted <wispers> mud flaps.

lejeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally took a decent picture of the Hellas I've had since January, haha.
You must be registered for see images attach

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Okay, so the bad bulb is more like a short in the system somewhere (fuse was good)... both the front and rear driver's side marker lights are out. :disgust:

Last time something like that happened, we traced it bad to a bad socket. I'm hoping that's where I'll find it again.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so the bad bulb is more like a short in the system somewhere (fuse was good)... both the front and rear driver's side marker lights are out. :disgust:

Last time something like that happened, we traced it bad to a bad socket. I'm hoping that's where I'll find it again.

I hate electrical troubleshooting :(

Hope you find the bad socket quickly.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I hate electrical troubleshooting...

I had an Electronic Technician CPO as an instructor in Nuke School who said the difference between a mechanical problem and an electrical problem is that the mechanical problem has the courtesy to smoke/grind/clank or otherwise tell you where it is. Electrical problems play hide-and-seek and just say "I'm broke - now come and find me." :emotions33:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Electrical problems play hide-and-seek and just say "I'm broke - now come and find me." :emotions33:

I don't like that game. :(

Last year (or maybe 2 years ago), the turn signals on the right side wouldn't work - front and back. We ended up tracing it down to the front right bulb socket... it had melted. eek2.gif I hope this one is just as evident.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an Electronic Technician CPO as an instructor in Nuke School who said the difference between a mechanical problem and an electrical problem is that the mechanical problem has the courtesy to smoke/grind/clank or otherwise tell you where it is. Electrical problems play hide-and-seek and just say "I'm broke - now come and find me." :emotions33:

You were in New London?

I'm from CT, but near Hartford, not down there. Did see a few acts down at Toad's Place....what a dive...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You were in New London?...

Briefly, but only for about two weeks as a temporary duty station between assignments. In my day, Nuke School was in Orlando. I was there for about 8 months and never even made it to Disney World. It took everything I had studying-wise to scrape through. (And I did!)

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, gotcha.

My roommate between colleges, her dad was a career submariner on boomers, then a final tester on sub systems for a contractor. Got to see The Hunt For Red October with him. That was pretty cool...

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, gotcha.

My roommate between colleges, her dad was a career submariner on boomers, then a final tester on sub systems for a contractor. Got to see The Hunt For Red October with him. That was pretty cool...

I'm a big Tom Clancy fan.

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now for a moment of silence................................

RIP 3.7,DOA March 6th at 3:43pm due to dropped exhaust valve(not the seat,go figure) on cylinder #2 via autopsy on March 8th using a borescope.Popped a hole in the piston,damaged head,cylinder wall,and did some fun when the valve spring/rocker rolled around(I imagine,have not pulled valve cover).

It had a hard,but short life(94,242 miles) life but well maintained but could not handle life with another car in the family.It went out in a blaze of glory playing "Tag" on the interstate.

But don't worry,it will return to life when I get off my lazy butt and fix it.Still in limbo if it will get something special or another 3.7,we will see.