What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Any buddy do anything to there Jeep today?

Right now I am watching the snow slowly pile up on her. It's supposed to pile up a little faster later on. Once we get enough on the ground to make it worthwhile, I'm going up to the ball field parking lot nearby and do a little on-the-job snow Drivers Ed. :birgits_tiredcoffee

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed that mine has a failing oil pressure sensor. Oil level, color and smell all good. Light is out again on its own.

lejeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What parts of "Southern" Ohio ?
Some great roads down there that a lot of folks don't even know exist

The surveying stuff took me to Crane Hollow in Hocking Hills on some trails that aren't normally available to the public. Crane Hollow is not far from Conkle's Hollow and Laurelville, and it is right outside of the tiny town of Gibisonville.

Even the actual paved roads down there are tons of fun. There are lots of hidden roads through the forest that are very minimally traveled. Like you said, a lot of people wouldn't even know they exist.

I didn't have time to go many other places, but I want to go back soon to check out some trails near Tar Hollow; I've heard lots of good trails are in that area. I'm sure there's a lot more down there that can be found on any detailed map.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I am watching the snow slowly pile up on her. It's supposed to pile up a little faster later on. Once we get enough on the ground to make it worthwhile, I'm going up to the ball field parking lot nearby and do a little on-the-job snow Drivers Ed. :birgits_tiredcoffee

Send some powder my way. I feel I need the refresher course.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish we would just get a real freaking snow storm here. It all keeps going over towards tommudd, and twobob, etc. We probably won't see any chance of real snow 'till march now, if we ever do ugh.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I shuttled my daughters friends, eight of them, to their cars that were parked in the crescent ('cause they couldn't get up the driveway (cool)).

It's all part of my winter security plan ... at 2ft+ of snow, your not gettin' in without some ground clearance and good tires :D

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
All of the great generals used terrain to their advantage, Luke! :biggun:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I followed through on my threat to drive up to the local ballfield and have a little fun. The gravel parking lot was unplowed, so I got to test out the old PT4WD in some drifts. Started off in 2WD and managed a little fishtail action, then cut in the Command-Trac and showed the mean streets of Westlake who is boss. :icon_cool:

The wind is blowing like crazy, so some areas are scoured clean with all the snow blown off of that spot piled up somewhere else. You could go from nearly bare road to 2' drifts in the space of just a few feet.

You must be registered for see images attach

lejeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got tons of snow!

I couldn't get a pic in the deep drifts (I'd get stuck if I stopped, lol), but I took this picture after I climbed up the hill in the background.
You can see all of the snow on the hood and grille that I pushed through; my hood and bumper were clear of snow when I set out.
The snow had to have drifted well over a foot deep, but the Jeep somehow still plowed through it while going UPHILL! :D I love this thing!

I'm sure the all-terrains helped. haha

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watched the snow start to build up on it and my AWD Astro....starting to stick on the road, too.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And now, a couple hours later...

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little 2wd vs 4wd "road testing" at nearby parking lot in the snow. 4wd is much better! Haha Also drove to the center of town to see who else was out at the local pub. Plows are out in full force. No pictures though.

Sternn

Reaction score
Picked a body shop - took a tour of the shop's multimillion dollar operation.

They're not going to try and fix the dents, they're going to remove and replace the drivers door skin (part #55176883AD) and the moldings (5JR87CD7AA & 5JR87BDLAA). Check inside the door (as I told them the window now shifts and binds forward). Then they're going to blend all the paint from front grill to the rear drivers door (all will be done off the vehicle).

I'm going to ask them that if while they're at it they can the fix the two pea sized rust bubbles on the inside of both front and back driver side doors (at bottom - interior).

So, all in all sounds like it should be done well and will take about a week.