What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to work on my day off, added the JBA top plates for the front shocks, installed the new front bumpstops, adjusted the clevis for more lift, changed the R/F axle seal, did an oil change and changed the t-case fluid. Pretty busy morning needless to say.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my Tuff LEDs today! Got them all wired up and went to test them out and the outside light on driver side burnt out on me, waiting to contact them on Monday and hopefully they will replace it. It lit for a second but not all bulbs were lit up and then all the sudden it just went out and you can see the burn behind the lens. I know I have it all wired correctly as I got the harness from them to and its basically plug and play, very easy to install. Anyways besides that happening I am very happy with how they look and how bright they are.
You must be registered for see images

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been looking at those lights myself. Sorry about the problem, but overall they look good! :)

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They mount onto my roof rack that I got a while ago, its a modified version of Boilers roof rack from LOST and it had four light tabs already on it. The lights themselves came with the brackets and hardware to mount to existing tabs.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice play on the colors on your ride. Don't think I ever looked at your pics closely, till I noticed you're a somewhat local. I'll have to keep an eye out for yours whenever I'm up the highway in the milehigh.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im actually south of Denver in Castle Rock, if you ever wanna go wheeling or need a hand doing work on the Jeep hit me up!

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im actually south of Denver in Castle Rock, if you ever wanna go wheeling or need a hand doing work on the Jeep hit me up!

That's cool. I actually work just down from you then, on the south face of "the hill". As long as I'm doing the tinkering on my own at work, I'm pretty well off. Its the tinkering outside of work that *****. Apartment living at its finest.

Should add, if I owned the shop, it wouldn't be an issue to have people come over to work on stuff occasionally, but I don't think the owner would appreciate me doing that now,lol

Last edited:

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went for a drive today, as we got sick of the gloomy skies. Just west of us in the next county over it is clear skies, but 4-6" of white stuff fell overnight. We had planned on a trip up CR51, going past the gulches(Hackett, Longwater, Metberry) to see how the jeep handles over some of the rocky sections of the road. Change of plan, turned into testing the snow readiness of the tires. We went back so far and came back, as we were by ourselves, and didn't need to slide off into some nasty hole. The new STTs do pretty good in the fresh snow, 2wd or 4wd, but as to be expected, pack snow on the paved roads with some wet ice mixed in, made for a fun trip there and back.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove back from CT. CT leg of the trip was in pouring rain, NY leg was heavy mist, NJ was just, well, NJ. Almost got nailed by a wheel that came off a pickup and rebounded across the road. Did hit the seemingly flat tire with my passenger-side tires, so any damage remains to be seen. I'll inspect tomorrow.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I sometimes think my life is not as exciting as it could be, then I read about stray wheels flying across the road and am kind of glad. Glad you're all right and hope the Jeep is too. :icon_eek:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

If anything, the tire itself might have a broken cord, which would suck since they have less than 3000 miles on them. However, it's much better than the alternative.

My stepdaughter's oldest half sister had a friend killed by a flying wheel on a highway. It went through the windshield and decapitated him.

We were very lucky.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to use 4Lo for the first time since I got it, as my driveway seemed to be an ice rink with Chicagos freezing rain. Slid into my ditch but got myself out no issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got 4 new goodyear duratrac tires at $160 each... then i get a fancy $60 rebate from goodyear in 6 to 8 weeks!!!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It means if the US were to have an enema that's where they'd put the hose.

Real nice. You realize so many people live here for a reason...

Have you been here? Have you seen the Pine Barrens? Have you seen Hoboken? Englewood Cliffs? Historic Morristown? The Jersey Shore? Monmouth County? Bergen County? South Jersey actually looks exactly like Kentucky...big, open, and flat. And our economy sure hell is booming better than any other state.

And you gave us fried chicken. Thanks for that.

I generally attribute the "NJ is NJ" attitude to people who only drive through, usually on one of two roads. The NJ Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway. Both of which aren't pretty for much of their duration. I don't take offence to people saying "NJ is NJ" when they drive through, because that's just what people think. But to compare my state and where I live, which I enjoy VERY much (and will not be moving out any time soon), to an ******* is just straight up disrespect.

Do me a favor. Don't answer for anyone else, and curb your sadistic attitude. It's more annoying than daytime television.

Last edited: