What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought all of the materials i will be needing to make my roof rack and light bar, will be starting construction tonight after work

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took it in for the L27 recall.
service writer guy is a fellow stick shift lover. :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried to clean mine up some and wax it
but with over 173,000 its pretty trashed anymore
But I tried

Don't worry Ry, will get some good off road shots for you end of the month:happy175:
You must be registered for see images attach

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used it to tow home my friend's car that's been at a shop for a year trying to be sold.
couldn't drive it because legal reasons (2 year expired inspection, no registration, no insurance card.)

impressed my friend with the ability of the Jeep to tow.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tom: if you were more local I'd give you the name/$ of a guy I know. We call him Mr. Wizard when it comes to car paint restoration (or as he calls it... "correction".) some of the vehicles he's worked on that looked horridly trashed have come out looking obscenely beautiful. and he works on some seriously pricey machines. he's not cheap though. he's getting the family's MG to work on at some point and the bill will easily be 4 figures.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got home from work last night and started welding my roof rack together, got the 2 main hoops done and ran out of shielding gas, hopefully ill be able to get it finished before next weekend

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
tom: if you were more local I'd give you the name/$ of a guy I know. We call him Mr. Wizard when it comes to car paint restoration (or as he calls it... "correction".) some of the vehicles he's worked on that looked horridly trashed have come out looking obscenely beautiful. and he works on some seriously pricey machines. he's not cheap though. he's getting the family's MG to work on at some point and the bill will easily be 4 figures.

Now see to me that is a huge waste of $$$$,
unless its one of those never driven/always trailered / pushed in and out of shows types of automobiles.
Even when I showed my 32 Ford/55 Chev and all the others if I would of spent that much it would of taken the fun out of driving them.
The KJ gets a good claybarring/wax etc every 3-4 months, then gets driven on dirt roads/ through fields with cow sh** everywhere etc so no use to get it cleaned real well.
I've won 1st place trophys with the KJ with mud in the fenderwells :whip::Bye:

jmnetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it for a short spin out to the desert, getting it good and dusty. Got the exterior rain-washed on the way back.

Once home, did another round of upholstery shampoo on the more stubborn spots and used Mothers VLR on all the vinyl stuff. Shiny.

Tman

Reaction score
Bought a brush guard, just have to paint it then install it

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my roof rack 70% done yesterday, bought a midland 1001z cb and 5 foot firestik today

Outofideas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pushed mine to the back of the shop. :(. Heads came back today. Just waiting on all the gaskets and stuff to get back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FINALLY put the front driveshaft back in. It's been too friggin hot to work in the garage for weeks.

Took it out to test, and everything seems to be working great.

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put 2 10'' MTX thunder 4000 subs, a Sound Ordinance box ($80) in the cargo area, building the cargo tray from previous threads to increase the space. loving the bass right now lol. sounds amazing and i still have 56 things on my iphone list to fix/change in the libby (pics up tomorrow after the hangover/rehydrating) lol