What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plumbed in the in-radiator transmission cooler along with the inline cooler that came from the factory. I'll be trying to find the HD cooling fan shroud so I can install the viscous clutch and mechanical fan.

Since I couldn't do the shroud I changed the engine oil and the ATF+4 in the transfer case. The case was due for a change and the front & rear diff oil will be changed when I regear later this month.

Interesting day!

Bob

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed that aussie locker in the rear end. Way easier than I thought it would be. Took 3.5 hours with an hour for rtv to set. I think I could do it in about 30 mins without running back and forth to the instructions just to clarify. Completely satisfied with the performance over an hour of driving on roads. Ill give it a couple of hundred then put it to the trails.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week, I painted the rear everything, pounded driver side pinch weld but needed bigger hammer to finish other side. Plastic welding it back up wasn't too bad with the heat gun and a orbital sander.

Greased slide pins on front brakes, were a bit coagulated.

Remounted spare tire brackets after paint, flipped tire carrier and mounted new spare.

and Today one month after 5 years of ownership, Coolant flush, wheel alignment and new pcv valve.

Already for summer.

Still to do, repaint upfront and fix trans skid plate nutsert and i'm done for a while. New fender height numbers to come, am still a bit nose down.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This week I took Mr. Darcy to Western Auto (not crazy about that part, but it had to be done) and got new brake pads all around and all new rotors and convinced the guy to put the tires back on in different places (great trick to get a free rotation lol). I also had them fix my turn signal and brake light. Then I went to the car wash and had all the grease washed off :)

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered new window brackets from amazon for the passenger front one that broke yesterday. I went ahead with both front ones since the backs are metal now. The guy called me and suggested I replace them with the new mopar design and save 25 bucks since he hasn't had any problems with them and they latch on instead of screw into the worm gear. I took the deal and he changed it. Awesome customer service by calling on a Saturday evening and suggesting a way to save money. I hope this ends well.

jmnetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man, busy day...

* Installed cruise control kit ordered from Jeepsareus (part discontinued by MOPAR). Works perfectly! (Thanks Tinkrr for the text instructions you gave me, I'm sure the pictures in the MOPAR instructions are really good but I couldn't always figure them out without the help from your message...)
* Changed oil from 'whatever-the-car-dealer-put-in' to Mobil 1 Extended Performance
* Opened back-passenger door panel to fix the interior handle
* Shampooed a bunch of the upholstery. I know, battle I can't win...

Whew. All work and no wheeling makes jmnetus a dull boy.

Last edited:

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
disassembled front sway bar on saturday and retorqued.

Drove it for a while disconnected. It got put back on.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HJ, the install on UCAs isn't too bad. Afterall, I swapped mine, and alot of folks say I'm an idiot.:shrug:
Most of it is just wiggling and bending to get to the bolts. A few extensions, a woblby or two and a bit of patience and you'll be fine.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked mine up from the dealer. Had the rear control arm recall performed. Gonna have to find a hitch for it now...traded in the van for a new one, and the old van was my trailer hauler (was our only vehicle with a hitch. :))