What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez, you'd think the AC on these things was held together with silly string. Unbelievable how many of them have a problem...we've replaced the compressor in my BILs '03 and his cousin's '06 in the last month. BILs was a compressor seal leak and bad clutch, cousin's was just a bad clutch. We kept that compressor and are going to replace the clutch to keep it on the shelf for the next one that craps out (our '05 or another cousin's '02).

Fortunately, he's an HVAC-R master and has all the tools required.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How has that been working for you? Its 15$ for my local midas to fix a flat so I have always been using them.

I plug all my own flats. No problems. Don't have big chain repair shops here. There's enough plugs in a kit to do a dozen tires.

Best part is I can fix my flat just as fast as putting on the spare tire.

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had lots of fun this weekend... Installed Ipod Integration kit. Works awesome with the RB1. The shoche adapter someone told me to buy to charge newer ipods and iphone does not work with the system. It charges but it won't play the music (the RB1 does not recognize the iphone with the adapter installed).

I also changed the transmission position sensor on top of the transmission. It reads correctly now. While I had the center console out I installed my Ham Radio with remote mount faceplate. Looks great.

I also removed the factory roof rails and installed Rocky Road Outfitter Steel rails with Yakima Mega Warrior.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave her a wash before it got too hot out. Ordered more parts. Now I'm hiding in AC waiting for my front CV to show up.

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove home from work to find her sitting in the drive way, showed it off to my family for the first time.

Skorn

Reaction score
Just purchased my 04 last Friday. But what I did today was Drove it to work.

But major thing I did since Friday was took the wiper arms off and gave them a good coat of flat black to bring them back to life after they were faded. Happy Tho.

Skorn

Reaction score
.. and what did you use to remove the wiper arms? huh huh?

P.S. Welcome!

Not sure what you mean by remove? But here's how I did it. I took a screw driver and took off the cap revealing a bolt which was 5/8". Then I took a 5/8" socket removed the nut and used brute strength and wiggle to get them off. Then I sanded them down washed them and prime and paint. After dry I placed back on and used the 5/8" socket once again and tighten them down. HAHA.

Skorn

Reaction score
I see a great future for you :D .. you've been here 10 minutes and already helped somebody :happy175:

I've played in the VW community for 10+years. It currently went to crap so out of the game I went and now I'm going to the jeep side. Plus Me nearing in on 30 doesn't look to well in a Bagged Vw anymore. haha.

Ps. Glad to help.:popcorn:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've played in the VW community for 10+years. It currently went to crap so out of the game I went and now I'm going to the jeep side. Plus Me nearing in on 30 doesn't look to well in a Bagged Vw anymore. haha.

So there are certain ages that you have to move on from modifying your ride?
Had a guy tell me here a while back that I would have to give my toys up when it came time to buy a house etc, then he added and OH after you get over 45.
Had to laugh at the look on his face when I told him, I already bought a house, was way over 45 and was still playing with 4WDs

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score

Ha, ThunderbirdJunkie bought a Jetta when his used up KJ finally gave up the ghost.

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites