What did you do to your jeep today?

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by TheQ, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Aceofspades

Aceofspades Full Access Member

Going to have to screen shot your posts for further reference. Thanks

Local guy selling a set wrapped in new tires for a good deal.

2. Jo6pak

Jo6pak Full Access Member

I love the KO2s I have on my Grand:cool:

3. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

Changed the oil and filled up the windshield washer tank. I changed the oil a few days before my husband started driving it every day....and apparently he never changed it since. So it was about 8,500 miles at the change o_O

4. Birdman330

Birdman330 Full Access Member

Did some programming, which rear fogs are now active just need to put the switch and rear wiring harness in. I'm surprised because the dealership I'm ordering parts from is ACTUALLY selling me the parts!

Turn Signals set to Export, no more stop/turn combination
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Programmed the fogs to stay on with the high beams.
    [​IMG]

5. Kal-El

Kal-El Full Access Member

Dang it... the hi side hose of my A/C sprung a leak. Time to fire up the You-Tube...

6. sota

sota Full Access Member

I've always personally hated vehicles that had RED turn signals instead of YELLOW.

7. JasonJ

JasonJ Full Access Member

A few days ago I soldered in a switching 1/8" audio aux input jack to my RBQ radio... It works. I feel the line input level should be higher.. my phone volume is maxed and I still need to turn the Jeep radio up in volume from regular FM or CD mode. Hmmm...

May also try to tap into the plug for the satellite radio option (which I don't have installed). I found the 10 pin plug exists on the back of my radio, so I could go that way and have the aux in be a separate mode instead of interrupting the FM signal.

Waiting to see how it holds up and what I do with the inputs before i go drilling the mounting hole, so of course the center stack of my dash is disassembled.

[​IMG]

8. Whelan

Whelan Full Access Member

oil changes on both cars, plugs being replaced tonight, air filter for the Liberty. Did the driver side post cat O2 sensor to fix a repeat code and have a Mopar CP sensor on the way. Simple replacement and this should all help with a diagnosed issue.

9. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Jason, re weak line input, you can try a mini portable headphone booster, I have a boostaroo, & works great, clean tiny $25 amp, just a thought for you.

JasonJ likes this.
  10. JasonJ

A great idea! I also need to refoam my front speakers.. that could be causing some lower than expected volume as well. But the discrepancy between my aux in and CD or FM is noticeable, so doubt that's it.

I should be able to build my own portable headphone amp too.. go find a schematic online.

11. sota

sota Full Access Member

the wife has had a CD changer input to aux jack adapter for over a decade. it works great and it's a lot easier/cleaner adaptation.

JasonJ likes this.
  12. JasonJ

I'm aware of those.. Terk made a very nice one. Not made any longer from my research, although used ones show up on eBay from time to time- sometimes close to $80. An FM Modulator would also work, but sound quality can suffer. They were used for iPod integration as well.

I have the in-dash 6 disc changer.. so my 10 pin plug would have been for the sat radio.. same plug thought, I believe. If I could have gotten my hands on one of those instead, I would have done that.

Here's the unit I'm thinking of:

http://store.xmfanstore.com/texmforchvex.html

13. GitEmSteveDave

GitEmSteveDave Full Access Member

Took it for an oil change. Of course, now she has a "dripping oil pan leak". I asked why it wasn't noticed when they changed the oil a few months ago and/or why it hasn't dripped in my parking spot at work (the only leak I have seen recently is PS from the cold snap ~2 months ago), and they had no answers. Off to my mechanic tomorrow to get a quote.

Since I can't search "oil pan" on the forum b/c the words are too short, is it an easy job? How do they rust out, since they are covered in oil?

14. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Check the plug first, a lot of those places screw up the plugs putting them in
    As far as changing the oil pan , drop front diff and it is right there then
    otherwise it's worse than going to dinner with your ex-mother in law

HoosierJeeper likes this.
  15. sota

sota Full Access Member

started pulling the driver's side knuckle apart to replace the lower ball joint.
    then the wife came home with pizza.

16. wheeee32

wheeee32 Full Access Member

Replaced the outer tie rods. Easy job. Only took me an hour from driving into the hobby shop to driving out.

17. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

I have the Grom audio aux input kit - it works absolutely perfectly and the unit fits behind the bezel.
    https://gromaudio.com/store/aux1_adapters/chrysler-dodge-jeep-aux-cable-input-car-stereo-kit.html

18. Birdman330

Birdman330 Full Access Member

Personally I have not understood why Jeep did the Stop/Turn for the US Canada and Mexico Market where the rest of the export market had amber turn signals. There's no difference in the light units, though the export market outside of Canada and Mexico do have a different outer brake light same design, same harnesses different part number, seen right there in the pics. I just reprogrammed the BCM, not even one minute on the laptop and the job was done. Most of the time was changing the light bulb out. All previous GC's had Amber turn Signals right up to the WK, and current WK2 for the US market. The Cherokee did as well, including the Liberty but now current Cherokee does not. Now the Compass has switchbacks like the new RAM's.

19. sota

sota Full Access Member

got the driver's side taken apart. upper and lower ball joints are out. I'll start putting it all back together again tomorrow.

20. GitEmSteveDave

GitEmSteveDave Full Access Member

This place was recommended by a user here, and when I made this appointment, I made sure to tell the guy the reason I was traveling so far was their not "ugga-duggaing" the oil pan bolt.

I'm gonna drive by my normal mechanic and get a quote on the oil pan and the rear u joints. I was also warned about my serp belt, but the field manual says horizontal cracks are OK, but I'll replace it on my own. Who makes the best belt?