What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The Owners without notice certainly did spring this one suddenly upon us.
I'm hoping to see possible multiple available views, maybe even menu driven, time will tell.
Lets see whats all up, after it is all loaded.
Possibly we could request a classic view, I don't know what really is going on yet..

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought coolant, and this is gonna sound stupid, but is this the one on the right the right/same coolant?

You must be registered for see images attach

I just picked it up to top off, and the change in colors/styles and the missing dash in the formula made me worry. The kid at AdvAuto said they changed over a year ago, but I know the bottle on the left was only bought in mid 2018.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Both Hoat G05 -one on left is 50/50 premixed- One on the Right may not be 50/50 it may be full strength, look on back for clarification. Use distilled water to mix if needed.
I had a good laugh on your headrest cover, even from the back..what does it look like from the front..ha ha..

TorrentIV

A Leaf on the Wind
Reaction score
Managed to lose tread blocks somehow...
On a totally unrelated note, the liberty's physics get interesting once you hit 85. Concerning at 100. Terrifying at 108.
Also, I'm a new member again?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Managed to lose tread blocks somehow...
On a totally unrelated note, the liberty's physics get interesting once you hit 85. Concerning at 100. Terrifying at 108.
Also, I'm a new member again?

I was on my way to having 2000 likes showing on the counter up top, now I'm back to 5...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The Owners without notice certainly did spring this one suddenly upon us.
I'm hoping to see possible multiple available views, maybe even menu driven, time will tell.
Lets see whats all up, after it is all loaded.
Possibly we could request a classic view, I don't know what really is going on yet..

Wonder when they will get this crap straightened out
We do the day to day for free and without notice they screw it up
I have names for people like that

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll restate it but all links are broken. So you can’t search from outside the site.
Hopefully that gets fixed soon
Example
Google “tire size jeepkj.com” and it’s a broken link.
Hopefully it gets fixed cause I needed some info people had replied here with.

Last edited:

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both Hoat G05 -one on left is 50/50 premixed- One on the Right may not be 50/50 it may be full strength, look on back for clarification. Use distilled water to mix if needed.
I had a good laugh on your headrest cover, even from the back..what does it look like from the front..ha ha..
Yeah, I bought the concentrate, since I always carry at least a gallon of distilled in the back. I just wanted to make sure it was the correct coolant with all the label changes.

It's a horse head. I got it for Halloween from Wal-Mart, and stuck it there after wearing it, and just never moved it. People get a kick out of it, and it's not in the way(most times). Here's what the front looks like:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got Jeepin By Al circa 2014 upper control arms in need of ball joints. do they take the same K9262 joint as the current production ones? Sadly I'm unable to find my electronic invoice to get more details about which ones they are.

eta: ok I finally did find my email invoice. sadly it says nothing about which A-arms are in the kit, other than it being the OME 1.50" lift kit from that era.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got Jeepin By Al circa 2014 upper control arms in need of ball joints. do they take the same K9262 joint as the current production ones? Sadly I'm unable to find my electronic invoice to get more details about which ones they are.

eta: ok I finally did find my email invoice. sadly it says nothing about which A-arms are in the kit, other than it being the OME 1.50" lift kit from that era.
Yes they take the same ones, go for the rebuildable ones , they do great

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tell me more about how they're rebuildable, and how much it costs to rebuild them, please?
I mean, Moog K6292 joints are like $25ea. If rebuild kits cost that much or more, I'm not inclined to see the benefit.

eta: I found pricing on JBA...
new rebuildable joints (mine are the older style, and are not) are $61ea.
rebuild kit (2 joints) is $62.60
so it's $122 right now. I can go two more sets of moog's before I'd break even. and I'd still be behind the 8ball every time I'd need to rebuild. that's assuming the new joints and rebuild kits last as long as the moog sets. even if they last longer, I'm still 10+ years on comparative usage for the upper joints, over the same cost/time-frame.

Last edited:

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Photo uploading is easy, now!

Here's a picture of the window piece that didn't work alongside the broken original.

I'm liking this update. It's the same software as another forum I'm on. It will take some getting used to for those infamilliar, but it is a more user friendly system, in my opinion.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tell me more about how they're rebuildable, and how much it costs to rebuild them, please?
I mean, Moog K6292 joints are like $25ea. If rebuild kits cost that much or more, I'm not inclined to see the benefit.

eta: I found pricing on JBA...
new rebuildable joints (mine are the older style, and are not) are $61ea.
rebuild kit (2 joints) is $62.60
so it's $122 right now. I can go two more sets of moog's before I'd break even. and I'd still be behind the 8ball every time I'd need to rebuild. that's assuming the new joints and rebuild kits last as long as the moog sets. even if they last longer, I'm still 10+ years on comparative usage for the upper joints, over the same cost/time-frame.

At half-price for the rebuildables... I can't see a benefit if the K6292's are half of that again (so long as their price stays consistent). If the rebuildable joints lasted twice as long, it's still a wash. They'd need to last 3x or longer to be of value- assuming there is not a strength or improvement to them that is actually needed or noticeable.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vBulletin hasn't been supported for YEARS. They didn't have any choice; they had to change the forum software and ZenForo imports forums set up in vBulletin.

Having said that, a skin somewhere in between the light theme and dark theme would be cool. Even better, it would be great if posts could be viewed on my iPad instead of having to grab the laptop to read posts while watching baseball.

Back to what I did...or, rather, what my husband did on Sunday:

As you can see, the left fender is a little bent down and in, but it's not too bad. At least the bumper cover is good and there are 2 foglights on the bumper again. He crunched it in November and I bought the bumper cover and foglight (with his card!) that same week.