What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
(Saturday) Drove it to the hardware store and bought a leaf blower.

(When you work from home you find your excitement where you can...)

I thought most people bought leaf blowers in the Fall to clean up leaves......LOL
Of course knowing you :hidesbehindsofa:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought most people bought leaf blowers in the Fall to clean up leaves...
Well, I'm not one to rush into things. Thought I'd let them season first. :bleh:

The real story is that I have a mulching mower which handled the job just fine in the fall of 2017 when I had just moved in. But last fall it rained twice a week (or more) and I could never get them dry enough at a time when I could run the mower. With 3/4 of an acre and lots of mature oaks I get tons of them.

The area in blue is mine. (The area in red is my neighbor, who chopped down every single tree and has been building a new house since July of 2017...)

You must be registered for see images attach

And yes, there is a house in there. And a garage and a shed and my famous woodrack...

Last edited:

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not one to rush into things. Thought I'd let them season first. :bleh:

The real story is that I have a mulching mower which handled the job just fine in the fall of 2017 when I had just moved in. But last fall it rained twice a week (or more) and I could never get them dry enough at a time when I could run the mower. With 3/4 of an acre and lots of mature oaks I get tons of them.

The area in blue is mine. (The area in red is my neighbor, who chopped down every single tree and has been building a new house since July of 2017...)

And yes, there is a house in there. And a garage and a shed and my famous woodrack...

Have you tried "Gator" blades? I live on a farm and used a 18hp Craftsman 42" deck to cut our paddocks, and those damn blades chew up everything. They have fins that throw up the cuttings to be cut again, and also have straight edges that are way easier to sharpen.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pounded the pinch welds ready for a new set of Hankook A/Ts 245/75 this arvo

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Burro II

Reaction score
(Saturday) Drove it to the hardware store and bought a leaf blower...

I used my leaf blower too this week. I had a lot of very large trees trimmed back from the house. Probably two cords of firewood in the logs. All the brush went into two burn piles.

Now this is all fresh cut green branches and leaves. So to start it I take my propane weed burner, set it at full throttle, shove it into the bottom of the stack and pull the trigger. It's like a mini Tomcat afterburner going off. The brush pile is in hot flames before you know it. Doesn't matter how green the stuff is. Poof! It's up in flames!

Then as the pile burns down to the larger stuff that needs some attention I poke it around with a pitch fork and then get the leaf blower. Set it on high and aim it at the base of the burning stuff. You end up with your own mini Chernobyl. Everything gets super hot super fast! Probably ten pickup truck loads of brush burned in about 4 hours. As fast as I could move branches from the feed pile to the burn piles.

Those leaf blowers are a real help! Had to get this yard job done so I could work on the Liberty!

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
(Saturday) Drove it to the hardware store and bought a leaf blower.

(When you work from home you find your excitement where you can...)

Some folks use leaf blowers to remove snow from their vehicles. Works better than the snow blower; go figure.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Was under my 03 a bit ago, thought it was sounding a little bit louder
I'm calling Jeep, dang muffler is starting to rust out, only 16 years old and 135,000 miles. Should at least last 20 years, right ??? :hmm::jester::anitoof:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

I only have 11 trees in the yard , the yards little over 4 acres, but then surrounded around the fence rows on 3 sides.
BUT,.......live up on a hill so all of mine pretty much get blown over in the pasture field so no worries
Now my place in Swanton I had at least 30 dump truck loads every fall would be burning leaves for 2 weeks, especially when my buddy that lived in Toledo brought his out as well :emotions122:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Late last summer I put together a 10'x10'x3' fence area for leaves and grass clippings. Dumped my 2017-2018 grass (which had been in a heap) into it to get it started. Rain packed it down to almost nothing. I got about half the yard done over the weekend and the leaves have filled it to overflowing. I might be going pyro too... :flame:

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took both kj's to the car wash to wash the undercarriage. The wifes 02 is almost rust free and my 07 is going to need some wire brushing and paint this spring.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Was under my 03 a bit ago, thought it was sounding a little bit louder
I'm calling Jeep, dang muffler is starting to rust out, only 16 years old and 135,000 miles. Should at least last 20 years, right ??? :hmm::jester::anitoof:

Everything should last, nothing should break.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got most of my drive line vibrations to go away. The rear driveshaft needed to be lengthened and then re balanced along with new U joints and the big harmonic disk on the rear driveshaft removed. And now I am less then 24 hours away from adding the 3rd 2004 Jeep Liberty to the collection.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally got most of my drive line vibrations to go away. The rear driveshaft needed to be lengthened and then re balanced along with new U joints and the big harmonic disk on the rear driveshaft removed. And now I am less then 24 hours away from adding the 3rd 2004 Jeep Liberty to the collection.

Lengthened , why ?

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally tore the rearwindow regulator apart. I ordered the '07 KJ kit, and found my jeep has a ball mount instead of a pin mount like the kit. Did I get the wrong kit, or does my '07 have the older style carrier?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally tore the rearwindow regulator apart. I ordered the '07 KJ kit, and found my jeep has a ball mount instead of a pin mount like the kit. Did I get the wrong kit, or does my '07 have the older style carrier?
I have an '07 (KJ) and it is hit or miss. The Liberty was changed in many ways beginning with the 2008 (KK) model year and they were already moving parts into the pipeline during the '07 production run. For instance, my PCV setup is similar to '08-'12 and not the '07 and earlier.

Can yo get a picture of your part? (The broken one.) Someone here will be able to tell you exactly what you need.*

*Whether the place you order it from will be accurate is anyone's guess. Parts distributors are just as confused as the rest of us. :console:

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '07 (KJ) and it is hit or miss. The Liberty was changed in many ways beginning with the 2008 (KK) model year and they were already moving parts into the pipeline during the '07 production run. For instance, my PCV setup is similar to '08-'12 and not the '07 and earlier.

Can yo get a picture of your part? (The broken one.) Someone here will be able to tell you exactly what you need.*

*Whether the place you order it from will be accurate is anyone's guess. Parts distributors are just as confused as the rest of us. :console:
Thanks. I can't post a picture on here from my phone. There was a wire tab I pulled and it released the ball stud. I at least know what I'm looking for, now.

Latest posts

Members online