What did you do to your jeep today?

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by TheQ, Feb 13, 2012.

1. profdlp

profdlp On The Ledge

I have an '07 (KJ) and it is hit or miss. The Liberty was changed in many ways beginning with the 2008 (KK) model year and they were already moving parts into the pipeline during the '07 production run. For instance, my PCV setup is similar to '08-'12 and not the '07 and earlier.

Can yo get a picture of your part? (The broken one.) Someone here will be able to tell you exactly what you need.*

*Whether the place you order it from will be accurate is anyone's guess. Parts distributors are just as confused as the rest of us. :console:

2. CherokeeLiberty

CherokeeLiberty Full Access Member

Thanks. I can't post a picture on here from my phone. There was a wire tab I pulled and it released the ball stud. I at least know what I'm looking for, now.

3. profdlp

profdlp On The Ledge

Just be careful when ordering. The picture on the website may not be accurate. That's how I ended up having to buy a second PCV valve.

4. CherokeeLiberty

I've run into that before. This is the same seller I bought from before, so I feel safe with it.

5. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Normal Saturday
    took parents out for breakfast in the 05 and gassed it up, the new tires ride great, no tire noise, ride well
    came back, oil, filter( s) grease ball joints , rotate tires check all over the 03
    next power washer comes out to hose out underneath and wash it.
    Then back inside the garage to start clay bar, waxing ..........well maybe tomorrow LOL
    Yep talked myself out of it today ..............................
    :friday:

6. Birdman330

Birdman330 Full Access Member

Part numbers can be tricky as well, as I found out that the facelift Export Tail Light was the same Part Number as the Domestic Tail Light so when I ordered it I got a regular instead.

7. Burro II

Burro II Full Access Member

Recalls Completed

I picked up the Burro from the dealer today. They had finished the trailer hitch install and rear suspension arm replacement.

Looks good and sounds less thumpy on the road.

8. renegade 04

renegade 04 Full Access Member

Just got everything set with the new 2004 Liberty. Just needs a new bumper, grille, drivers front fender then I will have 2 running Liberties.

9. Burro II

I pick up a rear window at the JY

The back light on my Liberty was etched by a wiper arm. Some DA PO was just careless with maintenance.

Found a 2006 'gade with nice glass. Dark tint like I have. Swing gate was gone, but the glass was there.

Interior was pretty well stripped. Had only been at the yard about 10 days.

I was hoping for some factory mats, but the fronts were worn through and the rears were gone.

10. tommudd

I hate rear wiper blades
    the 04 I removed the first week, ( September 04 )
    rest of them ( 03 and 05 ) have theirs disconnected just in case someone tries to use them
    Hate to see those scratches/ streak marks etc

11. CherokeeLiberty

I got the XJ woken up today. It needed a new battery. I also tried to fit the wheels and tires from it on the Liberty. It was a definite no go, but I wanted to try, anyways.

The KJ will get a new u-joint in the driveshaft this weekend. I also noticed there's a little play in the t-case-end CV on the front driveshaft. I watched the driveshaft input and the collar around it and there was enough play to make a tinking noise. How bad of a fix is that going to be?

12. tommudd

Rear CV on the front drive shaft is easy, takes longer to remove it than to repair it
    www.driveshaftparts.com

13. Burro II

Two Way Radio Mount Installed

Today I fabricated a simple but sturdy mount for my VHF/UHF handheld two way radio.

This was made from a heavy plastic drinking cup that fits into the cup holder. Holes, notches, and zip ties hold the small wood clip board in just the right place and angle in the cup. Radio clips right onto the board and positioned by notches in the board for the belt clip.

All works well! Not in the way, steady, and very reachable.

[​IMG]

14. Jo6pak

Jo6pak Full Access Member

Ordered bits for it..

15. dakeegss

dakeegss New Member

Wrecked my liberty

So last week I was leaving the tire shop after getting a quote on new wheels and tires, driving in some rain that I probably shouldn't have (because my current tires have little life left in them) and hydroplaned into another car stopped at an intersection straight on. While the other car was scuffed up and the rear bumper got knocked out of place, my front end shattered and the radiator got packed like sardines in a can. As far as I know, the only fluid to leak out was ATF+4 from the radiator. The radiator crushed the cooling fan but as far as I can see, the belt assembly and cylinders were untouched, and oil levels haven't dropped at all. The only damage I can see to the frame is that tiny dent smack dab in the middle. I was wondering if y'all think she's worth fixing as I'm just another broke college student that can't afford a new car at the moment. Wil add additional photos in the comments.

Attached Files:

16. dakeegss

dakeegss New Member

More pictures

Additional pictures

Attached Files:

• J6.jpg
      J6.jpg
      File size:
      48.6 KB
      Views:
    • J7.jpg
      J7.jpg
      File size:
      29.8 KB
      Views:
    • J8.jpg
      J8.jpg
      File size:
      45.1 KB
      Views:
    • J9.jpg
      J9.jpg
      File size:
      36 KB
      Views:
    • J10.jpg
      J10.jpg
      File size:
      36.4 KB
      Views:
  17. dakeegss

dakeegss New Member

Last set of pictures

Final batch of photos

Attached Files:

• J11.jpg
      J11.jpg
      File size:
      53.2 KB
      Views:
    • J12.jpg
      J12.jpg
      File size:
      44.8 KB
      Views:
    • J13.jpg
      J13.jpg
      File size:
      19.7 KB
      Views:
  18. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Sorry to hear about your hydroplane mishap.
    I suppose as long as no one was hurt, that is really what counts.
    Even though I am not an insurance adjuster, that unfortunately is a lot of damage to repair.

19. JasonJ

JasonJ Full Access Member

I agree with LTC... that is a lot of damage.. you'd have to cut out and weld in the entire core support to trust that it's solid enough.

Suddenly $600 for tires or $1000 for an ARB (that likely would have prevented that chassis damage) seems like a good investment. Hard sometimes, I know... but for those who are still in the position, consider it.

That's really unfortunate dak'. Looks really clean underside too, not seeing a ton of corrosion. Was a clean KJ. If it's totalled, and ins. gives you a check for it (assuming full coverage), I'd consider putting it towards another KJ.

20. halligan_honey

halligan_honey New Member

I just figured out I've gotta replace the radiator... top 1/4 gets hot, the rest is ice cold. I'm saying blockage of some sort... she did sit for a good 6 months so gunk definitely had a chance to build up, and the radiator in her is off a parts Jeep... let's hope this is the last I HAVE to do for a while...

Mind you, this is after I've basically overhauled her. Water pump, power steering pump, oil and transmission pans/filters, exhaust and muffler, thermostat, and now this.:shocked: