What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another piece for the upcoming MLU (mid life upgrade) showed up today....

A true-trac from Northridge4x4 :gr_grin:
(coupon code, free shipping, and and no provincial tax)

Going to rebuild the diffs with 3.73's, and swap in an NP242 (for the AWD) at the same time. :sawzall:

Last edited by a moderator:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another piece for the upcoming MLU (mid life upgrade) showed up today....

A true-trac from Northridge4x4 :gr_grin:
(coupon code, free shipping, and and no provincial tax)

Going to rebuild the diffs with 3.73's, and swap in an NP242 (for the AWD) at the same time. :sawzall:

1) do a full write up thread on this.
2) this is relevant to my interest/needs/wants/desires.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bought a used lawn mower, hauled it home,mowed my 5 acres, neighbor stopped by and bought it. :emotions34: That will teach me to only add 150 bucks over what I paid for it. Back out to hunt for another one, found another, hauled it home, another guy stops by, wants to trade a larger one he has, for my number 2, has small yard and his is too big he says, so hauled Number 2 to his place for him to try out. But went ahead and found another, and its for sale right now , price was right so why not, right.
So the 03 hauled 3 different mowers today , hope to end up with at least one tomorrow :happy175:

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
yep... ohio is a strange state

Just enjoy buying, trading and/or selling
Though I remember buying 63 Chevys for what used lawn mowers now cost though
Buy,clean them up, sell, trade, whatever
Better than wasting money on some other things some do! :icon_razz::gr_grin:

gfmadden330

Reaction score
Well, its spring. Or sorta, my driveway( 5miles) is soft, mud/slush. Had a little fun... oh and the guy that keeps parking next to me, got towed the other day, not sure what broke, but it's back on the road...

Ohh, FYI, I live sorta off grid, or well, building my off grid home. So hopefully the liberty will take the beating my road puts it through, got video, if I can figure out how to post it.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it through a wicked snow/ice storm. Was fun. This better be the last one tho... time for mud

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Normally I do my own oil changes, but decided last Fri to get it done as it was a bit overdue. I used gorilla duct tape to cover the steering rack bushing before job.
Up on the lift, I can see the new young dude looking around for the oil filter..kopkrab.gif
Ya it's got skids and kinda hidden in there, let me help ya..
With flashlight, I show him from the front how to access it, and watch for electrical pressure connector.
Now the idea is to unscrew it slightly and allow it to drain from the drip channel on skid, then just use a rag to plug/cover filter end as you pull it out, so less oil gets spilled.
He did a good job, oiled the oil filter gasket, & tightened it properly.
At fill time, even tho I had removed the oil filler baffle, I showed him how on Liberty's the baffle fits & to remove it before filling on mine only as it has no PCV on filler neck.
After Job was done he stated kinda cool the way they designed the skids, with drip channel & hole for proper draining from oil pan plug. Not often do we see them with the skids, oh & nice lifted Jeep!
It was a good thing I was there, and I take it he learned a few things about our sweet KJ's. :)

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost 400 mile round trip this weekend. Got about 385 miles on the tank so almost 22 mpg. I'll take it considering the wind conditions over the mountains in PA. And made it home before the "whatever" moves in from the west...

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost 400 mile round trip this weekend. Got about 385 miles on the tank so almost 22 mpg. I'll take it considering the wind conditions over the mountains in PA. And made it home before the "whatever" moves in from the west...
There are mountains in PA?:gr_grin:

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it through a wicked snow/ice storm. Was fun. This better be the last one tho... time for mud

Drove through the same storm in Maine. Made for a slippery ride down the driveway and over the hill to the plowed roads. First time driving on ice like that, ever...in the jeep, and in my life. The Jeep handled it like a champ.

You must be registered for see images attach

See why I call her "Marshmallow"

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the PCV system to the 2007 setup. Hopefully now that the PCV valve won't get clogged by the yellow gunk anymore, that will somewhat reduce the engine's oil usage.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did what it does best: haul things.
this time groceries.