What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
790s. wound up going to a shop that does ambulances and bigger pickups/rigs who had the right tool for the job.

Thought thats what you had , When we were doing my 790s one of them took off out across the floor, scared the guy doing them pretty good

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ever Wonder Where Trac-Loc sticker is?

I think I found what is left of mine..:gr_grin:
61440[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

More brush painting of the passenger side brake support/backing plates today.
Now what do I use?
3-in 1 oil or dry graphite spray for the parking brake lever/cable ends?

Attachments

• PitXp5z.jpg
    PitXp5z.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 0

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I found what is left of mine..:gr_grin:

More brush painting of the passenger side brake support/backing plates today.
Now what do I use?
3-in 1 oil or dry graphite spray for the parking brake lever/cable ends?

:Bye:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why new lifters?
Ticking noise at startup that would go away after a minute on really cold days. Did a step by step trouble shoot and that was the last thing it ended up being. The engine was running fine. I read up on it further and it appears to be a common thing on the 3.7.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ticking noise at startup that would go away after a minute on really cold days. Did a step by step trouble shoot and that was the last thing it ended up being. The engine was running fine. I read up on it further and it appears to be a common thing on the 3.7.

Sure it wasn't a bad ADBV on an oil filter?

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost to the end of our cross-country road trip, and the Jeep has done great. Towing a 6x10 cargo trailer. 4500mi, 102 hours, 9.4mpg, and 16 states. In NJ now, few more miles and states to go to the final destination of Maine. It's been one hell of an incredible adventure.

Asheville, NC
You must be registered for see images

Taos, NM

Lake Powell, AZ (UT?)

Moab, UT

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a HF welder. Much easier to learn on this vs the old MG130 I tried using. Never really welded before so open to critique. 1/8th" steel, 75/25 gas, 0.30 wire, wirefeed was 248ipm, and17.5v.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a HF welder. Much easier to learn on this vs the old MG130 I tried using. Never really welded before so open to critique. 1/8th" steel, 75/25 gas, 0.30 wire, wirefeed was 248ipm, and17.5v.

Those welds look great to me. What did you not like about the MG130 and what is better about the HF Vulcan?

I'm considering picking up my own HF welder to toy with. FIL just bought a Hobart 130 though.. but he's not going to ever use it himself.. I know it. He bought it plus all the accessories I think "just to have". Which means when he needs something welded he'll ask me, because I have a clue how- not that I am a real welder at all.

His money I guess... but I'd hate to have to go over there and borrow it when I could use a cheap wire feed welder to tack the one or two things a year I would want welded.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score

search for weldingtipsandtricks on youtube, a ton of great videos and a good resource for learning.

my advice for beginners:

• use good wire, lincoln or miller brand has always worked well for me,

use good clean metal, get a couple of cheap grinders and set them up with different flap wheels and wire wheels, and clean everything before you practice.

get good PPE, a long sleeve welding jacket or shirt, good hood, gloves, nothing polyester, you want cotton or FR materials, starting yourself on fire *****, having waterproof fire on your skin ***** more.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ definitely use good wire. Do NOT, under any circumstances, use HF wire.

Clean everything, then clean it again. Make sure your ground is good.

Oh, and wear leather shoes. Welding sparks go right through nylon or whatever sneakers are now. Hurts like a b&tch, so don't do it.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used brake rotors make GREAT practice surfaces.
all the holes will let you practice rosettes nicely. :D
also I like to keep scraps of various metal around, to warm up on when I need to weld things together.

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my lunchbox installed in the rear (and love it!) with no noise that I can hear.....Replacing lower control arms in rear and couple other things tomorrow.

Jim

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't done much with the jeep lately, been spending all my money on tools. hoping to tackle some rust on the rockers and door seams when the weather gets better.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my lunchbox installed in the rear (and love it!) with no noise that I can hear.....Replacing lower control arms in rear and couple other things tomorrow.

Jim

which one?

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trying to figure out which line coming from the radiator has a minor leak. the joys of older cars.

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change them all, they're probably due anyway. Problem solved.

thats been my philosophy since getting the car. just going through and replacing parts and changing fluids. i think its the trans cooler line that is leaking at the rubber hose. and it seems from reading that i cant just cut the line and replace the section with new hose.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.