What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess Tom is correct. Those old mountains are more like hills to many of you. If you run I81 from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area to say Ravine or Pine Grove you know the plateau...:gr_grin:
Sounds like a very nice area!

This was on an old switch back -summer only logging road, climbing up to 3200 feet. Gave the Jeep a solid workout!
61506[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

I remember the cooling fans going full tilt @ 240F, so I lifted the hood to allow it to cool down..what an awesome view!

Attachments

• Bix5W9A.jpg
    Bix5W9A.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent the weekend running trails with the Walapai 4 Wheelers in Kingman Arizona at their (now mine, as I joined) 40th Annual Ghost Town Jamboree, was terrific fun! Was concerned about the front not being lifted yet but the Libby did great and infact one hill was giving a Cherokee trouble, took him several times trying to get it, my lil Libby walked right up that hill over the rocks and crevices like it was a goat! I was "Beeming" all day.

Jim

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
135,085 miles, Oil and filter change (local walmart had Mopar filters on clearance, got two for the KJ for $4 each).

Also replaced spark plugs, took the old Autolite XP's out, put in NGK ZFR6F-11G plugs, as it should be. Much quicker starts and smoother operation, getting better fuel econ as well.

BUT, now I get ignition noise on the radio on less than super strong stations... I can literally hear each spark event pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop

Anyone ever have that happen?

I had that happen on my 02 years ago and it suddenly stopped. Never figured it out but just like you described. Are those "grounds" that go to the center of the area below the cowl intact and well connected to the back of the heads?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that happen on my 02 years ago and it suddenly stopped. Never figured it out but just like you described. Are those "grounds" that go to the center of the area below the cowl intact and well connected to the back of the heads?

Looked fine when I was under there, but it's possible one could have gotten bumped, especially when I moved the coolant reservoir out of the way. Will have to recheck.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a used lawn mower, hauled it home,mowed my 5 acres, neighbor stopped by and bought it. :emotions34: That will teach me to only add 150 bucks over what I paid for it. Back out to hunt for another one, found another, hauled it home, another guy stops by, wants to trade a larger one he has, for my number 2, has small yard and his is too big he says, so hauled Number 2 to his place for him to try out. But went ahead and found another, and its for sale right now , price was right so why not, right.
So the 03 hauled 3 different mowers today , hope to end up with at least one tomorrow :happy175:

Meanwhile I mowed 12 acres of horse paddocks with the same Craftsman 18hp for 10+ years and no one could find a upgrade. When it finally died, we went through 3 ****** mowers that could barely handle tall grass.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would almost take offense to that but its true since Mt. Davis is the highest point and is a hill compared to others.

My perspective tends to be different since I lived in Colorado for years plus I've been through a lot of the Rocky Mountains, Sierra Nevadas and the Suisse Alps.

Akley88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
removed the front sway bar to get better access to the transmission cooler lines to replace them.

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's more fun to draw outside the lines!
Besides, Jeeps don't get stick; they just stop to pose for photos:gr_grin:

Certainly was fun! I'm such a noob when it comes to snow. Growing up in the Southeast, then living in the SF Bay Area for the last decade, has left me thinking sandals are an appropriate winter shoe choice. Gonna be a lot of learning for me to do come next winter.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After sending multiple emails over the span of ~a month about the problems with my Jeep to the dealership, I shamed them on Twitter and also sent copies of the emails to any manager I could find a email for on their website.

Got a response back in under an hour!

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

We'll see after they look at it. The warranty technically expired today, But I have had complaints since ~2 weeks after I got it, and even brought it in, but the mechanic claimed he couldn't check codes unless the CEL was on, despite me telling him the codes from the reader I bought. There's other problems as well, like no e-brake and bad oil leaks.

Latest posts

Members online