What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samsolo49

Reaction score
Only thing I'm aware of is synthetic oil, and keep it clean. Don't be late on your oil changes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Although it is the highest mile 3.7 I've seen, but still runs like a top so I expect more.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
getting really tired of your ****, mother nature.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced all 4 O2 sensors. What an absolute *#@* of a job that turned into. 8 hours later it's done. Just removing the sensors was a spiritual experience. Then undoing the cheap ass plastic clips was another ordeal. The 2 sensors on the passenger side (driver side USA) were the worst. I couldn't reach the clips as they were to high up in the undercarriage and my hands couldn't reach. I ended up splicing the wires into the new sensors.
Drivers side clipped together fine, after much cursing.
My o2 sensor codes are gone now, so that's nice.

Last edited:

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced all 4 O2 sensors. What an absolute *#@* of a job that turned into. 8 hours later it's done. Just removing the sensors was a spiritual experience. Then undoing the cheap ass plastic clips was another ordeal. The 2 sensors on the passenger side (driver side USA) were the worst. I couldn't reach the clips as they were to high up in the undercarriage and my hands couldn't reach. I ended up splicing the wires into the new sensors.
Drivers side clipped together fine, after much cursing.
My o2 sensor codes are gone now, so that's nice.

If you ever have to replace the upstream O2 sensors again, just disconnect the exhaust downpipes at the manifold. With the 05-07 exhaust that's super easy. I believe the earlier years all use a V-clamp that's a real pain to deal with, but the 05-07 simple uses bolts to keep the flanges on the pipe and manifold together.
Disconnecting the pipes gives you enough wiggle room to get to those connectors pretty easily.

Weird that you had an issue with the downstream one on the left. My 05 has that connector literally right on top of the trans cross member, it's the easiest one of all four to get to.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird that you had an issue with the downstream one on the left. My 05 has that connector literally right on top of the trans cross member, it's the easiest one of all four to get to.

Yea that one was different. Seems the last person who changed it spliced the wires as there is no connector visible. So that was one of the two that I spliced together.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trick to removing the Oxygen sensors is to heat the sensor up with the propane torch and then cool the oxygen sensor off with water and repeat till you can remove it. This process brakes the rust, but if you are unlucky like me the stupid factory cross threaded the oxygen sensor and you need a acetylene torch to remove it.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've replaced one so far and I just did it after driving the KJ, it literally came right loose with the slightest heave of the breaker bar.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New lifters/lash adjusters, valve cover gaskets will be done tomorrow along with the new belt tensioner. Nut holding the factory one on wouldn't budge so had to give it a little lovin.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced all 4 O2 sensors. What an absolute *#@* of a job that turned into...

Yea that one was different. Seems the last person who changed it spliced the wires as there is no connector visible. So that was one of the two that I spliced together.

The trick to removing the Oxygen sensors is to heat the sensor up with the propane torch and then cool the oxygen sensor off with water and repeat till you can remove it. This process brakes the rust, but if you are unlucky like me the stupid factory cross threaded the oxygen sensor and you need a acetylene torch to remove it.

Sooner or later I am going to have to do these. (Hopefully later.) You guys are scaring me... confused2.gif

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Met a great guy from Louisiana today working in West Virginia with the Oil and gas craziness thats going on.
Got out at a local resturant and there sat a lifted CRD . Looked closer had JBA UCAs , little closer OME shocks and springs . Then the guy gets out . Bought lift, plus ARB bumper from JBA. had a shop install the lift and ARB with smittybilt winch. Took them over 30 hours :emotions34: when he told me what he paid I almost fell over . :Insane::Insane:
Great guy , he wants 4.10s installed so he'll call me

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mighta taken me that long to do my lift install, only because I was working slow as shit.
also had to visit 4 shops to find one that would do the spring assembly. those heavy duty springs are a ***** to compress apparently.

finally plugged in the scan tool to look up the DTC thrown from plowing. P1607. Thinking one of the times I stalled it I must have hit the ignition switch too fast?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
mighta taken me that long to do my lift install, only because I was working slow as shit.
also had to visit 4 shops to find one that would do the spring assembly. those heavy duty springs are a ***** to compress apparently.

finally plugged in the scan tool to look up the DTC thrown from plowing. P1607. Thinking one of the times I stalled it I must have hit the ignition switch too fast?

The 927s or 790s , 790s can be a real PITA

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave her a wash

61436[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• nYj4Yub.jpg
    nYj4Yub.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
working in West Virginia with the Oil and gas craziness thats going on.

A month ago when we drove out to St Louis and back to pick up some antique outboard racing stuff, I stopped in WV at a Sheetz to fill up the tank while my husband went inside to get snacks.

Bunch of 5 guys obviously there for the oil/gas stuff were standing there looking at the touchscreens to order food - totally lost - and a Sheetz employee came over to help them, showing them what to do.

They'd never seen touchscreens or anything like it to order food before. My husband came out laughing pretty hard at the poor guys.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
were standing there looking at the touchscreens to order food - totally lost - and a Sheetz employee came over to help them, showing them what to do.

When I used to go in college you had to fill out little paper slips and hand them to the employee behind the counter. Chili dogs at 3am were soooooo good.