What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

concept_cody

Reaction score
I had planned on washing it since it was annihilated by a group of local a-hole birds, but there's a 90% chance of rain tomorrow so I just hosed off the bird butter and will do a thorough detail when the weather is in a better mood. But I did order my 13 inch antenna, so you could say things are getting pretty serious. Or at least a serious as a 4×2 can get

Jasonwd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Through a multitude of atrophy related problems our KJ Jolene has still never let us down. The rear glass sensor is shot, so the rear wiper has gone on strike and it’s extremely cold here.

With all this in mind, we got back in after the weekly shop, parked in a covered car park and I backed out.

Because I could see as much as a cataract inflicted 90 year old I smashed square on to a concrete stantion hiding behind the D pillar.

The result is a small difference in the gate shut line and another bloody dash warning to add to the comedy Christmas tree that is my gauge cluster

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still getting barely 12mpgs. I don’t understand it...
been keeping it washed daily thanks to my unlimited wash pass but with -10 daily temps and snowy roads I feel like the salt battle is still strong.

Trying to figure out my heat issue still. If I use the settings on the right side of the dial it’s warmish until I’m cruising for while then it’s hot. Slow down or at idle it’s warm again.
Tried the max recirculation , first setting up from the “off” and it seems to be much much better.
So what am I chasing here? Water pump replaced. Flushed. Thermostat replaced. Hot/cold motor fixed. Confused

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wish i had the gopro mounted on it on the 4th. I was doing donuts like crazy in it... deliberately. :D

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to replace the 4x4 shifter and cable today after work - nice and warm, so why not?

When I'd completely gotten the old one disconnected and was wiggling it out, I realized that the middle piece that snaps into the bracket had snapped OUT of the bracket and that's why didn't work - and why I thought the cable had snapped somewhere in the middle.

Thought, hell, I have the new one here, I'll just swap 'em anyway. Got the new one completely installed - transfer case end snapped on, collar piece snapped into the bracket and an extra wire tie holding it snug and was wiggling the handle back onto the studs when I saw....that the cable is about to come apart. One little piece of stranded wire left connected and the boot has come off the metal at the handle end.

CRAP.

Throw in the towel, put my toys away and get inside. I'll swap it back tomorrow and make sure the piece is secured in the bracket.

Guess I'm driving my van tomorrow instead.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered the 4link and dug the ss brake lines, rear LCAs, and front hub assemblies out of the random pile from moving. This 6 feet of snow we got in a week and PA's inability to plow is beating up the KJ

oh and sold the cragars

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why is my driver's front window glass rocking forward and jamming?

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I camped overnight. It poured down with rain during the night so that awning just paid for itself!

61011[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• bHvqcj8.jpg
    bHvqcj8.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Little trip yesterday down into West Virginia ( about 250 round trip )
Signed some paperwork, discussed upcoming events etc.
So starting a new chapter in my life.
Parents are 85 and 90, needing more help so moving closer to them for starters.
Then starting a new position ( Human Resources Director in a window manufacturing plant ), basically will be my own boss .
So more Jeep money, spend more time with my parents, we'll see how it goes. LOL
Saw 11 KJs and none modded at all :emotions34::Insane:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to replace the 4x4 shifter and cable today after work - nice and warm, so why not?

When I'd completely gotten the old one disconnected and was wiggling it out, I realized that the middle piece that snaps into the bracket had snapped OUT of the bracket and that's why didn't work - and why I thought the cable had snapped somewhere in the middle.

Thought, hell, I have the new one here, I'll just swap 'em anyway. Got the new one completely installed - transfer case end snapped on, collar piece snapped into the bracket and an extra wire tie holding it snug and was wiggling the handle back onto the studs when I saw....that the cable is about to come apart. One little piece of stranded wire left connected and the boot has come off the metal at the handle end.

CRAP.

Throw in the towel, put my toys away and get inside. I'll swap it back tomorrow and make sure the piece is secured in the bracket.

Guess I'm driving my van tomorrow instead.
Question
While you were working with the shifter cable and lever assembly - did you notice anything that could affect the lever from engaging and staying engaged? For example my 03 when you pull up to 4Hi it clicks in place and stays
My 02 clicks but the slightest touch or bump kicks it out and back into 2hi
Been a bit sketchy on these roads when it pops out unexpectedly

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I'd pop off the boot (snap at the top, putty knife to pop it up at the bottom) and see if the cable and its boot are securely connected.

It's sold as an assembly; you can't just replace one part (of course). If that end seems secure, it's time to get underneath and make sure the big part is secure in the bracket (fully, not just partly) and the end is fully secure on the shifter bump.

I'll take some pics tomorrow when I feel more like playing with this, but someone did just take a bunch of pics you might look at to replace his 4x4 sensor - and he did it from the top, so you can see all kinds of stuff.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally rained after a few dry months, so I let her sleep. I love sleeping through the rain so I figured she would too.

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to replacing my back glass lift supports...Holy cow that thing jumps out at me now.

Latest posts

Members online