What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found my PS fluid leak.
It's coming form the top of the rack where the hoses connect. Too cold in the garage to dig further...Hopefully, it's just a hose fitting (rack was replaced in 2013)

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a Spartan locker for the back. Going to toss that in tomorrow before wheeling Sunday.

HatterMT

Reaction score
Popped an 02 sensor CEL a couple days ago, drove to the parts store, bought the new sensor placed it in my passenger seat and now the CEL is off. Not sure what to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too cold to change my own oil. Anxiety aside I rolled up to a drive thru lube shop
Instructed numerous times change oil and filter only. Don’t look or touch anything else.
Paid $20 for a semi syn oil change with my coupon. They wanted to sell me on engine cleaners and flush every fluid in the jeep for over $300. They went bonkers when they seen my oil cap. Trying to check my lights and coolant. Jesus Murphy they are relentless. Like vultures on dead meat
New pcv and still getting that sludge.... weird. The 03 doesn’t but only difference is thst baffle. Is that all it needs??

Last edited:

Jasonwd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went into my local crazy Vietnamese garage today to have the PS pump replaced; they also figured that my Trans. cooler lines were corroded and leaking so they did an amazingly good bodge by chopping them off and replacing them with clamped on hose.

They seemed to get bored of my insisting they take the front right wheel off to check the super annoying clack clack clack that I think is coming from the brake pads so I guess I'll have to put up with that for a while longer.

Jasonwd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Popped an 02 sensor CEL a couple days ago, drove to the parts store, bought the new sensor placed it in my passenger seat and now the CEL is off. Not sure what to do.

Mine goes on and off like a hazard warning light. Out of interest, how much is an O2 sensor these days?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Back in Ohio for the weekend, now to change oil, rotate the tires and do a good overall cleaning before starting back out

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Face- palm...

While checking into the PS fluid leak tonight I discovered some oil leaking from around the oil filter. Grabbed ahold and gave it about a 1/2 turn tighter...maybe this is why I've been adding oil every few weeks:blah:

PS pump is leaking and a line has a tiny crack where it meets the fitting. I believe it's a return line (lower left of the four)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine goes on and off like a hazard warning light. Out of interest, how much is an O2 sensor these days?

Flashing CEL = not good, that means catalytic converter damage is possible.

...Face- palm...

While checking into the PS fluid leak tonight I discovered some oil leaking from around the oil filter. Grabbed ahold and gave it about a 1/2 turn tighter...maybe this is why I've been adding oil every few weeks:blah:

PS pump is leaking and a line has a tiny crack where it meets the fitting. I believe it's a return line (lower left of the four)

I had the same thing happen on the LR3 and it was getting blown back by the transmission pan and I took it in for a leaking trans. :happy175:

Downstream driver side was about $57

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid $34 at O'Reillys for an NTK one last time I needed one.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also check amazon if you have prime return shipping is free if it's defective and usually comes in 1 or 2 days.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wershed it to remove the Maryland rust enhancer, rotated tires and installed the vent visors it got for Christmas. Only 5500 since new tire install so not too bad for rotation. I was happy that PepBoys did not overtighten them. Came right off (as they should that is) with the 4way. One of the lugs had some minor rust on it! never had that happen with a McGard.

Neighbors probably think I'm nuts lying on my back in the wet driveway to rinse the underside. What the heck it was near 60F here today.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Was real low on fuel & not close to a good Chevron station, so I threw in $20 to get me going... at the "We screw you at the brand Z watered down pumps station"
Suddenly down the road, the Jeep's idle was rough and there was this smell..:signs16:
The exhaust smelt like crap, the foul stale gas experience. Last time I go there!
Luckily, I now carry a couple of bottles of fuel stabilizer and added a half a bottle to the tank, what a difference almost immediately, idle smoothed right out.
Thank You StarBrite for making a great product!
30 minutes later filled it with 94 chevron and all is well. :gr_grin:
Highly recommended you also keep a bottle of this in the Jeep!
61057[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• osBW1LY.jpg
    osBW1LY.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 0

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left rear window regulator plastic part failed on me today. Window was down 2" and I knew I'd closed it last night...opened the door and couldn't get it closed again.

Popped off the door panel, pulled the wire out of the way, popped the panel back on and put the window back up with suction cups and wires.

Now to get the replacement part...