What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran "The Pig" through the car wash to get all the road salt off. "The Pig" was white with road salt and now it is "Black" again. But we got more snow coming according to the weather perp.......must be winter....LOL

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too lazy to do the rack myself so dropping it off today. Won't see it for a couple of weeks. Certainly won't miss it. Jersey City is not the place to bother to have a car.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran "The Pig" through the car wash to get all the road salt off. "The Pig" was white with road salt and now it is "Black" again. But we got more snow coming according to the weather perp.......must be winter....LOL

Dave

I hear ya. Picked up the wash pass. I try to go every day but I already see new rust starting thst I just repaired in the summer. Unreal.

An yup. Winter storm warning. Meh... lol

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Too lazy to do the rack myself so dropping it off today. Won't see it for a couple of weeks. Certainly won't miss it. Jersey City is not the place to bother to have a car.

You'll be very pleasantly surprised, it'll be a huge difference to have a new rack!
I hear ya. Picked up the wash pass. I try to go every day but I already see new rust starting thst I just repaired in the summer. Unreal.

An yup. Winter storm warning. Meh... lol

I just wish it would stay cold enough so the ice/salt would stay frozen on the vehicles and the roads wouldn't be wet.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want some more smallish storms. daddy wants money.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came home to some parts for the XJ. Ordered replacement forks for the jba coilover. It was replaced under warranty. When the shock shaft snapped it was flush with the fork. The hardened steal was too much for my drill bits and couldn't get my extractor in.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new daily driver a 2015 ram 1500, now my jeep can begin retirement as the official toy and fun vehicle. Hope fully soon my jeep can be back in fighting shape once I find all the replacement parts.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
This morning took off on a little trip ( 300 miles )
light rain and 55 degrees
get home to freezing rain with more and more snow accumulating
and 20 degrees
BUT FUN FUN FUN
locked in , 45 MPH full on power slides at Macys :happy175:
Later stop to get gas, lady asks if I know anything about 4 wheel drives
She's driving an XJ, it's the boyfriends and he hasn't had it locked in the whole time he's owned it ( over 6 years ) ( He's mad she is driving it in the snow ! ha ha )
Talk about a bear to get it, but got it working, showed her what to do when she wanted to take it back out of 4x4. We drove around a bit to make sure it was working well, she then bought me a six pack, gave me a hug and her phone number .
I LOVE JEEPS !!!!!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just bought a new daily driver a 2015 ram 1500, now my jeep can begin retirement as the official toy and fun vehicle. Hope fully soon my jeep can be back in fighting shape once I find all the replacement parts.

Congrats! Post pics.
This morning took off on a little trip ( 300 miles )
light rain and 55 degrees
get home to freezing rain with more and more snow accumulating
and 20 degrees
BUT FUN FUN FUN
locked in , 45 MPH full on power slides at Macys :happy175:
Later stop to get gas, lady asks if I know anything about 4 wheel drives
She's driving an XJ, it's the boyfriends and he hasn't had it locked in the whole time he's owned it ( over 6 years ) ( He's mad she is driving it in the snow ! ha ha )
Talk about a bear to get it, but got it working, showed her what to do when she wanted to take it back out of 4x4. We drove around a bit to make sure it was working well, she then bought me a six pack, gave me a hug and her phone number .
I LOVE JEEPS !!!!!

Nice...did you make sure you got all the digits? :happy175:

I don't think I've had the XJ in 4WD yet this winter. I know I've had the KJ in 4full but I can't remember when or for what.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the spark plugs with NGK ZFR6F-11G. I was pleased to find the plugs that were already in there were the same type. The Jeep is more responsive from the throttle now which is nice. I feel like i should have changed the coils as well. Who knows when they were last done. Next job i guess.

Oh, also swapped out the air filter. Old filter was absolutely chock full of red dust! I should have taken a quick video. You'd have to see it to believe it.
I noticed my throttle body is quite dirty, too. Add that to the list.

Last edited:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have one awesome XJ if the XJ could tow more then the liberty I would have gotten one.
It's still stock (well not for long now) except for led projector headlights.

I'm building it up to race in Jeepspeed 2700 class. Was waiting for the lift to come in so I can measure travel for shocks, and drive shafts.

Now the dilemma is Fox or King shocks.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the spark plugs with NGK ZFR6F-11G. I was pleased to find the plugs that were already in there were the same type. The Jeep is more responsive from the throttle now which is nice. I feel like i should have changed the coils as well. Who knows when they were last done. Next job i guess.

Oh, also swapped out the air filter. Old filter was absolutely chock full of red dust! I should have taken a quick video. You'd have to see it to believe it.
I noticed my throttle body is quite dirty, too. Add that to the list.

Improved throttle response likely had a LOT more to do with the air filter replacement than the plugs. :gr_grin:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reconnected the 4x4 lever and cable. Now that I know what was wrong, I got it fixed...and a wire tie to hold it there.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Dave
Proof the PIG enjoys a good bath !
"She says..Oh.. "Thank You" ...I'm gettin a pig bath" !! ha ha !:happy175:
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fljJhrdwCZ0

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
birthday present skid plates came in the mail! now if only the weather would warm up so i can get them installed...

You must be registered for see images attach

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amazon refunded my order for the mirrors, since the seller hasn't responded in a week and a half to two attempt to contact them.
so, I now have free heated mirrors. all I have to do is figure out how to get the driver's side glass to stop vibrating. I've got some left over dynamat from a youthful misadventure; thinking a strip of that on the back might solve the problem.

Members online

No members online now.