What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the chalk test is. I could guess, but do tell.
Put a band of chalk on the tire and then drive a few hundred yards. See where it wears the chalk off. It's no science but could help you get an idea of where your tread is wearing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a band of chalk on the tire and then drive a few hundred yards. See where it wears the chalk off. It's no science but could help you get an idea of where your tread is wearing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

That's a great idea! Thanks! :cheers:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a great idea! Thanks! :cheers:
When you do it drive in a straight line for 100+ feet. It's better to start with too much air as you can adjust down until the chalk wears evenly.

banalban

Reaction score
I went shopping for new tires, again. My 2008 Jeep Liberty (bought new in mid 2009) has been fantastic. I love it and will likely hold on to it for my grandson to drive when I buy a newer vehicle within the next year. Only a couple of minor things over the years, but the largest and most expensive so far has been tires! 2-4 years is the average life of tires on my Liberty. I have low mileage, with just a little over 70,000 miles. It is the sports model but I have never taken it off road or run the heck out of it. I have had the suspension checked and it's okay and I always get two opinions when the tire issue pops up. The consensus is always "Pitting" that occurs on the tires and no one seems to know what causes it. Each set of tires I have placed on the vehicle do this and I make sure to buy a different brand each time now to ensure it won't happen again, but it continues. Any suggestions?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL I think the KJs are one of the easiest ones to work on and been doing suspensions for over 40 years .
Rear is stupid easy

You did waaaaaay to many.....LOL

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I went shopping for new tires, again. My 2008 Jeep Liberty (bought new in mid 2009) has been fantastic. I love it and will likely hold on to it for my grandson to drive when I buy a newer vehicle within the next year. Only a couple of minor things over the years, but the largest and most expensive so far has been tires! 2-4 years is the average life of tires on my Liberty. I have low mileage, with just a little over 70,000 miles. It is the sports model but I have never taken it off road or run the heck out of it. I have had the suspension checked and it's okay and I always get two opinions when the tire issue pops up. The consensus is always "Pitting" that occurs on the tires and no one seems to know what causes it. Each set of tires I have placed on the vehicle do this and I make sure to buy a different brand each time now to ensure it won't happen again, but it continues. Any suggestions?

What kind of tires are you running, brand/model?
I ran Duratracs on the 04 and got over 90,000 miles on them and still going
If buying cheap tires then that is the reason, but need more info and what the " pitting is"

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You did waaaaaay to many.....LOL

Dave

Could be ??!!!:happy175:

Drove mine to check out a new place for it to park.
Nice ranch with .................................YES 3 car plus garage , heated/ wired for welder etc Plus extra pad for trailer parking, two plus lots ( in town :favorites68::favorites68: ) but otherwise good until my son gets out on his own

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lift is done. Bushings done. Alignment done. Specs are posted a page back if anyone wants to make sure it's legit

You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Something is wrong. Need more info on the tires you are using.

Dave

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel so shamed. I've been told in another forum that i'm insane for towing anything with my liberty. that it'll fall apart in the first 5 miles and I'll kill 100 people in a fiery wreck of apocalyptic proportions.

Ok now I don't. I've essentially told them to just fsck off with their opinions.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lift is done. Bushings done. Alignment done. Specs are posted a page back if anyone wants to make sure it's legit

Gotta redo it, swap UCA's arms side to side ..................

need those decals to be in front so they show up good! :icon_razz::icon_razz:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I feel so shamed. I've been told in another forum that i'm insane for towing anything with my liberty. that it'll fall apart in the first 5 miles and I'll kill 100 people in a fiery wreck of apocalyptic proportions.

Ok now I don't. I've essentially told them to just fsck off with their opinions.

Idiots everywhere
Too many people are only going by whats on YouTube and Facebook any more and no real life experiences

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta redo it, swap UCA's arms side to side ..................

need those decals to be in front so they show up good! :icon_razz::icon_razz:

I will admit - you got me
My stomach turned thinking about redoing that

Thanks to you and everyone else helping me pick out the best parts for what I was looking for last year , I'm glad to see it see finally come together.

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Morons I tow a ton of trailer on a daily basis

2004 3.7 limited

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I will admit - you got me
My stomach turned thinking about redoing that ...
He got me, too. I'm no expert (though I did learn from the best), but I was scratching my head trying to figure out what was wrong. :happy175:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Awesome lifted black jeep.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.